Burning Man Virgin

Our 2005 theme explores psychology: self-expression, self-reflection and the unconscious power of dreams. Discuss.

Burning Man Virgin

Postby Flea » Fri May 27, 2005 9:16 pm

I am determined to go and I think my friend flaked on me....Im a 37 year old woman driving from Seattle and It will be my first time at Burning Man.. Any Tips other than telling me to read the Burning Man site and board? Ive already done that... I guess I am asking if you think I am crazy to drive that far alone.. into the desert... first time at burning man.. alone??

Words of caution, advise and your all knowledgable wisdom would be appreciated!
Flea

Postby Coastburner » Fri May 27, 2005 10:51 pm

Check out the Green Tortoise from Seattle. A lot of people and first timers will ride the tortoise to Burning Man. I grew up in Seattle but now live in San Francisco and take the tortoise each year. My first was two years ago and now I have friends all over the world. The site is www.greentortoise.com -- See you on the Playa!
Coastburner

Postby Flea » Fri May 27, 2005 11:02 pm

Ahhh.. that is awsome info!! I might do that, its less than my gas expense just to go! Cool! 8)
Flea

Postby Coastburner » Fri May 27, 2005 11:08 pm

Yeah, it's great! I really did meet some great people both years. I can't wait to go this year. They provide the food and water and you just need to help cook, clean or prepare the food at each meal. It's a great group of people and you'll have a nice base camp to start from. It's usually close to center camp and you always have a place to sleep, eat, relax, etc. I hope you check it out as it's worth it!
Coastburner

Postby Flea » Fri May 27, 2005 11:25 pm

I have and I think id love the experiance especially since it will be my first time, then I will know what to expect for the following year! I love the idea!
Flea

I just booked from SF to Burning Man!

Postby Coastburner » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:57 pm

Hey Flea,

I just booked my Tortoise trip from SF to Burning Man -- I head out on the Tuesday night trip! I can't wait. I hope the Tortoise works out for you -- if not and you get there some other way -- stop by and say hello as you'll love the people and the whole setup.

Coastburner
Coastburner

Postby Flea » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:16 pm

Actually I now have a camp "The Pit of Hell" which was very cool of them! I will for sure stop by and pay you a visit!! Im keeping track of everyone I meet on here and will try my hardest to stop by and give a big Hello! I want to spend one day at the camp washing peoples feet and messaging them if at all possible but we will see.. thats a lot of water, but if it all works out youll notice me! Ill be dressed like an egyptian with auburn curly hair.. Im not going to dye it black for the occasion cuz I like my hair too much! ha..
Flea

Postby Coastburner » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:22 pm

I'm glad you found a home! It's a great community with everyone open to helping. I may spend a good part of my time at the Deep End as I have friends that run the camp so I may ride the tortoise up and then go camp for the week at the Deep End. They do great day parties and then shut down for the night as we all run off into the dark!
Coastburner

Postby Flea » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:35 pm

Ah... Ill go there instead.. hey, your from Half Moon Bay, nice place! I sailed there years ago! Caught a huge red snapper on my way and provided dinner for all! ;)
Flea

Postby Coastburner » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:41 pm

Yeah, I've been here for about 7 years. I love it. The waves, the air, the mountains -- it's all beautiful. Seattle's nice as well. I miss it sometimes. I get up there a few times a year since my folks are still there. I'll try and stop by the "Pit of Hell" and say hello -- You'll find Burning Man is a big place and if you try to see everything -- you'll still only see about 15% but that 15% is wonderful! It really is amazing and I can't wait to go back each year. I hope you have the same experience.
Coastburner

Postby STSC » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:24 am

I live in Chehalis, WA. only about 2 hours from you and will be driving an RV this year to BM. Depending on when we leave we may wnat a couple of passangers to help offset soem gas costs.

For all the virgins out there our theme camp "The Pink Flamingo Lounge" will be hosting Virgin get togethers 3 times during the week.

Monday -12:00 Meet and Greet
Thursday 12:00 Mango's March to the Man
Saturday - 12:00 Share your week and god byes

I will let you all know the address when we get it.
Don't take anything I do personally unless I do it to you with my hands.
STSC

I know and love your flaky friend

Postby desert damnaged » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:36 pm

Hi flea, this is desert damnaged. Pitt Of Hell oldtimer. We have campmates that come from Vashon Island, Eugene, and many other places. we can make arrangements to help you get there. can also help get you settled with us or whever you want. We are part of a very diverse community with many interesting people. We settle in the unregistered KlusterPhuck Kummunity. Get In touch with me through, flaky friend. I look forward to introducing you some 30 thousand beautiful people.
desert damnaged

Postby blyslv » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:51 pm

Flea wrote:I want to spend one day at the camp washing peoples feet and messaging them if at all possible but we will see.. thats a lot of water, ..

A spray bottle can help, plus towels with a little vinegar. IT doesn't take to much to wash feet and it feels great.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby mars » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:43 am

In answer to the original question...I don't think you're crazy at all for thinking about going alone. In fact, I now think I was crazy for NOT thinking about doing that. I would have gone to BM 10 years earlier had I been willing to go alone. And I now know it would have been a fine thinkg to do. But I thought I had to have a group of friends to go with. I now have those friends, and I actually have to make sure I get away from them when I am there, because they suck me into their friendly vortex and make it hard for me to leave our camp. Sometimes BM is a lot better when one is alone. It is such a personal experience. But, of course, have connections has its benefits as well.

neon mars
Live as if everyone loves you and thinks you look great. Dance as if no one is watching.
mars

Re: I know and love your flaky friend

Postby Flea » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:02 pm

[quote="desert damnaged"]Get In touch with me through, flaky friend.[/quote]

I will do that!!! I am so excited about the BM experiance, I could piss myself!
Flea

Postby joel the ornery » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:31 pm

Flea wrote:
desert damnaged wrote:Get In touch with me through, flaky friend.

i'd pay a dollar to see that!
joel the ornery

Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares
Burning Since: 1998

Postby Flea » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:38 am

[quote="joel the ornery"][quote="Flea"][quote="desert damnaged"]Get In touch with me through, flaky friend.[/quote]

I will do that!!! I am so excited about the BM experiance, I could piss myself![/quote]

i'd pay a dollar to see that![/quote]
Your money is no good here... you will have to provide a good stiff drink or a hilarious act THEN I will let you watch me piss myself! hahaha
Flea

bm virgin

Postby ZaphodBurner » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:12 pm

"Your money is no good here... you will have to provide a good stiff drink or a hilarious act THEN I will let you watch me piss myself! hahaha"

That's the spirit! You sound like a Burner already. Come by the Zaphod Project sometime and have some rootbeer.

gatt
http://ZaphodBurns2005.org
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby Flea » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:34 pm

Actually, I am so into the experiance I have decided to move to Reno for two months because I just can't wait and plan on some adventures before BM!

Why??

CUZ I CAN! =) and I am a nut bag!
Flea

Postby ZaphodBurner » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:19 am

> and I am a nut bag

Cover yourself in sunscreen if you go out, then. Nothing sucks like a sunburned nut bag!

-gatt
ZaphodBurns!
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby Flea » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:47 am

hahahaha
Flea

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:23 pm

Flea wrote:
joel the ornery wrote:
Flea wrote:
desert damnaged wrote:Get In touch with me through, flaky friend.

i'd pay a dollar to see that!

Your money is no good here... you will have to provide a good stiff drink or a hilarious act THEN I will let you watch me piss myself! hahaha

Sounds like you will fit right in. By the way, what IS your favorite stiff drink???

Hate to be unprepared if the moment strikes....;)
dragonfly Jafe

Postby crazycloud » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:37 pm

drink more water then booze, lock your shit up when not attended, watch for "mickey finns" , and dont pass out on the playa cause your lible to find some 300 pound hairy dude trying to lay naked on top of you. :lol: :lol:
i see the ufo's around it, but that's a god damn egg in the middle. there's a hobit eating it, but god damnit, that hobbit's eating a fucking egg
crazycloud

Greetings From Jedi Master Dale Of Reno!

Postby JediDale » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:30 pm

If you need assistance feel free to email me at:

JediDale@sbcglobal.net

"May The Force Be With You!"
JediDale

Burning Since: 2000

Return to 2005 Theme