Dreams

Our 2005 theme explores psychology: self-expression, self-reflection and the unconscious power of dreams. Discuss.

Dreams

Postby lil'bopeep » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:31 pm

Dreams: Sometimes when my life isn't going well I can't wait until I can go and dream, I am free when I dream ,I live in the past, I live in the future, I am blood and bone flesh and fire, I am tears and sand, I fly I climb, I cry, I crawl, I kill, I kiss. I hate, I love. I am all things, I am someone else, I am a man I am an animal, I am me. Sometimes I don't dream at. Some times I just scream into the celestial universe.
lil'bopeep

Postby Blue Jester » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:26 pm

Well said.
Rob the bank, give the money to the poor, then steal from the poor and shoot the money.......or something like that.
Blue Jester

dreams of the playa (as related to a friend)

Postby Tiahaar » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:09 am

So, Dr., I've had two strange dreams to tell you about: the first was pulling into a camp spot at what my group thought was "BurningMan" in the middle of the night (lots of other campers around too) and waking up in the morning to find we were in the paved parking lot of a Walmart!! I said "Hey, this isn't BurningMan, I'm leaving to go to the real thing!" And I did : )

The second a few nights ago, I was sitting in some bleachers (!) waiting for the burning of the Man, and remember being disappointed because there were power lines overhead (?) and in fact the Man was right in front of a big electrical substation and I was thinking "that is really a stupid place to build that" heheh.

I feel like I'm about to board a spacecraft to Mars, danger and adventure await, and only a short time to prepare remains.
Burning Man 2003-13; Desert Carillon, Ulaume's Chimes, Iron Native, Black Rock Solar, Portal Collective, Center Camp Café Stage Tech
RING THE COCK Caravansy Peenerweight Boutique
Tiahaar

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Re: dreams of the playa (as related to a friend)

Postby robotland » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:53 am

Tiahaar wrote: "Hey, this isn't BurningMan, I'm leaving to go to the real thing!" And I did : )

I'll vouch for the fact that you were in the wrong place....Burning Man has been going on near the outskirts of Steve City for several months. It's near a HUGE field, and there's a lakeshore about a half mile away. ("Steve City" is the dream city in which ALL of my dreams, for as long as I can remember, have "taken place". My travels add strange suburbs and sights to the city, and I can recognize some of the contributions while within the dreams themselves...The University of Michigan Hospital Complex is represented there, as are Honolulu, parts of West Michigan, and Black Rock City. There's also a helluva good sushi bar with a three-story waterfall! If I could just disappear into my own head when I die, I'd be a happy man.)
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby Tiahaar » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:33 pm

Robots sure have some Very interesting things going on in those electronic synapses of theirs : )
Burning Man 2003-13; Desert Carillon, Ulaume's Chimes, Iron Native, Black Rock Solar, Portal Collective, Center Camp Café Stage Tech
RING THE COCK Caravansy Peenerweight Boutique
Tiahaar

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:49 pm

Steve, how did I know I would find you here. I took the family to see the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie tonight. We liked it, but I was craving something even more surreal. Time to go to sleep and let it come to me. I'm playa dreaming every other night. Part of me thinks it is because I'm spendning time during the day finishing projects and getting ready. I would rather believe my home town, like yours, is beconing me closer.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby gawul » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:28 am

my burning man dreams are never on the playa. sometimes burning man is held in parking lots, apartment buildings, housing tracts, etc.

the other day i dreamed i was at home, preparing for burning man. i put on an 80's style dress, black velvet bodice with bright orange sleeves and skirt. i put on an orange wig, some goofy glittery sunglasses and hopped on my bike
for a tour of the neighborhood, making some weird statement about living like i was at burning man all year long

later, at a thrift store, i saw almost the exact dress. passed it by
gawul

me too

Postby pollyboots » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:39 am

my burning man dreams are never in black rock either.
i did have it in a desert once, but they were rolling dunes.
not our desert.
pollyboots

Postby swampdog » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:57 pm

Robotland, I'm interested in your comments. I too have a dreamland that has landmarks and places I sometimes try to visit but can never find because they've changed since last time. There's Downtown, there's Chinatown, there's shackland, there's the bridge to the islands. There's the road along the coast, there's the cafe at the beach. I could go on.

Since last year, my virgin year at BRC, the landscapes have all changed. Somehow it's all related to BRC now, and maybe it always was but I didn't know it until now.
swampdog

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Postby robotland » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:59 pm

It's weird how sometimes a dream will "take place" in a room, and I'll just KNOW that the room is in a building in Steve City....(One of these days I'm going to have to come up with a better name! Dreamopolis? Nocturnia? Somnambula City? Z-Town?)
Now I want a Chinatown in MY city!
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Return to 2005 Theme