Police state...

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:30 pm

Everyone knows naked yoga camp is a front for the FBI....duh.
fuck you, it's magic

it's not a fucking festival, it's a PROJECT.

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Savannah » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:54 pm

I am so tired of watching them pose a naked Downward Dog in their little shoulder holsters.
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:59 pm

Yeah, i know! Right? I mean who the fuck wears black socks while doing naked yoga?

Cops or Israelis...
fuck you, it's magic

it's not a fucking festival, it's a PROJECT.

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Savannah » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:02 pm

If they're Israelis, I can deal.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Postby Sic Pup » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:03 pm

You people redefine the term "jaded".

If I'm going to take advice from anyone on that subject, SOP would be the one.
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
Sic Pup

Postby Savannah » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:10 pm

No one's ever called me jaded before!

I don't know whether to argue, or be pleased. :)
Savannah

Postby gyre » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:26 pm

That is so very funny, in so many ways.
gyre

Postby JStep » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:14 am

Casanova wrote::idea: why don't we start a detective camp to figure out where the LEOs are camping and who is undercovers, so we can put them on blast..?

That would be illegal.
~JStep
Nebraska Regional Contact
Tallgrass Burners - The Omaha and Nebraska Area Burning Man Regional Group
http://www.tallgrassburners.com
Email: nebraska [at] burningman.com
JStep

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Sigmund » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:11 am

... So the police officers can play hide & seek, but not the Burners ? Gee, they're no fun. At all.

Ok, another idea : a week-long game called DATE-A-COP. Once you have spotted an undercover cop, you have 'til the end of the festival to date him/her (I hope they are female undercover officers). If you do, let's say you win a prize like... Uh... I don't know but something cool !

That's not illegal, I guess !

(and please NO DATE RAPE. It's illegal, immoral, and police officers deserve our respect, even if they have chosen a funny way to serve the community).
Sigmund

Postby unjonharley » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:45 am

Sigmund wrote:

Ok, another idea : a week-long game called DATE-A-COP. Once you have spotted an undercover cop, you have 'til the end of the festival to date him/her (I hope they are female undercover officers). If you do, let's say you win a prize like... Uh... I don't know but something cool !

Female cops in the US all have extra wide load asses..

It is not a pretty sight.
unjonharley

Postby JStep » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:32 am

I think it'd be more fun to catch their interest and gently hint, without ever stating, that you know where there's a huge drug distribution camp you're planning on stopping at. How it's ultra uber secret and only the burniest burners can get near the place. Always planning on stopping by a little later, maybe tomorrow, maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow morning.... have them following you around and survielling you all week for nothing. Probably end up getting searched on the highway as you leave but man it would be satisfying to know you wasted their precious time for a week while people all around you were doing their thing.
~JStep
JStep

Postby Savannah » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:03 pm

I think it'd be more fun to catch their interest and gently hint, without ever stating, that you know where there's a huge drug distribution camp you're planning on stopping at. How it's ultra uber secret and only the burniest burners can get near the place. Always planning on stopping by a little later, maybe tomorrow, maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow morning.... have them following you around and survielling you all week for nothing. Probably end up getting searched on the highway as you leave but man it would be satisfying to know you wasted their precious time for a week while people all around you were doing their thing.

Amusing, but I do hate being followed. I will adhere to my plan of indignant shrieking when indecent proposals are made. It sends up the alarm to adjacent camps. Hey--it works for prey animals on the plains of Africa.

The Golden-Breasted Starlings quickly raise the alarm and crisis is averted . . . for one more day.
Savannah

Postby Elderberry » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:18 pm

Savannah wrote:

Amusing, but I do hate being followed. I will adhere to my plan of indignant shrieking when indecent proposals are made. It sends up the alarm to adjacent camps. Hey--it works for prey animals on the plains of Africa.

The Golden-Breasted Starlings quickly raise the alarm and crisis is averted . . . for one more day.

And your name is Savanna[h] after all! :D
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Savannah » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:20 pm

I admit: that was part of the fun. :mrgreen:
Savannah

Postby Elderberry » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:20 pm

JStep wrote:I think it'd be more fun to catch their interest and gently hint, without ever stating, that you know where there's a huge drug distribution camp you're planning on stopping at. How it's ultra uber secret and only the burniest burners can get near the place. Always planning on stopping by a little later, maybe tomorrow, maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow morning.... have them following you around and survielling you all week for nothing. Probably end up getting searched on the highway as you leave but man it would be satisfying to know you wasted their precious time for a week while people all around you were doing their thing.

And that also would assume you were planning a completely drug free time on the playa too!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby JStep » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:06 pm

jkisha wrote:
JStep wrote:I think it'd be more fun to catch their interest and gently hint, without ever stating, that you know where there's a huge drug distribution camp you're planning on stopping at. How it's ultra uber secret and only the burniest burners can get near the place. Always planning on stopping by a little later, maybe tomorrow, maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow morning.... have them following you around and survielling you all week for nothing. Probably end up getting searched on the highway as you leave but man it would be satisfying to know you wasted their precious time for a week while people all around you were doing their thing.

And that also would assume you were planning a completely drug free time on the playa too!

Yeah, that's me. Not that I am against drugs, I've done my share (and then some) but these days I'm tested by my employer on a random basis so I keep it legal.
~JStep
JStep

Postby geospyder » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:39 am

Three additions to my Playa clothing this year are a tee-shirt and hat that have "Undercover Police" written on them and a set of balls that when hit together flash red and blue.
You know it's going to be a bad day when you jump out of bed and miss the floor.
geospyder

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Somewhere in Hushville

Previous

Return to Experiences at Burning Man