NA meeting at burningman

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Postby lambert13 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:58 am

2011 will be my virgin year and at that point I will be 15 years and change sober.

I have not been to a meeting in many years and probably will not on the playa either. But, it is great to know the support is there if I or others need it.
It's pointless to walk when it's past time to run.
lambert13

Postby tamarakay » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi casanova. This will be my first burn and i've been clean and sober since 2/3/88. husband coming with me and he's sober since 8/90.
Congrats on your sobriety! Every day is a gift. I'm not sure if I could have exposed myself to the burningman environment in my early early sobriety, but if you stick with your meetings and do your steps you will be almost a whole year clean by burn time! Work HARD on your steps, work HARD on understanding what triggers you, take advantage of all the help you've been offered on here, find your meetings. Good luck to you and consider yourself hugged. If you need to chat, feel free to contact me.

Remember, life gets better and better in sobriety. But first it gets weird and awkward. Hang in there, its so very worth it.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby Isotopia » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:40 pm

I hear that Burningman is a FANASTIC place to test your sobriety and fail miserably.

I've also heard that Burningman is a FANTASTIC place for sober people to meet lots of other people and have a grand time.

Question seems - so I've heard - is whether one really wants to go to BM in order to integrate their sober selves into a challenging social situation and come away unscathed or... go to BM with the full intention of sabotaging their sobriety and once again end up reduced to ashes.

Commentary is a moot point.

There's only one person that can answer the question.
Isotopia

Re: NA meeting at burningman

Postby *Ginger* » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:33 pm

I haven't seen any meetings in the PlayaEvents yet.. anyone planning on hosting one?
<3 ginger
*Ginger*

Postby goathead » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:38 pm

I am sure there will be, just a little early yet.
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu

It will be some sort of incredible over-worded hippie prattle, attempting to disguise the
Eternal Theme
Burn Shit And Blow Shit Up. Eric
goathead

Postby bigbluedoggy » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:38 pm

Most of the sober camps have meetings at regular times each day. I believe Hokey Pokey has at least one at 5:00pm daily. All you need do is stop by if you don't find them in the WWW guide, and find out what time they will be. Frankly, you can usually have a meeting anytime you want in a sober camp, as there will almost always be someone there to chat with if you are in need.
If everyone is special... no one is.

I do believe I will go to Burning Man...
bigbluedoggy

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge

Postby jkisha » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:50 pm

*Ginger* wrote:I haven't seen any meetings in the PlayaEvents yet.. anyone planning on hosting one?
I know Camp Stella will be there for sure. They hold daily meetings.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Sanddog42 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:04 pm

Camp Stella will have a meeting every day at 3pm.

Anonymous Village also has all types of meetings every day, but I'm not sure whether they determine their schedule ahead of time or leave it fluid until the first day of the event.
Sanddog42

Previous

Return to Experiences at Burning Man