Sometimes all this feels like a huge disappointment

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Re: Sometimes all this feels like a huge disappointment

Postby mudpuppy000 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:22 pm

I'm still struggling with this myself after my third burn but I'm starting to realize that there's no reason you can't keep the spirit alive all year long. I was out at an art event last weekend in joshua tree and helped an artist set up a piece in the middle of a dry lake bed of all places. It wasn't burning man, but it was a hell of a lot of fun anyways and I saw some really cool art and met some really cool people. If you miss the playa then bring what you like about the playa and make it happen in your "real life".
mudpuppy000

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Orphan Endorphin

Postby lucky420 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:06 am

Listen to mudpuppy000,
for he is wise and good and a most awesome photogragher!!! You rock!
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby NessaZee » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:27 am

mudpuppy000 wrote:I'm still struggling with this myself after my third burn but I'm starting to realize that there's no reason you can't keep the spirit alive all year long. I was out at an art event last weekend in joshua tree and helped an artist set up a piece in the middle of a dry lake bed of all places. It wasn't burning man, but it was a hell of a lot of fun anyways and I saw some really cool art and met some really cool people. If you miss the playa then bring what you like about the playa and make it happen in your "real life".

+1000!!!
:mrgreen:
~Om-Nom-Nom~~simplicity is potent~~handjob gallery~~the best is yet to come~
NessaZee

Postby Token » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:44 am

I find most burners in the real world to be terribly boring.

The ones that I like usually weld and blacksmith better than I do.

I think playa dust is a social lubricant best consumed in the heat of the high desert.
Token

Burning Since: 2001

Postby mudpuppy000 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:00 pm

lucky420 wrote:Listen to mudpuppy000,
for he is wise and good and a most awesome photogragher!!! You rock!

Awww *hugs jonsi* :D
mudpuppy000

Camp Name: Orphan Endorphin

Postby RedHeaven » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:58 am

Word word word and WORD.

"I think playa dust is a social lubricant best consumed in the heat of the high desert."

and WORD TO YO MAMA.

I really connected with my camp this year and we just had a huge festival bash reunion in the Sierras and it was wonderful. I am so happy as to what Burning Man has done to us as a social group. I feel much more natural around them all now.

But to update on my playa love, he has had major health problems since returning from the burn. I still havent seen him and he is only 4 hours away. Not sure if his fam knows about us. Not real sure about anything. I know he really thought I was great so I am not getting this feeling of being rejected, I am just getting this Bad Timing feeling. Because of his health, he needs to keep his stress level as low as possible. So what that means is, no interaction with me, as I probably bring up his heart rate or whatever, maybe its too much action for him right now. I have a feeling that he sugar coated a lot out at Burning Man so we would have a better time. I never asked him the real deal much as I didnt want to get in the way of the moment either. I am just trying to be supportive and nice and understanding, but I have a feeling the best thing for me to do is to not try contacting him for awhile. The thing that hurts is that he has been back to the hospital last week. I got a quick email from him. That just makes my brain race. I worry, but I cant contact him anytime i want and ask how he is doing. Its turned into slight torture and I have really had to get over it and stop being sad the past couple weeks. Home life is awesome so I have a solid ground but BOY OH BOY.........You never know who you will meet out there. I would of rather had this connection than not, though. It is QUITE the poem factory and inspiration. Its just sad and it kinda sucks, too.
Sorry I just need to vent and looking for a good place on line to do it with strangers I kinda trust. Thanks for this thread
RedHeaven

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche 4:30 and Dandelion Wine

Postby teardropper » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:48 am

You know, saying 'no expectations' is one thing. I really put that up there in my minds governor. Thought it, tried to live it... but come on, it's Burning Man. I expected SOMETHING, but what... ? I know it was my third Burn that I went through the Greeters without a sense of apprehension. Not from the Greeters, but from BRC. It can be an intimidating place. But I've met a lot of people, some really good people I would like to call 'friend'. It's 10 days a year in the most difficult, incredible, overstimulated place in the world. I may be making friends, but, as stated, friends are a rare thing. I will gladly take them. And not to seem too much the gadfly, I will take the friendliness and good intentions of the many that I meet. I may never see them again, but some interactions kinda' stay with ya'. I expect that is the way it is.

Burning Man let me hug, even back here. BM has let me dance like no one's looking. Lot's more, but for me, those were big ones...
\^/
/..\ Furthur
teardropper

Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Previous

Return to Experiences at Burning Man