Musical dancing robot

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Musical dancing robot

Postby wugwug » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Hey Everyone,

My name is Spiff and my project for this year was a musical dancing robot. I performed each night at the base of the man for 2-3 hours each night. If anyone saw me and took any pictures please let me know and send them to me if you can, I would like to put together a catalog of robot pictures. Also, if anyone can help me get in contact with starfucks, I would appreciate it. Someone from their camp approached me about the robot and wanted to meet up off playa to discuss it but I lost his card. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all!

Re: Musical dancing robot

Postby brotherdisco » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:58 pm

You were the best thing I saw at Burning Man. No word of a lie as I really loved your vibe!

My name is Andy Benke and I am a dj from Australia. My girlfriend and I are soon starting a DJ Duo called Pablo Escobars' Disco Robot and your Robot was exactly what I had in mind for our logo!

I have loads of footage on my camera of you. Your small yet simple dance moves were AWESOME!

Please add me on FB or email me your det's.

I'd be only too happy to send what I got.

Postby bellyfish » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:02 am

You were the best thing out on the Playa this year! My friends and I saw you Wednesday night at the Man and there was a song you played that we are dying to find so that we can recreate the experience as best we can here at home! We want to blow up a photo of you and dance w you to your tunes!! Where can I send you the photo we have of you? I tried to hit Img above here, but that didn't work...
Is there a way you could send us some tunes from your track?? One specifically I remember, it lasted for what seemed like 10 minutes, very transical and rolly....
Thanks Spiff!
~SH, Double Spoon, & Ro

Postby alisonsemail » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:12 am

I'm sitting next to my Playa romance now and he's found the footage we took of you Weds night. It needs to be flipped and tweaked. You made me sooooooooooo happy. You were one of my absolute favorites. Don't you's comin. We won't forget you!
Alison Gladieux,
find me on facebook :)

Postby RedHeaven » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Heres my pics from Facebook and you are in the album, 2 pics. This is the quick version, I can send them to your email soon. I see my friend Robin has a pic of you using a flash thats really cool and its her profile photo on FB so I will let her know that you want copies. Gimme a bit more time, Im a little slackery. ;) ... f9f&type=1
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche

Postby Presto » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:37 am

Wow. I just wanted to let you know that you totally made my night, on Thursday/Friday as we were wandering through the base of the man.
When you get some video please please send out an update with links so I can watch you again :)
And thanks for sharing!

Return to Experiences at Burning Man