The Power of Dreams

Our 2005 theme explores psychology: self-expression, self-reflection and the unconscious power of dreams. Discuss.

Postby Rabbi Dali Rick » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:21 am

Rabbi Dali Rick

Postby Donita » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:57 am

I love this smilie: Image Suddenly I'm very sleepy.... :P Haven't had a chance to get on the computer in a week. Migranes beyond belief. Um, I need to process all this. I'm giggling my ass off, though.
Donita

................We are all free..............

Postby Rabbi Dali Rick » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:16 pm

RingO'Fire wrote: Now when you go home this evening, you will feel the irresistable urge to play The Minister's Quartet on your record player. You suddenly love this album; you can't get enough of it; you want to play this record over and over again. All the while you're listening to this music, you can't stop thinking about just how 'hot' RingO'Fire is..."

I don't Ring mmmmmmm I'm kinda get child molestation flash back, four white ministers in funny suits wanting to touch somebody {inner child closing eyes and shuddering} . My first questions would be how would you touch me and why? And does this have anything to do with this burning man priest /jesus/child fixation that the pope has?

sincerly,
the rebbi
A LIVING EXPERIMENT - http://thehabitat.proboards.com/

The Burning Love Festival - http://thehabitat.proboards.com/index.c ... burningman

My Published books of digital musings... - http://stores.lulu.com/RabbiDaliRick
Rabbi Dali Rick

playa dreams

Postby Trick Pony » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:17 pm

My dream last night wasn't scary- it was just plain weird.. It was night time- the playa was empty except for a bunch of porta potties that had all blown over in the wind- so I was out there, and the wind started blowing them at me (they were lighter than they looked I guess) Luckily, someone had a big beam flashlight but was waving it wildly around, so there were flashes of light going crazy on these things, and they were coming at me so I had to jump over them as they came at me.
Even stranger was that the night before, I dreamt I was at the barn, and horses galloping toward me, but they jumped over me.
I'm not complaining though- horses and the playa are two of my favorite things!
YEEHAW!
Trick Pony

Postby Donita » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:13 pm

I confess porta potties have always scared me. Yucky.
Donita

Postby RandomX » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:21 am

Honestly, I can never really remember any dreams that I have at night, I know that I do dream, but almost NEVER remember them, 'sept in a weird deja'vu (sp?) kind of sense.

Though as it has been said before, I more then make up for it during the day in that I always have something daydream related running through my head. Conversations with people I know but have not seen in a long time, what I might be doing five or ten years from now, that kind of thing.
RandomX

Postby Magikal » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:59 pm

Ah, well, if we're gonna talk about dreams...

Dreams

Now here you go again
You say you want your freedom
Well who am I to keep you down?
It's only right that you should
Play the way you feel it
But listen carefully to the sound
Of your loneliness
Like a heartbeat.. drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering what you had
And what you lost...
And what you had...
And what you lost
Thunder only happens when it's raining
Players only love you when they're playing
Say... Women... they will come and they will go
When the rain washes you clean... you'll know
Now here I go again, I see the crystal visions
I keep my visions to myself
It's only me
Who wants to wrap around your dreams and...
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
Dreams of loneliness...
Like a heartbeat... drives you mad...
In the stillness of remembering what you had...
And what you lost...
And what you had...
And what you lost
Thunder only happens when it's raining
Players only love you when they're playing
Say... Women... they will come and they will go
When the rain washes you clean... you'll know

Ahhh, I never could resist that Welsh witch... even if she was actually from Phoenix.:lol: But hey, isn't that what dreams are all about? Things that don't actually exist in reality?
"All the great villainies of history have been perpetrated by sober men, and chiefly by teetotalers"

H.L.Mencken
Magikal

Postby LeChatNoir » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:16 pm

Oh, my.... Stevie nicks just does it for me...

(fainting backwards with hand against forehead)
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby Magikal » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:45 pm

*Sigh* You an' me both. I don't know if even she knew/understood what it was she had, but she sure could pluck the strings of my soul like a base violin. It was magic. It was a perfect dream.

On another, related note, after years of worshiping Pink Floyd's music, I finally got to see them in concert. I remember thinking as they played, "This is the kind of music they play in heaven", and I believe that. In heaven, all the music is that good, and all the female singers sing like Stevie. There is something of that liquid/powdered gold (no, better than gold, maybe diamonds? Diamond dust? Sparkling rainbows in the palms of thier hands?) in their music. I can get a little bit of that at the Burn, my own little taste of the nectar of the Gods. Aaaaahhhh, what can drugs offer compared with that? It's good I never met Stevie, how could she possibly live up to my fantasy of her?
"All the great villainies of history have been perpetrated by sober men, and chiefly by teetotalers"

H.L.Mencken
Magikal

Postby LeChatNoir » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:19 pm

I don't know if even she knew/understood what it was she had, but she sure could pluck the strings of my soul like a base violin. It was magic. It was a perfect dream.

Do you know something I don't? What do you mean was? You're scaring me here...
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby Magikal » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:03 pm

Was? Oh, no, nothing so dramatic as that. All the members of Fleetwood Mac are still alive, at least as far as I know. As a matter of fact, they played here in San Diego (Coors Amphetheater) just a few months ago, sans Christine McVie, and, (of course), I was there. It's just that... well, let's face it. Stevie simply doesn't have the "draw" she did when she was in her 20's-30's, no more than I do. She's in her 50's now, and while she's still a fine looking woman, well...

And the worst part is, there aren't any replacements coming along. I dearly love Britney Spears, darling girl that she is, but she can't even hold a candle to Stevie. Britney doesn't even have a fraction of that magic, and heat, and light, and never will. That time is passed (and may never be again), and that was all I was alluding to.

H.L.Mencken
Magikal

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:18 pm

LeChatNoir wrote:Oh, my.... Stevie nicks just does it for me...

(fainting backwards with hand against forehead)

<spinning and waving my hands in a mystical fashoin> "No I'm a witch... no I'm a butterfly... no I'm a princess..."

Maybe It's because I was a punk at the time, but I always liked their music but not her singing voice. Then again, I've got the same attitude about Led Zeppelin.

Elizabeth Frazier of Cocteau Twins did me up right. Just ask Stuart, she is the voice of God or so we agree.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:35 pm

Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:
Elizabeth Frazier of Cocteau Twins did me up right. Just ask Stuart, she is the voice of God or so we agree.

Tear drop comes to mind when it relates to this thread and what you just said.

Oh "The Power of Dreams"

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Previous

Return to 2005 Theme