2011 MOOP Map Live

Talk about your camp or project's LNT plans (and MOOP problems) here. Ask questions or share ideas on what works and what doesn't.

Re: 2011 MOOP Map Live

Postby hookahdude » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:58 am

junglesmacks wrote:
hookahdude wrote:Gee, what a surprise.... a sound camp is solid red. The areas across the playa outside the sound camps (being 10ish o'clock methinks) were red and, the new rating, black.

Just sayin.

Au contraire. I see green all along the 2 side. Not just the sound camps in yellow with many in green. Lets keep it in perspective here.

I think it is in perspective. My post specified any red offenders, not just the sound camps. I merely took a free and available snark shot at an easy target.

So there.

Please see sig for disclaimer. :P :P
Hookah Dude
"In war-time the word patriotism means suppression of truth” - Siegfried Sassoon
I AM AN ASSHAT!!!
(Shooting for 2012 with my better half!)
hookahdude

Postby AntiM » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:01 am

Where our mister dripped, I found a nest of black hair about a quarter inch under the playa. Plenty of old MOOP under our footprint. We MOOPed gray carpet tufts when we pulled up our vinyl floors, which was weird, because we didn't bring carpet this year, much less grey carpet (in the past, ours was blue or playa colored). All three of us criss-crossed our area repeatedly, and Larry says he broke up the tire marks.

WTF for TC indeed.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby jkisha » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:03 am

That is always my biggest fear. After you leave, you don't know nor have any control of what somebody might dump on your site. It definitely would be nice to know exactly what caused you to get less then green. I'm anxiously awaiting our mark and, like you, we know we left the space totally MOOP free. (including fixing any scars from tires, water, etc.)

pinemom wrote:Well considering all the camp bars in the last 6 years Ive cleaned up after and always got Green, this year was no different in the way we left it, this yr we even moved all vehicles and mooped again. there was nothing!!!

So to wake up to a big yellow was a fucking slap in the face!!!!

and worse....they dont even tell you WHAT made the mark down!!!! I need answers! DAMNIT ALL TO HELL JIM!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Dustdevil » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:17 am

Well Pinemom, I guess I am in good company. My camp has been green since it was started six years ago. I was on Playa until Wednesday and I personally walked the entire camp. In fact we did it two directions. The entire camp is yellow with a tiny red dot. I was really proud of the job our people did. On my final walk I only found a few small items.

Now This! I am hanging my head in shame.

Jack
Those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right.
Dustdevil

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Brain Freeze / Got Stickers Camp

Postby trilobyte » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:21 am

@junglesmacks, it's also worth noting that on the 2:00 side, only Disorient had things set up on the other side of the street.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Drawingablank » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:30 am

Now I'm starting to be a bit concerned - our camp was only a 30 x 30 foot square and we broke camp and packed up in daylight and were very thorough in mooping.

But this is the first I recall hearing about tire scars (I may have missed something about this). Is this referring to ordinary tire prints? Or something more dire?

We quite literally pulled head in 5 feet off the road and that was the extent of our vehicle use for the week. If I recall correctly it didn't even break up the cracked surface.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby d6 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:42 am

wayback when we used to camp out in the black rock, close to ttitd, it went from occasional moop - carpets fibers and the odd can, bottle,gun shell or fire remnant, and we never attributed much to ttitd when we did our own sweeps, as it could have been left by drunks with guns, landspeeder/sailers, locals, chuds...
we just didnt like seeing garbage.

it really just comes down to the person - the same tribe that throws sh!t out of their car window, to leaving sh!t at any beach, will do the same in brc, as its all about their convenience.
i would have no problem donating to the camp that straps these offenders down on an evap tarp underneath a trailer/rv potty, and let the septic tank drain onto their faces.
it could be "performance art", billed as an "homage to throbbing gristle"

we were green this year - 3:10 / A
your witty rejoinder just flew over my head.....

no trust fund getting supply buying self-reliant non-bankrolled questionable artistic contributor sacrificing electronics at will build it destroy it clean it haul it financially uninterested uber-bot
d6

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:20 am

hookahdude wrote:Gee, what a surprise.... a sound camp is solid red. The areas across the playa outside the sound camps were red and, the new rating, black.

Not a new rating, actually. Just a seldom used one. For extra-offensive messes. I think leaking a quart of oil would also get you black.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:26 am

d6 wrote:it really just comes down to the person - the same tribe that throws sh!t out of their car window, to leaving sh!t at any beach, will do the same in brc, as its all about their convenience.

There's a book by the Arizona Garbage Project (back at archeology, again) called Rubbish! that was a real eye-opener. Basically, I got the feeling that we, as a species, are a garbage producing animal. We often moved from one campsite to another when there was too much crap a stone's throw from our current resting place. Not that I think that that makes it okay, but perhaps we deserve to have some compassion for ourselves, for having to fight an uphill battle with our outdated nature.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby jkisha » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:36 am

If you park your car or truck all week on the playa and don't move it, you will find that there are black tire marks where the car/truck was parked. Those need to be raked away.
Drawingablank wrote:Now I'm starting to be a bit concerned - our camp was only a 30 x 30 foot square and we broke camp and packed up in daylight and were very thorough in mooping.

But this is the first I recall hearing about tire scars (I may have missed something about this). Is this referring to ordinary tire prints? Or something more dire?

We quite literally pulled head in 5 feet off the road and that was the extent of our vehicle use for the week. If I recall correctly it didn't even break up the cracked surface.
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Postby Drawingablank » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:25 am

jkisha wrote:If you park your car or truck all week on the playa and don't move it, you will find that there are black tire marks where the car/truck was parked. Those need to be raked away.
Drawingablank wrote:Now I'm starting to be a bit concerned - our camp was only a 30 x 30 foot square and we broke camp and packed up in daylight and were very thorough in mooping.

Oh crap! I wish I had known to look for that. We pulled out at 4 A.M. and I was so busy trying to avoid hitting my neighbors shade structure that was less than a foot from the side of the RV that I didn't notice any in the dark. I will know to move the vehicle when we are packing up and take care of them for next year though.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby gaminwench » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:53 pm

YAY! Our entire Esplanade block GREEN!!! Our neighborhood rocked it!!!
"I'm sorry, but just the thought of a non-controversial thread on ePlaya is controversial." jk
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP

Postby Cheyenne » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Yeye...

We were 3and espl. and it got green too.... cool - I know a bunch of people stayed behind all of monday and mooped the shit out of that area and into the playa too..

Well done transmorphagon!

Go Tigers!
Cheyenne

Postby gaminwench » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:56 pm

High-fiving Cheyenne... rockin', MOOPless block!!
"I'm sorry, but just the thought of a non-controversial thread on ePlaya is controversial." jk
gaminwench

Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP

Postby d6 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Cryptofishist:

what is this "compassion" thing of which you speak?
your witty rejoinder just flew over my head.....

no trust fund getting supply buying self-reliant non-bankrolled questionable artistic contributor sacrificing electronics at will build it destroy it clean it haul it financially uninterested uber-bot
d6

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:18 am

junglesmacks wrote:It's gonna take a fuckload more than just an eight.

not an eight ball, they can do that in one rail...a BIG eight...

i of course, am talking about billiards...really...i swear.
one nation, under a groove.
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby H.G.Crosby » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:21 am

there are sixteen ounces in a pound....

therefore a big eight weighs 8 x 28 grams = 224 grams

that SHOULD be enough.
Once I noticed I was on fire, I decided to relax and enjoy the fall™
H.G.Crosby

Postby Fiver » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:34 am

H.G.Crosby wrote:there are sixteen ounces in a pound....

that SHOULD be enough.

Do we need 8 balls?

Careful, undercover LEO's may still be on the Playa....
Fiver

Burning Since: 2011

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:37 am

H.G.Crosby wrote:therefore a big eight weighs 8 x 28 grams = 224 grams

New term for me. I've always known 224 grams to just be a straight 1/2 lb.. lol.

My multiplication tables.. slightly fuzzy. Yet I know my 112 / 224 / 336 / 448 increments all day long. I dunno.. :lol:
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby H.G.Crosby » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:54 pm

Fiver wrote:
H.G.Crosby wrote:there are sixteen ounces in a pound....

that SHOULD be enough.

Do we need 8 balls?

Careful, undercover LEO's may still be on the Playa....

Ya THINK?

and they often fall for the same bait as the trolls... :twisted:
Once I noticed I was on fire, I decided to relax and enjoy the fall™
H.G.Crosby

Postby trilobyte » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:05 pm

And here we go with day 5...

trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby FuckingEh » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:12 pm

Big props to the Moop crews. *cheers*
FuckingEh

Camp Name: Darwin Fish Tank

Postby delle » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:47 pm

Yikes.

Our corner was green (in fact the whole darned block was --- GO, BLOCK!!!). Strait across from us was an entirely yellow block tho, with scattered red.

Wondering what the odd swipe of yellow was between 9:45 & Hajj was tho.....
He soars not high who fears to fall
delle

Postby jkisha » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:16 pm

I wonder why they chose the route they took? They started at the back (and quit one street shy of our camp :( ) and then jumped to the inner circle and started working their way back. Is there some logical reason for doing that?
JK
jkisha

Postby trilobyte » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:50 pm

If I remember correctly, they said they do some of the outer streets first as a 'warm up' because they're usually less MOOPy than the rest of the city. Then once they've got the process down, they dive in at the deep end and work their way back.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Fiver » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:44 pm

Fiver

Burning Since: 2011

Postby bubbavic » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:57 pm

It saddens me to see so much red. GO DPW! On the flip, my block was all green! (was almost sure we'd be yellow but I know other people stuck around to MOOP). =)
aka FlyingSquirrel =)
bubbavic

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:28 pm

d6 wrote:Cryptofishist:

what is this "compassion" thing of which you speak?

Oh, so sorry. You just failed the Turing Test.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby Irreverent Moniker » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:14 am

Sweet, our little patch of playa is green!
Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and warriors.
Irreverent Moniker

PreviousNext

Return to Leave No Trace