NA meeting at burningman

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

NA meeting at burningman

Postby Casanova » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:32 pm

So I have been going to NA, AA, and MA meetings and I was just wondering if anyone has heard of meetings out on the playa.. My girlfriends says I shouldn't even go if u don't want to be around people that are getting fucked up cuz she thinks everyone that goes to BM gets fucked up.. But I don't think that is true. I like being out there and want to go even though I will be sober I believe I will still have fun.. And better yet, remember everything
Casanova

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Hellfire Society

Postby Elderberry » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:37 pm

Yup there are several groups out there and you can even get a Burning Man Chip!

The gay one that has been on playa for years is Camp Stella. But there are lots of straight ones too. Stella is primarily an AA group, but NA (Narcotics) and NA (Nicotine) also go to their meetings. That's how I know about them, my partner quit smoking with NA and got a BM chip there several years ago.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Hokey Pokey _______ is also AA.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby junglesmacks » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:15 pm

Wait, does your NA meeting leader know about you munching on that blotter a couple of months ago and thinking you saw "the gates of hell" at some crazy "art festival" in the desert?

viewtopic.php?p=605680&highlight=#605680
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby moonrise » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:38 pm

:shock:

I................

...............MA?

(JS, the BM detective, hahaha)
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby curiousgnate » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:40 pm

there are lots of groups out there, and there are multiple meetings daily. there are plenty of sober people out there and most of the not so sober people will respect your decision!
Creating Peace Through Anarchy Every Day!!! Stagger for life!
curiousgnate

Postby bigbluedoggy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:56 am

There is actually a lot of long term sobriety on the playa and lots of places to go if you find yourself in trouble. Even a lot of people who normally party heavy seem to prefer going clean on the playa just because you miss so much being wasted the whole time you're there. Me? 24+ years. Hokey Pokey is always a neighbor and Marvo and his folks are incredible! They make me look like a newbie!
Don't go complicating my reality with facts.

Destiny Lounge Returns for 2015 at Ballyhoo and 3:45! Are you ready for... The Vortex of Destiny?!?!
bigbluedoggy

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge

Postby Sham » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:33 am

You may want to join Old, Naked and Unattractive Sobriety Camp. They would love to have you there!
Sham

Postby moonrise » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:02 am

How DOES he do it? hahahaaaaa....dude.....maybe focusing on something creative.....start a thread asking for help with an ROP themed idea, even if it's just a new mindset ~~ 8) ~~ <---- be kewl ROP for you=growing up, puberty?

Don't they finger paint or something wherever you are (locked up) living? huh?

What is MA anway? I hope I'm not feedin' a troll but I wanna know, no google bs Monkey's Annonymous? Eh? Spill it____________________

This was the best place I could find to practice my tiny text, hahaha
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby brushfire on the playa » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:50 am

junglesmacks wrote:Wait, does your NA meeting leader know about you munching on that blotter a couple of months ago and thinking you saw "the gates of hell" at some crazy "art festival" in the desert?

I was thinking the same thing when I read this! - "Isn't this the same Casanova who posted about his insane acid trip and being afraid of seeing old, ugly, naked men on the playa?" What is he, sober and part of NA or is he having bad acid trips in the desert amongst the naked men? :wink:
Casanova needs to get his stories straight!
i'm on the playa, bitch!

bigger and better next year, every year...
brushfire on the playa

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Miso Horny

Postby Fire_Moose » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:55 am

Are there any SA camps?
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby curiousgnate » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:01 am

goddammit! why do i go on here when i am wasted. acid is a drug mkay. and fuck you Cassanova (like you are really that smooth)! i try and be nice here but goddammit now i know why the snark flows like the spice.
Creating Peace Through Anarchy Every Day!!! Stagger for life!
curiousgnate

Postby Elderberry » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:22 am

brushfire on the playa wrote:
junglesmacks wrote:Wait, does your NA meeting leader know about you munching on that blotter a couple of months ago and thinking you saw "the gates of hell" at some crazy "art festival" in the desert?

I was thinking the same thing when I read this! - "Isn't this the same Casanova who posted about his insane acid trip and being afraid of seeing old, ugly, naked men on the playa?" What is he, sober and part of NA or is he having bad acid trips in the desert amongst the naked men? :wink:
Casanova needs to get his stories straight!

I thought that too...and went back and read his other threads. It's possible that he has decided to go clean and sober after the burn? His grammar and use of tense are a bit off; whether it's because he 'forgot' what he wrote in some other posts and has been posting a lot of BS; or he just doesn't know how to write proper English--well, I'll leave that for all of you to determine for yourselves.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby lucky420 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:33 am

fuck maybe he is just now going sober, whatever...and Casanova if you are, good luck to you and hope you make it
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:03 am

I'll bet it's difficult, what with everyone shoving a drink in your face.
At least, as a normy, that's how it seemed to me. :)
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Casanova » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:11 am

moonrise wrote:How DOES he do it? hahahaaaaa....dude.....maybe focusing on something creative.....start a thread asking for help with an ROP themed idea, even if it's just a new mindset ~~ 8) ~~ <---- be kewl ROP for you=growing up, puberty?

Don't they finger paint or something wherever you are (locked up) living? huh?

What is MA anway? I hope I'm not feedin' a troll but I wanna know, no google bs Monkey's Annonymous? Eh? Spill it____________________

This was the best place I could find to practice my tiny text, hahaha

MA = Marijuainas Anoynomus

yea I spelled it wrong who fucken cares u know what mean.. Yea I am sober now thanks fer the support
Casanova

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Hellfire Society

Postby Homiesinheaven » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:01 pm

good for you for getting sober. you dont have to see the gates of hell to enjoy it and there is support from lot's of others who dont do drugs. :)
Homiesinheaven

Burning Since: 2008

Postby moonrise » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:45 pm

Fire_Moose wrote:Are there any SA camps?

What the F is that FM? SA? (nts~do I want to know?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll give Casanova the benefit of the doubt but sheesh, the titles and such...I cannot be your go to guy or advisor or whatever it is called unless you're trying to kick ice cream..and holy crap they even that out there! It's everywhere! Help me!
moonrise

Postby Fire_Moose » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:51 pm

Sexaholics anonymous.
Fire_Moose

Postby delle » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:22 am

Sure does learn one some to read these threads thru to the end.

I just presumed that MA catered to chronic masturbators.... which gave me a little "Aha!!!" moment when married with the Fugly Nudies thread. Wouldn't want to exacerbate an existing problem with a whole new penchant for those previously on the prohibited list!!!

Happy trails on this new road you've chosen, dude. May it open a whole new joyous world for you!! (give it time.... old habits die hard. what you replace it with can be just as sweet as your sweetest high -- without kicking you in the groin on the downside. you'll find it.)
Worry is a misuse of imagination
delle

Postby mournlight » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:06 pm

I stayed w/ one of the sober camps. Meetings every couple of hrs, great group of people. I had a ball and a safe time, too. And I met a ton of people out on the playa who were totally sober and not in a 12 steppin' program - that's the great thing about BM: you will find whatever you seek. Cheesy but true! I didn't know anyone ahead of time, and had a terrific time. I'm already planning for 2011!
~Having fun preparing for a creative world~
mournlight

Postby Fire_Moose » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:41 am

mournlight wrote:I stayed w/ one of the sober camps. Meetings every couple of hrs, great group of people. I had a ball and a safe time, too. And I met a ton of people out on the playa who were totally sober and not in a 12 steppin' program - that's the great thing about BM: you will find whatever you seek. Cheesy but true! I didn't know anyone ahead of time, and had a terrific time. I'm already planning for 2011!

True dat, I found my midget tranny in no time.
Fire_Moose

Postby Snow » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:12 am

NA is for quiters
"Art Is Not A Mirror, It Is A Hammer" - Jon Griersam
Snow

Postby gaminwench » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:18 pm

2010 was my first 'sober' year on the playa... I'm never a heavy partier, but decided to try a completely 'clean' year - this in a camp of recreational party folk...
No one tried to de-rail my plan... on the playa it's do & let do... wasn't ever tempted in the least, cuz it was MY decision...
You don't really need a program, just the balls to stick with your plan...
BM isn't out to force anything on you (except 24/7 oontz oontz - but that's another thread...)
Good luck... you may actually see those fugly old folks this time around... don't be afraid!!!
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:11 pm

gaminwench wrote:You don't really need a program, just the balls to stick with your plan...

Some people do need a program, and it isn't any of our business to comment on the state or existence of their balls.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby gaminwench » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:59 pm

sorry, what I meant was...
Some people feel that the programs do not serve them, and that it is possible to thoroughly enjoy BRC without additives or meetings, if YOU determine that is your path...
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Postby Snow » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:03 pm

haha nice save!
Snow

Postby Eric » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:29 pm

Fire_Moose wrote:
mournlight wrote:that's the great thing about BM: you will find whatever you seek. Cheesy but true! I didn't know anyone ahead of time, and had a terrific time. I'm already planning for 2011!

True dat, I found my midget tranny in no time.

You know Sabrina? Wow, small world....

Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scammers and Scalpers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Snow » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:21 pm

wow she IS tiny, she's practically swimming in that red X dress
Snow

Postby bluesbob » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:12 am

2010 was my first burn. I have 15 years of sobriety. I stayed at Anonymous Village with 91 other sober people. They have meetings there everyday for every A.
bluesbob

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: AV

Next

Return to Experiences at Burning Man