Looking for a 1 minute time lapse of Burning Man

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Looking for a 1 minute time lapse of Burning Man

Postby kahluagal » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:53 am

Hi eplayians...

I'm looking to give a presentation about Burning Man and design at a design conference next year, and would love to find a one minute time lapse video to play during my presentation showing the Playa, the set up, the event - and and that it all disappears afterwards. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQacfYW6eZQ&feature=player_embedded[/url] is a fantastic 5 minute video, but does anyone know of anything more in the 30 seconds to 1 minute timeline? I even hate having to reduce this down to something as short, but my talk would be about 10 minutes, so a minute video would be a good duration. I will have reference lots of great photos (will credit, of course - mostly using Flickr) and analysis... but short of being there, video would be the key to really getting the event for these folks. I would really like the time lapse because one of my key points is how 50,000 people can come together and create a city out of nothing - so anything showing the beauty of that construction would be awesome. Also the whole 'LOL dirty hippies in the desert' thing is something I like to actively dismantle, although I see how it keeps people who don't get the event away - but that's for another thread ;)

If you know of any videos, let me know. Some background: I've been to the playa three times, and want to stress all the things that blew me away during my presentation proposal - not just the infrastructure part, but that the lessons you can take from the experience are something the design community can learn from regarding physical vs. digital, how groups design together, how communities evolve as the size of that community scales up, etc. etc.

Thanks for reading - hope some of the archivists among you will know of a good video.

Thanks!
insert witty slogan here...
kahluagal

Burning Since: 2005

Return to Experiences at Burning Man