I was assaulted at Burning Man

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Re: I was assaulted at Burning Man

Postby Isotopia » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:42 pm

Certainly not black rock rangers. Most burners are lovers not fighters despite their angry anonymous posts.

Why don't you go fuck yourself you hypercritical piece of shit.
Isotopia

Postby graidawg » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:02 am

I have read more than a few posts about Brits being arseholes at BM (and sadly pretty much everywhere else). the ones i have been in communication with are not. however i guess that the bad apples just dont come on here and advertise it.
I had an idea before i came to BM, inspired by Dr Pyro to be honest, there are a few brits on here who have been and proved they are "real burners" in that we want to participate and add to the joy of BM not subtract, how about the known british (and welsh) burners offer to vet those who want to come, or at lest those who want to join a camp or whatever. I spent a lot of time preburn trying to help a few brits who thought i knew what i was doing on what to do what you need or at least where to look/who to ask. Now i have been i feel i can offer better adviceto newbies wanting to come and I am more than willing to help 'vet' people who may want to join your camp. I would enjoy suggesting to people where they may want to be to get the most of what they want from BM. the 2 people who came to BM and stayed at BDC with us had a great time but they came for very different reasons from me, I wonder if they had better advice would they of enjoyed themselves even more?
also if they get a bit more infomation things like the dickhead who caused the incedent that started this thread would be a bit more clued up?
Us brits are definately of 2 different types abroad - either cool fun guys and girls with great accents who you amercans want to adopt or assholes you want to bury in a shallow playa grave just outside the trash fence (that way its not moop).
I for one would like to try and educate the latter into the former or convince them BM isnt the place for them (ibiza is a lot cheaper dude and you can find music you will like)

Op sorry to about what happenned to you, I like to think if i had been then i would of tryed to keep the ass there till he learned about consequences.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby Cheyenne » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:19 am

Most burners are lovers not fighters despite their angry anonymous posts.

But by the tone of the majority of your posts, you really don't reflect this particular demographic do you? Get a perspective and stop trolling for no fucking reason.

And I would be quite happy sitting you down in person and pointing out the downright negative bullshit you have spouted in your posts which do not contribute constructively to a debate...

PS - Graidawg - me x 100

PPS - do you know about burning pub? They meet once a month in London :)

Go Tigers!
Cheyenne

Postby wedeliver » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:09 am

ygmir wrote:............well said, IBD.
yeah, I may be a frail fellow, but, I'll jump, because, I know folks would follow....and, if they don't, their just fuckwits anyway............

And, BBS: You are so right on.........
I just call them "Jackals".........

Although I have never had the pleasure, I think you and others on this board would get involved in a situation like discribed above, not because you think others will follow you, but just because it is the right thing to do.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby Dewb » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:27 pm

Miles wrote:Hi Spiff. That fucking sucks. I think I met you at the reddit meetup Wednesday....did your costume include a Korg Monotron that I asked you about? I was the guy who brought homemade pickles.

Hey Miles, nope -- that was me in the musical robot suit at the reddit event. Sounds like Spiff's costume was more elaborate.

Spiff, I'm really sorry that happened to you. I wish I could have seen one of your performances, it sounds right up my alley. If this incident hasn't harmed your enthusiasm for the project, I hope I can catch one in the future. (Maybe we could have a musical robot meet n' greet; I think one of my campmates got the contact info for the Robox striped cardboard-box robot guy.) If it has, well, I'm game to ditch the musical angle and join an armed roving robot enforcement squad.

I've heard about a few incidents outside of BM, primarily with sports team mascots, where drunk idiots somehow get the idea that tackling someone in a large costume is something that they can do safely for a laugh. They'd never do it to a person in regular clothes, but they imagine the suit gives the wearer the protection of football pads and the tumbling skillset of a Hollywood stuntman. Maybe some "don't fuck with people in enclosed costumes, they're not armor" education is called for in addition to the general assault awareness you're creditably promoting.
Dewb

Postby I11I1II1 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:34 pm

I didn't see any negativity the whole time that I was there. I'm sorry to hear about Spiff.
I11I1II1

Postby A Jester » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:48 pm

Any developments, Spiff?
ZaphodBurner wrote:
The difference between buying a ticket from a scalper and prostituting yourself for one is, if you suck dick for a ticket and brag about it, burners will still respect you.
A Jester

Postby wugwug » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:45 am

Thank you everyone for your responses, I've gained a lot of perspective.

I would like to send a message to the group of people involved in the assault:

I would love to get in contact with you to bring closure to this whole thing. I'm not interested in retaliation but it would mean a lot to me to just talk to you and discuss what happened. I know you must feel guilty. I imagine that this event has been hanging over your heads at least a little bit. I'm offering you a chance to resolve that guilt and put this whole thing to rest.

I'm sorry for getting so upset and screaming at you. My reaction was understandable given the circumstances but I'm still not proud of it. I wish that I had made myself more accessible so that you could have felt comfortable handling the situation with me instead of walking away. I just needed to know why you did it. I still need to know. I'm not looking for an excuse, just an explanation. I've made plenty of bad decisions in my life and I don't hold others to higher standards than I hold myself. We all make bad decisions and we have to work together to get through them.

I'm offering you a chance to make this right. I just want to talk. Just send me a private message, I promise that you won't regret it.
wugwug

Postby Homiesinheaven » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:06 pm

dang, sorry to hear about all this Spiff!

i hope you can continue with your performance in the future. it sounds like it brings people a lot of joy and i would love to see it next year! i'm sure that you'll be much safer if you continue to perform at The Man or near Rangers or people that can dial in for help. if not, we all got your back Spiff!
Homiesinheaven

Burning Since: 2008

Postby remotecontrol » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:02 pm

Isotopia wrote:
Certainly not black rock rangers. Most burners are lovers not fighters despite their angry anonymous posts.

Why don't you go fuck yourself you hypercritical piece of shit.

Went looking for the ignore button (iclimb) and found this instead: "The requested user does not exist."

Hopefully this means what I think this means, although the dickweed will most likely register another account.

Isotopia, if its humanly possible for me to ignore the (thankfully few) trolls on eplaya you can too :D
remotecontrol

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:49 pm

I am speechless...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby robox » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:33 am

Dewb wrote:Spiff, I'm really sorry that happened to you. I wish I could have seen one of your performances, it sounds right up my alley. If this incident hasn't harmed your enthusiasm for the project, I hope I can catch one in the future. (Maybe we could have a musical robot meet n' greet; I think one of my campmates got the contact info for the Robox striped cardboard-box robot guy.) If it has, well, I'm game to ditch the musical angle and join an armed roving robot enforcement squad.

Robox does not approve of robot related hate crimes. =|
~ First Hug Is Always On The House
http://www.facebook.com/HelloRobox
robox

Postby wugwug » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:37 am

Hey I remember you! Our robots definitely need to meet up, whether it's at Burning Man or elsewhere. I'm currently upgrading my bot and also struggling to get a ticket (you know how it's been) but if we're both out there this year I'd love to hang out!
wugwug

Postby robox » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:54 pm

My next version is going to be furry. :mrgreen: hopefully the ticket situation will resolve.
~ First Hug Is Always On The House
http://www.facebook.com/HelloRobox
robox

Previous

Return to Experiences at Burning Man