Tartar sauce? WTF?

Our 2005 theme explores psychology: self-expression, self-reflection and the unconscious power of dreams. Discuss.

Tartar sauce? WTF?

Postby deserthillsguy » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:53 am

While attending this years festivities, I was talking to this beautiful woman covered head to toe in a white gown about such things as how she heard about the festival, what Burning Man meant to her, etc. She said "Hey, how is the Burning Man festival just like tartar sauce?" I said "I dunno" and she goes "They both taste good on fish!!"
I told her that I didn't get it. She said, "If you can understand the riddle, you can understand what the Burning Man is all about". I tried to press her further to explain, but then I suddenly realized that I was alone on the playa with the nearest person at least 200 ft away. She was no where in sight. Can someone help me wrap my head around this?? I was not drinking/smoking/etc. at the time. I was fully hydrated and not hallucinating.
deserthillsguy

Postby MissNev » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:05 am

perhaps she was on something, hallucinating, or dehydrated??
Proprietor and Mixologist for The Liver's End
MissNev

Postby helitack » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:12 am

This is the famous "Lady in White" ghost/spirit. You see, back in '74, there was a wagon load of tartar sauce in a supply wagon train that was travelling from Maine to San Francisco. The wagon masters daughter was along for the trip and she was found deceased from an unkown cause one morning right about where the Man is now. She was dressed in her white night gown and ever since, she preys on unsuspecting people with riddles that have no answer.
helitack

Camp Name: Apokiliptika

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:04 am

How many surrealists does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Fish.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Fat SAM » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:46 pm

helitack wrote:This is the famous "Lady in White" ghost/spirit. You see, back in '74, there was a wagon load of tartar sauce in a supply wagon train that was travelling from Maine to San Francisco. The wagon masters daughter was along for the trip and she was found deceased from an unkown cause one morning right about where the Man is now. She was dressed in her white night gown and ever since, she preys on unsuspecting people with riddles that have no answer.

It's odd...I was encountered by a woman matching this description, but she asked me how they get the zip into Miracle Whip? Is there a relation there? It's not tartat sauce, it's not mayo, and it tastes like crap and ruins virtually any sandwich, but here was this ethereal women questioning me about it and then disappearing...What's the deal?
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.
Fat SAM

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:56 am

Fat SAM wrote:
helitack wrote:This is the famous "Lady in White" ghost/spirit. You see, back in '74, there was a wagon load of tartar sauce in a supply wagon train that was travelling from Maine to San Francisco. The wagon masters daughter was along for the trip and she was found deceased from an unkown cause one morning right about where the Man is now. She was dressed in her white night gown and ever since, she preys on unsuspecting people with riddles that have no answer.

It's odd...I was encountered by a woman matching this description, but she asked me how they get the zip into Miracle Whip? Is there a relation there? It's not tartat sauce, it's not mayo, and it tastes like crap and ruins virtually any sandwich, but here was this ethereal women questioning me about it and then disappearing...What's the deal?
Ah, don't you know that the Greek Muses mulitplied as the world population went up and now cover art forms such as "Grapholate--the muse of Grafitti" and "Ouzorkia--the Muse of Tasteless Condiments." Personally I'm ducking "Tintinia, the Muse of Japenese Cartoon Theme Music."
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:40 pm

Yeah, I saw her back in ought-95! Skeered me plum to death, she did.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby robotland » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:24 am

Burning Man is like tartar sauce because it's predominantly white, and contains particles of Relish.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Return to 2005 Theme