Elevated Uranium Levels in Black Rock Desert

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Postby Dr Jet Sinister » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:17 am

EspressoDude wrote:Ff: you may get a lot of takers if you adjust the shape of the red cap to something phallic that you can roll comdoms onto...====> ~ ~

Isn't it already phallic?
Suck it. -PlayaWaste Raiders
"They're like a bunch of Honey Badgers in a sea of hippies." -Goathead
Dr Jet Sinister

Postby Foxfur » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:28 am

Dr Jet Sinister wrote:
EspressoDude wrote:Ff: you may get a lot of takers if you adjust the shape of the red cap to something phallic that you can roll comdoms onto...====> ~ ~

The phrase "Gaping Sigmoidoscopy" scares the customers, every time... :shock:
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Camp Foxfur @ 2:45 & C

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:29 am

Foxfur wrote:
Dr Jet Sinister wrote:

The phrase "Gaping Sigmoidoscopy" scares the customers, every time... :shock:

That was pretty much the premise behind the Friday the 13th movies.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Re: Elevated Uranium Levels in Black Rock Desert

Postby shimmentakezo » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:04 am

I must say, all this knowledge of uranium and RADS has got my gears a churnin'. I'm from way out east in kentucky where most people die from tobacco and booze, not any kind of radiation. As far as I am aware.

I'd be more worried and inclined to tell everyone how evil flouride is. Talk about a totally useless, suspicious chemical they put in the tap almost everywhere. And there have been smaller communities around the states who have demanded it to be removed so you know it can't be a totally moot point to try and not consume the stuff. Very awkward interviews are available online with reps. who control the usage of this chemical, mainly the ADA. And it is so freaking bizzare to see pro ADA and anti ADA sites (pro flouride/anti flouride). They act so suspicious they basically give themselves away despite the words that come out of their mouth.

I mean realistically I guess if you've been drinking it your entire life it won't make too much difference in the long run. It seems to depend on inner strength and how one consumes the right things that are proven to be anti-carcinogenic and so on.

I like to be healthy! It runs through my blood, but guess what? We all die and our bodies return to the source after awhile. So isn't it better to just have fun or at least minimize paranoia/negative thoughts?
shimmentakezo

Postby shimmentakezo » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:06 am

Oh, and they die from pills too. A lot. And mixing booze and pillz is so freakin dangerous. swim can't stand the buzz personally. >_>
shimmentakezo

Postby illy dilly » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:14 pm

shimmentakezo wrote:I must say, all this knowledge of uranium and RADS has got my gears a churnin'. I'm from way out east in kentucky where most people die from tobacco and booze, not any kind of radiation. As far as I am aware.

I'd be more worried and inclined to tell everyone how evil flouride is. Talk about a totally useless, suspicious chemical they put in the tap almost everywhere. And there have been smaller communities around the states who have demanded it to be removed so you know it can't be a totally moot point to try and not consume the stuff. Very awkward interviews are available online with reps. who control the usage of this chemical, mainly the ADA. And it is so freaking bizzare to see pro ADA and anti ADA sites (pro flouride/anti flouride). They act so suspicious they basically give themselves away despite the words that come out of their mouth.

I mean realistically I guess if you've been drinking it your entire life it won't make too much difference in the long run. It seems to depend on inner strength and how one consumes the right things that are proven to be anti-carcinogenic and so on.

I like to be healthy! It runs through my blood, but guess what? We all die and our bodies return to the source after awhile. So isn't it better to just have fun or at least minimize paranoia/negative thoughts?

A tid bit of info on the subject, not that I claim to be 100% correct or an expert in the matter.
Living in CO you go to a tour of East High School at some point while you're in elementary school.
The school is old as shit! And they have a part of it closed off as a 'museum' and it is rarely ever cleaned or touched. There also used to be a portion of the CO history Museum that was set up like an old Gold Rush Era class room.
One thing they talk about is that mountain snow melt water has high levels of naturally occurring Fluoride. And way back in the early 1900's kids that grew up in CO had brown spots on their teeth but almost no cavities.
They later figured out it was the fluoride that was naturally in the water- so they started adding fluoride to most municipal water.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby wedeliver » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:40 am

Has anyone pointed out that beer protects against radiation! Have you ever heard of a drunk dieing of radiation posioning? Good enough proof for me!
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Burning Since: 1998

Postby ygmir » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:45 am

it's pearls of wisdom like that, that gives me hope for humanity.

Thanks

WD
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Re:

Postby paspoil » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:22 am

[quote="Foxfur"]That cursed talisman may give you an STD like chalcedony. After that tuff schist!
Good luck...
Thanks ! I'll come visit you : )
I believe it's good to know if black rocks are good to wear or not since it's worn so close to thyroid gland......
paspoil

Postby Z. Burgermeister » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:17 pm

uranium is good for you. Suck it up princess.
We're gonna take the "Physical Challenge".
Z. Burgermeister

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:22 pm

+ U-235
"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby ygmir » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:54 pm

Roberto Dobbisano wrote:+ U-235

well, yes. I've lost 15 lbs. so far...........thanks for noticing.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Re:

Postby Here and there » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:00 pm

jkisha wrote:Additionally, the government is issuing permits for the event, and if it were that dangerous, I wouldn't think they would issue an event permit for 60,000 people. It could open them up to a huge lawsuit, I would think.

JK

Nope. Sovereign immunity. Suing the federal government and collecting damages is fairly close to being impossible. Sad, but true.
When in doubt, hit the ignore key. You'll seldom miss anything worth reading, and your blood pressure will thank you.

My Homepage: Torchlight
Other Pages: My Foes List
Here and there

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:28 am

ygmir wrote:
Roberto Dobbisano wrote:+ U-235

well, yes. I've lost 15 lbs. so far...........thanks for noticing.

*laughs so hard she almost pops out of the bowl*
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:33 am

Ask your doctor if Pu is right for you!

(A service announcement from the Apokiliptika Plutonium Council)
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Re: Elevated Uranium Levels Call for Some Creative Thinking

Postby Bob » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:55 pm

I'll take my yellowcake gluten-free, please.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Previous

Return to Experiences at Burning Man