Shit, I've yet to unpack my......???

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Shit, I've yet to unpack my......???

Postby bschlong » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:09 pm

Shit, I've yet to unpack my _________.

(fill in the blank)
bschlong

Postby Flux » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:55 pm

brain.
Flux

Postby bradDaDad » Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:38 am

kids.
bradDaDad

Postby TestesInSac » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:04 am

Sense of humor WRT hippies.
TestesInSac

Postby chloe_dancer » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:31 am

all my camping gear is on my back porch....i have decided to not wash it...i will wait for it to rain
i feel there is an angel in me whom i am constantly shocking
chloe_dancer

Postby MusicVixen » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:33 am

All of my sleeping stuff. It's still all in my van.
MusicVixen
MusicVixen

Postby BurningGirl » Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:06 pm

Hahaha...I didn't get to go this year (trying now to live vicariously through these posts) so my answer is...my shit from last year! I still have 2 boxes of costume-y clothes covered with playa that I haven't found an excuse to wear and therefor haven't washed...

sometimes I just stick my head in the box for a wiff...hehe
~Willow~
"If you love something...set it on fire."
BurningGirl

Postby Borris » Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:25 pm

Records, allthough i might do it tomorow, i have a gig.
Shit, where was i for the last week... ehm...
Borris

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: DPW

Postby jesse dean » Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:26 pm

SHIT IS RIGHT!!! I might have unpacked but all my bm shit is still in an RV in Alturas, CA. This pisses me off for many reasons such as, I am just about to go to something called the Blue Ball here in Portland and I could use some of that playa gear to make my look all yummy and dusty and such...

i love and miss you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when can the 30,000 of us get together again?

jesse dean
jesse dean

Postby Chef » Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:32 pm

Trailer is unpacked and back in storage, all the stuff that doesn't stay in the trailer is piled on the patio.
Now if it would only rain so I don't have to wash all that gear off.
Chef

Postby Spokes » Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:58 am

Thoughts as to how the important new experiences from burningman this year apply at reality camp.
Spokes

Postby Spokes » Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:05 am

I spent several hours in layover on the trip home, journaling on the PC and crying like a baby. I haven't really opened the crate since except to peek inside.
Spokes

Postby Angry Butterfly » Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:40 pm

LSD
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.
Angry Butterfly

Postby TestesInSac » Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:48 pm

Heh, I've unpacked most of my stuff now, soon I'll store a lot of it away. The bar I built for the "7 Sins Lounge" now serves as my "data center". I'm currently sitting on one of the stools I built for the bar, my feet resting on one of those plastic tubs that we use to pack things in (my inflatable mattresses are in there). My woodshop is also now policed and ready for new projects.

I also seem to have unpacked and released a lot of "not-good" from the '03 burn, and my mind is already on what I could do for '04. One week ago, I was ready to pack it in for good. Now, my mind is on what I could build. Screw me.
I am my own sock puppet.
TestesInSac

Postby Kinetic » Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:52 pm

This thread makes me feel much better...I unloaded the trailer but I have stuff all over the floor. It's been interesting to go through some of it and find things that were given to me, and I immediately have flashbacks. And I have my hands and my legs covered in playa dust. It's almost like I never left BRC, except I'm missing the cool people and great friends I have out there.

I just found 2 camelbaks though that still have water in them 2 weeks later. We just bought them before leaving this year and I'm wondering if they'll clean up. I have the brushes, tablets and bag brackets to keep 'em open...but would they already be beyond hope? All they had was water....anyone have experience with this?
Kinetic

Postby TestesInSac » Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:56 pm

If you're worried, rinse 'em out with some vinegar, an anti-fungal. But I don't think there's much cause for worry.
I am my own sock puppet.
TestesInSac

Postby Flux » Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:59 pm

Your Camelbaks will be fine. Mine's been through much worse, and always cleans up fine. Don't forget to remove the mouthpiece and clean out the inside of it with a cotton swab (or five); I've found that mold/algae/whatever grows in there after a while (yuck!).
Flux

Postby Kinetic » Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:59 pm

Thanks...I about had a cow when I found those in the piles of stuff. They didn't come cheap and they saved my ass so many times out there this year. I won't let anyone go with me to BRC without one of those, and a Petzl Tikka LED Headlamp. Those are items I can't live without!
Kinetic

Postby Flux » Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:02 pm

Ditto on that. I bought a Camelbak before my first year, and it has been not only my salvation, but that of quite a few other people, many times over the years.

I just got the Petzl headlamp this year, after seeing one on a girl in the center camp cafe and getting the scoop from her, and I agree: that's a must-have from now on, too.
Flux

Postby Kamakhya » Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:32 pm

LOL Kinetic...when packing for this year, I found my Camelback knockoff from last year, complete with water! I dumped the water, rinsed it barely and returned with it this year, no problem.

Talk about procrastination!

Kamakhya
Kamakhya

Postby Angry Butterfly » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:42 pm

I cant live without my knockoff camelback, but I wish I had replaced the bladder in it before I went, it was full of leaks. (I use It A LOT) I stopped at big 5 yesterday and there was an even nicer knockoff than the one I had for only $5 more than a replacement bladder, so now I have 2, which is good, because my husband couldnt go climbing without it while I was gone. I'm waiting for the bladders to go on sale, I have seen them at target pretty cheap.
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.
Angry Butterfly

Postby lazykat7 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:58 pm

Kinetic,
Rinsing it out with a solution of Hydrogen Peroxide will get rid of any weird smells and aftertastes.
lazykat7

Postby Lydia Love » Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:02 pm

I think I forgot to unpack my sense of proportion...

My work ethic might be in that bag too...
It's all about the squirrels.
Lydia Love

Postby Kinetic » Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:04 pm

I am still kinda afraid to open them but I'll do that...maybe Friday! That'll work.

Seriously all I had in it was water but I thought about using it with Gatorade and other things...yet I'm afraid when I need it for just water that it's going to be a mess to get the tastes out. Has anyone had experience with that?
Kinetic

Postby Badger » Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:53 pm

The 30 lbs of rebar in my tire well.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby Jane Eric » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:48 am

Well shit.

I just found an unlabeled box with ick Ick ICK kitchen stuff in it that someone slid into my garage and didn't tell me about. ICK!
Jane Eric

Postby officer_monkey » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:37 pm

fudge? :lol:
officer_monkey

Postby pixie mcGiver » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:45 am

UNPACK HA! I've REPACKED. and did not wash anything I did'nt have to.There is now a special corner in my closet designated to BURNING MAN year round. I to find myself sniffing the plya dust. Emotions run wild when I think of my first BURNING MAN .
pixie mcGiver

Postby Taniwha » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:45 pm

pixie mcGiver wrote:UNPACK HA! I've REPACKED. and did not wash anything .....

Me too ... but mostly because I'm back to the playa on Friday (wahoo!) nothing gets cleaned untill AFTER the last trip to NV ....
Taniwha

Postby nymphgonebad » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:32 pm

Taniwha wrote:
pixie mcGiver wrote:UNPACK HA! I've REPACKED. and did not wash anything .....

Me too ... but mostly because I'm back to the playa on Friday (wahoo!) nothing gets cleaned untill AFTER the last trip to NV ....

i'm so jealous!

speaking of washing:

the saturday before the krotus caravan left for black rock city, local kroteans and chilonians came together at uncle roland's house ( hi boys and girls, it's time to come over to uncle roland's house and get your dusty fucking shit out of my garage. we can discuss the veracity of those tits - you know the one's i'm talking about - while you get you get your dusty fucking shit out of my garage ) packing the truck. since bianca's love shack and the goat rodeo have dissolved, we inherited all their kitchen stuff, which was suffused with playa goodness.

roland on bianca's kitchen: " it's not so much a kitchen as a mobile grilled-cheese -making operation."
nymphgonebad

Next

Return to Experiences at Burning Man