my view

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

my view

Postby Zoso » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:34 am

I'm not great at articulating my thoughts and words (hence why I'm a photographer ;) I work with visuals haha) But this is how I have put it to my australian friends who do not know an awful lot about burning man :)

I'm jetlagged as hell but Burning Man was one of the best experiences of my life! :) I feel like my free-spirited self again after an extremely long time and feel a changed woman (for the better - hopefully haha) I've learnt to forgive, forget and have no regrets, not care what others think, I feel I'm no longer plagued by pessimism or jadedness. I've learnt not to judge others (for we all do it and who are we to judge others) I've learnt to be a better me, things I thought were important no longer are and I even possibly had a divine revelation in the desert :~)

There seems to be a stigma attached to Burning Man, that it's just a festival full of 'dirty hippies' but it's so much than that. I've tried to explain it... It's about radical self expression, it's about music, art, love, peace, spirituality, consciousness, being environmentally friendly, feeling a sense of community. A space where the imagination is free to run completley wild; I was so inspired by everything I saw and believe my work will change too. When we first passed through the gates of Burning Man as 'virgin burners' we were told our lives were about to change forever and they weren't lying. I'm still intrinsically a storyteller hence why I photographically document and retell my experiences but hell why not, Life is a wonderful thing :) /endhippyrant lol
Zoso

Burning Since: 2012

Re: my view

Postby shroom » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:33 am

love it!
"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire."~~Fred Shero
shroom

Burning Since: 2010

Return to Experiences at Burning Man