post what you didn't like about 2011 here

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Re: post what you didn't like about 2011 here

Postby Elderberry » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:43 pm

Hey, you only have yourself to blame for that one! :) it was the wrong head doing the considering! :shock:

DrYes wrote:I didn't like snorting pixie dust (literally, that sugary stuff that comes out of the pixie sticks you probably had as a kid) off some random girls lovely, decorated breast. That -hurt- and fucked up my nose for the next day. Didn't consider how much citric acid is in it before saying YES.

--Dr. Yes.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Drawingablank » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:57 pm

DrYes wrote:I didn't like snorting pixie dust (literally, that sugary stuff that comes out of the pixie sticks you probably had as a kid) off some random girls lovely, decorated breast. That -hurt- and fucked up my nose for the next day. Didn't consider how much citric acid is in it before saying YES.

--Dr. Yes.

Hmm when I see powdered sugar on a breast, snorting it is not exactly the first thing that comes to mind - just sayin.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Nipple » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:08 pm

Last night I loaded the last of the bins and the hexayurt into the basement.

I got some dust in my eye or something. :(
Nipple

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:56 am

And why is it the young men? Are the young unprepared young girls considered to be acceptable since some creepy old man will swoop them up and take care of them all week?

yes, now shut the fuck up young hippy.
"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Roberto Dobbisano wrote:
And why is it the young men? Are the young unprepared young girls considered to be acceptable since some creepy old man will swoop them up and take care of them all week?

Some of us dirty old men even take care of the unprepared young men. I'm just nice that way...
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby ygmir » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Eric wrote:
Roberto Dobbisano wrote:

Some of us dirty old men even take care of the unprepared young men. I'm just nice that way...

that's Eric.....always the giver...........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby jodyNcolumbus » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:36 pm

I have been 3 times, and the first 2 times I was hesitant to leave, this time was the opposite. Maybe I've gotten my fill. I have this sense that now that it became a sold out event, next year's ticket sales are going to be a fiasco. I realize I am a relative newbie, but I just feel like BM is now the "hot ticket" and it may change the makeup of the whole event. (I realize people have been saying the same thing for 25 years.)
"You don't go to Burning Man because you want to go, You go because you have to go."
jodyNcolumbus

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:59 pm

ygmir wrote:
Eric wrote:

I'm sure he's the taker every now and then.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:08 pm

junglesmacks wrote:
ygmir wrote:
Eric wrote:

I'm sure he's the taker every now and then.

Taking is greedy, it's better to give...
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:25 pm

jodyNcolumbus wrote:I have this sense that now that it became a sold out event, next year's ticket sales are going to be a fiasco. I realize I am a relative newbie, but I just feel like BM is now the "hot ticket" and it may change the makeup of the whole event.

Remember, it took six months to sell out. Also, it's not clear what the upshot of the population discussions between BLM and the LLC will be, but last year was the first in which the cap was not raised from the previous year's. So, I am reluctant to decide that I really have any insight into what will happen to ticket sales next year.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Postby Parasitoid » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:16 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
jodyNcolumbus wrote:I have this sense that now that it became a sold out event, next year's ticket sales are going to be a fiasco. I realize I am a relative newbie, but I just feel like BM is now the "hot ticket" and it may change the makeup of the whole event.

Remember, it took six months to sell out. Also, it's not clear what the upshot of the population discussions between BLM and the LLC will be, but last year was the first in which the cap was not raised from the previous year's. So, I am reluctant to decide that I really have any insight into what will happen to ticket sales next year.

That is a really interesting way to say "I dont know" :D :lol:
Parasitoid

Postby jodyNcolumbus » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:23 am

theCryptofishist wrote:

It did take 6 months to sell out, but the 2011 first day sales were definitely more frenzied and lower tiers sold out more quickly than in the previous years. Although I "don't know" either, I am making a guess that folks that waited last year will be in on the initial sales this year which could make it even more backed up than it was last year.

I am just talking about online sales, since I don't live near a city that sells them in person. I suppose having ticket outlets provide a way to avoid the online fiasco.
"You don't go to Burning Man because you want to go, You go because you have to go."
jodyNcolumbus

Postby junglesmacks » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:32 am

Parasitoid wrote:
That is a really interesting way to say "I dont know" :D :lol:

That's because those 3 little words in that combination do not exist in Fishy's vocabulary..
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Elderberry » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:33 am

jodyNcolumbus wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:

It did take 6 months to sell out, but the 2011 first day sales were definitely more frenzied and lower tiers sold out more quickly than in the previous years. Although I "don't know" either, I am making a guess that folks that waited last year will be in on the initial sales this year which could make it even more backed up than it was last year.

I am just talking about online sales, since I don't live near a city that sells them in person. I suppose having ticket outlets provide a way to avoid the online fiasco.

No they won't. Has something to do with leopards and spots, but I'll leave that up to you to figure out.
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Postby A Jester » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:28 am

Is it that it's hard to find a leopard because they have spots?
ZaphodBurner wrote:
The difference between buying a ticket from a scalper and prostituting yourself for one is, if you suck dick for a ticket and brag about it, burners will still respect you.
A Jester

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:00 pm

"One, two, three, where's your breakfast?"
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Postby curiousgnate » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:55 pm

prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Creating Peace Through Anarchy Every Day!!! Stagger for life!
curiousgnate

Postby moonrise » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:24 am

Parasitoid wrote:My best friend (and wife) broke her leg in five places by tipping over on her bike (sober) on tuesday just before noon.

Most of our time was spent in Reno Renown hospital this year :-\...

But she got really great treatment both on and off the playa, will make a full recovery, is looking forward to next year.

She did manage to come back for Friday through the end of the burn despite just getting 13 screws and a metal plate in her leg. I thought that was pretty badass.

But ya... it was a bummer for sure and not exactly the best burn ever for us this year.

Sorry to hear this....I hope she's doing well.
Next year was better, hope to see you both there!!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby Sail Man » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:52 pm

jodyNcolumbus wrote:Also, I know this is probably my own issue, but why don't West Coast people know where Ohio is? I am pretty sure everyone in Ohio knows where California is. (People - it is the fictitious location of GLEE!) I had one guy guessing my state - here are the hints: Below Michigan - it has 4 letters - First and last letters are the same - has HI in the middle. And he STILL did not get it! OMG - I will say it had to be the alcohol because it was stunning to me that he couldn't guess it!

Heh heh heh, Ohio, Michigan's basement :P

But seriously, as AntiM mentioned, Hocking Hills.....beautiful!
Put-in-Bay: A drinking Island with a boating problem
Cedar Point
the giant flea market down by Dayton
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby Elderberry » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Speaking of GLEE:
Q: "What's the capital of Ohio?"
A: "O"
JK
Elderberry

Previous

Return to Experiences at Burning Man