Marching Band suits on Burn Night

Leave your camera somewhere? Bike wander away? Find a headlamp? Connect with your stuff or people you seek here. (hopefully...)

Marching Band suits on Burn Night

Postby kazos » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:54 pm

Looking for people who were wearing band outfits on Saturday night. Not necessarily playing instruments. Specifically trying to track down Patrick (Dogboy). Please let me know if you have a clue... Thanks!
kazos

Postby Isotopia » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:56 pm

Folks from Wheeville maybe. Colors were a hideous blue and orange swoosh type stripe over an otherwise white uniform. Some of the band memebers may have actually been wearing pants.
Isotopia

Postby Booker » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:06 am

Wasn't Wheee!villlians, I don't think. I didn't see anyone setting out on burn night in those petrochemical monstrosities, and no doubt the Fashion Gods were thus spared a terrible shock to Their systems. In fact, to anyone who arrived at BRC on Wednesday evening and was greeted by someone in one of those gawd-awful unis, please accept my apologies for the fashion faux pas on behalf of the group. We sincerely hope you have recovered by now from the shock.

OTOH, I'm shocked, shocked by the implications of this thread. Apparently, at least TWO uniformed marching bands were tromping the playa this year. We've learned to cope with hordes of yahoos, ravers, Barbie Death Campers, DPWistas -- hell, we even tolerate Rangers now. But the implications of an influx of marching bands are too terrible to contemplate.
Booker

Postby Ivy » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:15 am

Actually, I believe RebA! and Mr. RebA! were in band uniforms burn night. I know I saw one of those white & purple hats at the temple afterwards. They're unmistakeable.
Ivy

Postby Blenderhead » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:48 am

Heh. Jinx and I managed to don them for the little party at Doc's, but not on burn night.
Blenderhead

Postby Zona » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:18 am

Who was the trombone player?

Wait, what am I doing over here.
Laika and me went on a ride.
Zona

Postby RebA! » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:29 pm

Hubby was wearing the band pants on burn night
I was wearing band hat and my zipper outfit .

So the band was partially represented on burn night
"My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We can't decide whether to ruin our carpets or ruin our lives."
--Rita Rudner
RebA!

Postby kazos » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:58 pm

ACH! You guys are crackin' me up, but you're NO HELP! Jeesh.

Oh well. Wherever Dogboy is, I hope he's gettin' his bone on.

Trombone, that is.
kazos

Postby Sensei » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:54 am

There are multiple marching bands on the playa, fortunately. Or unfortuately, if you happen to like and care about music. Two for starters are The Hungry Marching Band (Asylum?) and the Burning Band out of the Conglomerate. I was in the Burning Band and I believe we did have a trombone player (I didn't make all the gigs). The Burning Band's uniforms (handmade by SINdy) consisted of white shirts with "Burning Band" in black letters on the back and gold braid on the shoulders with white yachting caps with the Burning Band logo on the front. We looked divine. And you wouldn't believe the reception we got at the Beirgarten when we broke into "Roll out the Barrel". The encore, "In Heaven, There is no Beer" brought tears to their eyes. Really. Sensei dranks and dranks.
Sensei

Postby kazos » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:46 am

I, for one, can't get enough marching band music at Burning Man. As much as I love electronic dance music, one can't be much further from that aesthetic than that of the old fashioned parade band. Keep it up.

I unfortunately have no reason to believe that Patrick played an instrument; he was simply in uniform, as were the rest of his campmates whom we ran around trying to find on Burn night, and who may indeed have been a band. But thanks for the tips!.. I'll check around.
kazos

Return to 2004 Lost & Found