Obstructed license plate

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Re: Obstructed license plate

Postby Thecatman » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:00 pm

I see shit like this everyday while driving around Reno. The NHP turns a blind eye to it, as well the local law enforcement. I can't help but think how hypocritical that is.
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!
"We in Arizona (and the rest of the United States) have been more than patient waiting for Washington to act."
"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem."
Thecatman

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby BBadger » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:46 pm

Hypocritical or not, if they were more consistent in applying the laws as they should that wouldn't affect you anyway; they'd just be burdening Reno residents more. What's more important is concentrating on problems where law enforcement is going "beyond the call of duty" to find excuses to pull over burners.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby FossaFerox » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:39 pm

BBadger wrote:Hypocritical or not, if they were more consistent in applying the laws as they should that wouldn't affect you anyway; they'd just be burdening Reno residents more. What's more important is concentrating on problems where law enforcement is going "beyond the call of duty" to find excuses to pull over burners.

You mean having the man logo visible on your vehicle isn't probable cause to do a drug sweep?
ygmir wrote:Everyone loves you there, and no one cares a shit about you..........all at once. and vice versa.
FossaFerox

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Vinyl Bunker

Postby Thecatman » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:12 pm

BBadger wrote: they'd just be burdening Reno residents more. What's more important is concentrating on problems where law enforcement is going "beyond the call of duty" to find excuses to pull over burners.

That was my point.
I should point too that I do see some with those electric scooter/wheelchair "racks" that have had the rear license plate and light mounted on the rack or in another visible location.
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!
"We in Arizona (and the rest of the United States) have been more than patient waiting for Washington to act."
"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem."
Thecatman

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby BBadger » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:33 pm

FossaFerox wrote:You mean having the man logo visible on your vehicle isn't probable cause to do a drug sweep?

Well, not legally... but I've gotta admit that if I were a cop trying to fill the coffers, I'd at least classify that as "probable-cause-to-find-some-excuse-for-legal-probable-cause."
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Previous

Return to Experiences at Burning Man