Subconscious

Our 2005 theme explores psychology: self-expression, self-reflection and the unconscious power of dreams. Discuss.

Postby creoleflame » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:44 pm

i'll stick with the abundance of natural beauty... (smile)
an indian summer there sounds phenominal.
thanks.
peace & blessings
"Do, or do not. There is no try."
- Yoda, Jedi Master
User avatar
creoleflame
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:12 am
Location: new orleans/ houston

Postby LeChatNoir » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:30 pm

Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:I know I'm doing it right if I am the wierdest dad in the neighborhood. Wait 'till the neighbors see me walking down the street like this:


Man, oh mini-man...

I’m impressed. I really like the Da Vinci-esque concept sketches, too. Makes me wish there were more kooks around me to conspire with. As it is I’m the only one like myself ‘round these parts. A few more closer to Louisville, but I’m further out. Sort in the sticks, comparatively. I’m showing a guy down the road pics from this year, trying to give him a sense of where it was I disappeared to near the end of August.

“Hey, look at that chick...”

“Chick, yeah... but look at the kinetic wind sculpture there in the foreground, that’s what the photo was of. Isn’t that really cool?”

“She’s almost nude!”

“Yeah, yeah... that’s minor... but the sculpture... and didn’t you notice the 30' diameter orange cat head in the background? How can you miss that?”

“So there’s lot’s of girls running around naked out there?”

“Oh just never mind...”

He really is a great neighbor, we just are on different wavelengths. I asked him at one point, “So I guess most people around here say, ‘Yeah, that Matt, he’s a good guy... weird as hell, but a good guy’. He just grinned and said, “Pretty much”. Well, at least I’m doing that much right. Since my chosen medium of expression is steel, my ideas can easily weigh into the tons. I’ve got to start thinking more in terms of PVC and wood for projects. Although... it seems I get much more satisfaction out of working metal, and maybe should just continue to tailor my work to be more interactive on a smaller, more intimate scale. Kinda’ filling in the cracks between the big stuff. It seems like I’m better at the one-on-one interactions than I am on a grand scale. You know... like as you’re rightly in awe of the blue glowing mini-man walking by and talking to you, I sneak up and slip a hand forged metal spiral pendent around your neck and tell you how marvelous you look, then just disappear back into the dark. That’s more my kinda style. Hmmm... now how can that relate to the psyche?
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
User avatar
LeChatNoir
 
Posts: 5827
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:52 am
Location: Louisville, Ky

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:15 pm

LeChatNoir wrote:
Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:I know I'm doing it right if I am the wierdest dad in the neighborhood. Wait 'till the neighbors see me walking down the street like this:


Man, oh mini-man...

I’m impressed. I really like the Da Vinci-esque concept sketches, too. Makes me wish there were more kooks around me to conspire with. As it is I’m the only one like myself ‘round these parts. A few more closer to Louisville, but I’m further out. Sort in the sticks, comparatively. I’m showing a guy down the road pics from this year, trying to give him a sense of where it was I disappeared to near the end of August.

“Hey, look at that chick...”

“Chick, yeah... but look at the kinetic wind sculpture there in the foreground, that’s what the photo was of. Isn’t that really cool?”

“She’s almost nude!”

“Yeah, yeah... that’s minor... but the sculpture... and didn’t you notice the 30' diameter orange cat head in the background? How can you miss that?”

“So there’s lot’s of girls running around naked out there?”

“Oh just never mind...”

He really is a great neighbor, we just are on different wavelengths. I asked him at one point, “So I guess most people around here say, ‘Yeah, that Matt, he’s a good guy... weird as hell, but a good guy’. He just grinned and said, “Pretty much”. Well, at least I’m doing that much right. Since my chosen medium of expression is steel, my ideas can easily weigh into the tons. I’ve got to start thinking more in terms of PVC and wood for projects. Although... it seems I get much more satisfaction out of working metal, and maybe should just continue to tailor my work to be more interactive on a smaller, more intimate scale. Kinda’ filling in the cracks between the big stuff. It seems like I’m better at the one-on-one interactions than I am on a grand scale. You know... like as you’re rightly in awe of the blue glowing mini-man walking by and talking to you, I sneak up and slip a hand forged metal spiral pendent around your neck and tell you how marvelous you look, then just disappear back into the dark. That’s more my kinda style. Hmmm... now how can that relate to the psyche?


Hey, Blackie. Nice to get the nod from your neighbor on your unique contribution to the neighborhood. Everybody has one and it might as well be you.

Don't let it get you down that you don't have burners living next door. Would you be surprised to know that my MiniMan co-conspiritor, Kernul Killbuck and I have never met? He lives about an hour away, and we are using e-mail, scanned sketches, and a few phone calls to get it on. There's no reason why you can't do same with another kindered burner. I am glad we will finally meet up this Monday to arrange the creature on the slab.

Let's face it, it's not just your neighbor, we like sex too. Don't tell me you did not stop dead in your tracks when you saw that perfect booty getting flogged on the Esplanade. It's all part of the interrupt that BM plays on our minds that can have so many wonderful side effects and open us up to the art in a way that we could not be in a museum or other setting.

I like your idea of "filling in the cracks" between the big art. I envy those that can weld and work with metal as though it were candle wax. And deeper personal interaction is another one of those side-effects I was mentioning. I really like the mailbox sized art installations on the roadsides of some theme camps. How 'bout one of those?

Do you already have a camp for this year? I have just been recruited to the new theme camp, Apokiliptika and you might want to check it out.

Cheers!
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
User avatar
Mister Jellyfish Mister
 
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:02 pm
Location: Sparks, Nevada

Postby LeChatNoir » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:48 pm

Let's face it, it's not just your neighbor, we like sex too


Oh absolutely... I’ve always been a great admirer of the feminine form in it’s many manifestations of beauty. But it seems some just can’t get past the idea that it’s “just a pagan drug orgy”. They just can’t see that it’s really an artsy pagan drug orgy. Oh well...

So it goes...

I’ve got a great burner amigo who lives right in Louisville, but we don’t get together or collaborate on projects too often. But... the creative juices are flowing a little earlier this year, so when it starts to turn to Spring, I’m thinking there will be projects-a-plenty. Besides... I’m the guy with the shop space.

Do you already have a camp for this year?


I’m going with 75% of the crew I came with last year (that’s 3 out of 4 of us... #4 will be in Africa this year), but I think there are others joining us for ‘05. I imagine that we’ll just set up near where we were last year and work from there again.

I like your idea of "filling in the cracks" between the big art


Thanks... Yeah, I think I’m gonna expand on that and see how it develops.

Don't let it get you down that you don't have burners living next door


Oh Jeez... no problem there... those people are too damn noisy.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
User avatar
LeChatNoir
 
Posts: 5827
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:52 am
Location: Louisville, Ky

Postby regynalonglank » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:19 am

oooeeeooeeeooooo waht waht waht
ooooeeeooooeeeooooo waht waht waht
oooeeeooeeeooooo waht waht waht
ooooeeeooooeeeooooo waht waht waht
click click click click click click
shuffle
click click click click click
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum
User avatar
regynalonglank
 
Posts: 1514
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:11 pm
Location: in constant motion

Postby regynalonglank » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:45 pm

man, that is sad! it took me a long minute to remember that i had been trying to get some western showdown kind thing going on there...like the sherrif's in town sort of vibe...dang. guess that schtick needs some work :)
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum
User avatar
regynalonglank
 
Posts: 1514
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:11 pm
Location: in constant motion

Postby LeChatNoir » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:04 pm

I’ll showdown with you, RLL...

Draw!!!
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
User avatar
LeChatNoir
 
Posts: 5827
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:52 am
Location: Louisville, Ky

Postby LeChatNoir » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:09 pm

(That would be draw... like on paper... to let out the subconscious)
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
User avatar
LeChatNoir
 
Posts: 5827
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:52 am
Location: Louisville, Ky

Postby maeabee » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:37 pm

New Years is upon us. A new begining. A week of absolute freedom, self exression, almost a shedding of our skin, if you will. A chance to regain the memories we live on. I don't know about you guys but I am so ready. :D
User avatar
maeabee
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:05 pm
Location: Reno, Nevada

Postby DavineDesign » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:13 am

I'm fucken Ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you said it
I ran my mouth off a bit to much ... what did I say, well you just laughed it off and it was all okay...
User avatar
DavineDesign
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:43 pm
Location: Arcata CA

Out upon it!

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:31 am

El wire!
Goop!
Music!
Work parties!
Alchohol!
Fabric!
Tools!
Inspired people!

Out upon it!

My subconscious is throwing up all over the place and I'm a happy man!
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
User avatar
Mister Jellyfish Mister
 
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:02 pm
Location: Sparks, Nevada

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:52 am

Burning an effigy of Sigmund Fruad for all his sins.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37413
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Postby regynalonglank » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:03 pm

LeChatNoir wrote:(That would be draw... like on paper... to let out the subconscious)


alright pardner, i'll take sharpie pens at 50 paces...
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum
User avatar
regynalonglank
 
Posts: 1514
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:11 pm
Location: in constant motion

Postby LeChatNoir » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:35 pm

Hmmm...

we could be onto something here...

Dueling psyches.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
User avatar
LeChatNoir
 
Posts: 5827
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:52 am
Location: Louisville, Ky

Postby robotland » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:47 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Burning an effigy of Sigmund Fruad for all his sins.


Dammit! Wish I'd thought of it earlier....Making and burning a giant cigar....
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland
 
Posts: 3793
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:29 am
Location: Kalamazoo

Postby regynalonglank » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:38 pm

i propose a sharpie showdown

high noon

the temple

you pick the day

yer goin down muffucker, marker me words!
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum
User avatar
regynalonglank
 
Posts: 1514
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:11 pm
Location: in constant motion

Previous

Return to 2005 Theme

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest