Thursday Meet and Greet

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Thursday Meet and Greet

Postby Interested bystander » Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:39 am

I'm so glad that Sheri and I attended the Thursday Meet and Greet at Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro. Everyone I met there was really nice and we had a great time both there and later on Friendly Jen's romp. I'm sure a few of you were "beveraged up" enough that you probably won't recognize me next year but I will be looking for all of you and hopefully there will be another meet and greet.

When you talk to people online you always get a mental picture of what they look like, the most surprising to me was Playaquest, for some reason I pictured him to be much older. The least surprising was Zane who had posted his picture several times. A special thanks to Nipples who was the first to greet me after Dr. Pyro, made me feel right at home, and gave me the courage to seek out all the others I could while there. I was very impressed by the friendliness of all the folks there and the ladies in attendance were all beautiful as well as intelligent. And Precipitate, if you bring that bourbon with you again next year I am going to find a glass and have some, I just didn't get the chance this year.

Finally a note about Friendly Jen and the romp. The romp couldn't have been organized by a more perfect person. Jen is indeed friendly, lovely, and one of the sexiest women I've seen lately. Plus she walks really fast. Some of us had to end up riding our bikes just to keep up with her. The rompers turned out to be a small group but really great people and a lot of fun to hang out with. My thanks to Jen, Lydia Love, Desert Pearl, Booker, Jonovision, Stu, and Spokes (I think I got that last one right). I appreciate all of you giving Sheri and I a time we won' t forget Thursday night. If any of you get a chance to hang out with Jonovision and/or Stu do it, they are a great couple of guys and will keep you in stitches.

One final comment. I was really pleased to see that many of the ladies from the e-playa are women of substance, for some reason that surprised me. Next year, fewer clothes.
Interested bystander

Postby herself » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:13 am

hey IB thanks for posting your impressions.
For some reason I was very surprised by Zane,
even though he'd posted some photos of himself.
Online Zane comes across, at least to me, as
a kind of take-no-prisoners gonzo type but in
person he's pretty cuddly! Not that I did any
cuddling w Zane but that's the (surprising)
impression I got. Also I think he looks a little
like Jim Morrison.

I'm sorry I missed the romping as it was my
intent to catch up with you guys at the beaver
contest, but you know how things get off track
sometimes. I agree that Friendly Jen could not
have been a better romp leader, that girl is
fun to be around.

And of course the good doctor was a very
gracious host, especially for those of us, like
myself, who showed up empty handed (extenuating
circumstances: ended up coming in to B.R.C.
via 445 instead of 447, which was very inconvenient
as I'd planned to buy some supplies and gas in
Empire/Gerlach but didn't get the chance).

I'm flirting with the idea of doing an eplaya camp next
year, as there seem to be enough eplayans who are
not totally dedicated to other camps. We'll see.

best to everyone!
harriet
herself

Postby Karma » Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:49 am

The meet and greet was VERY cool .
It was my first one and everyone was exceptionally nice and cordial. Hats off to Dr.Pyro for making me feel right at home in BDC&WB
and for turning me on to a bunch of glow sticks for the ride back to camp.

Nice to put a face and smile to so many names.
I think the posts will be a bit funner to read now.

Hope everyone got home safe and dusty!
Karma.

p.s. I was the tall guy with the Indiana Jones hat feeding Tuaca shots in Dixie cups to anyone I could . lol

P.S.

Postby Karma » Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:52 am

Congratulations to Chloe_Dancer on her wedding!
You could'nt be around her for 5 seconds without cracking a smile.

I Love that in ppl.

K.

Postby MusicVixen » Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:54 am

It was so great meeting many of you Thursday. So nice to put faces to the posts. I'm sorry I wasn't able to meet more of you but there's always next year!! :D
MusicVixen
MusicVixen

Postby herself » Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:10 pm

hey music vixen and karma

Glad to see you guys on the eplaya!

My first year was 2001 and when I got
back I could not WAIT to get on the eplaya
to hang out w other burners. It's good to
see you two enthusiastic newbies hanging
around the board.

I think at the 2004 eplaya party, to be hosted
by the eplaya camp, I hope, we need to have
a line up at some point where names are named
and fingers are pointed, heh heh. Because I ended
up not meeting everyone and now I have to wait
another year. dang. okay well, happy labor day
and best to all, harriet
herself

Postby III » Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:40 pm

>have to wait another year.

really? you can only meet people on the playa? strange new world...
III

Postby Booker » Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:16 pm

>to be hosted by the eplaya camp

OK, my mind is officially boggled. Although the greeter session was such an enormous blast that it's a tempting idea indeed.

>a line up at some point where names are named and fingers are pointed

Maybe a butler who gets the attention of the room, then announces each new arrival. Course serious explosives or something would be required to get anyone's attention over the hubbub.

I thoroughly enjoyed the entire evening, including romping along in Jen's wake afterward. That woman is a force all her own! Thanks all for the pleasant talk and general hugginess. And for the Tuaca (mmmm!) + other yummy stuff. It's a lucky guy who gets to spend good quality time with the likes of Lydia Love & Desert Pearll!
Booker

Postby Lydia Love » Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:27 pm

Thanks Booker and back atcha.

And thank you to EVERYONE who let me fuck with their identities. It may not have been all that fun for all of you, but I sure as hell had a good time and it gave me a good excuse to not be my usual wallflower self (No, really. My fallback position is to be shy.) I got to interact in some way with all of you... and that was really why I did it.

Oh... and may I just say - what a group of rockin hottie freaks.

And the romp was really fun. If anything like it is ever scheduled again I'll tell my husband he can have me back at dawn instead of midnight (what the hell was I thinking?)
Lydia Love

Postby Interested bystander » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:17 pm

The romp was a ton of fun. I forgot to include Yonder Man in our romp group. How could I forget a nice guy like that?
Interested bystander

Fun Fun fun

Postby Borris » Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:40 pm

Well, I can't recall much, mixing wine with Playa Pale Ale (Yummy, thanks RebA) and Bourbon doesn't go well with my non-alcoholic lifestyle.

still had a great time.
I'm sorry for not making it to the romp...

Let's see who I'll remember next year.
Last edited by Borris on Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shit, where was i for the last week... ehm...
Borris

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: DPW

re the romp

Postby chloe_dancer » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:01 am

i wish i had stayed longer for the romp....i made it as far as the quest for martinis at the man then split to find out if my then soon-to-be-hubby was pissed (i told him at 3pm i was going to the bathroom, but i got side tracked and stumbled home at 1am) hope everyone had a good time! lets all meet up at decompression if possible!!!!!
i feel there is an angel in me whom i am constantly shocking
chloe_dancer

Postby eli eli eli » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:10 pm

beautiful people
how fantastic to see you
meeting in the flesh
eli eli eli

Postby desert pearll » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:01 pm

Well I had a hell of a good time...during AND after the party.
It was swell seeing you all again, and a real treat to meet
some of you for the first time.

And thanks you guys...you know who you are....for riding the romp
with me. Pretty damn special, all of ya.

pools of sorrow, waves of joy,
love you,
desert pearll
desert pearll

Postby desert pearll » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:09 pm

But wait there's more....!

After you guys walked me home, my campmate,
who had been waiting for me for hours, decided I needed to
go back out on the town with him. So I did.
And didn't get to sleep till well past sunrise.

And yeah, Booker...I enjoyed the time, too.
and thanks for keeping me upright on those stairs,
among other things.
desert pearll

Postby Zeejay » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:39 pm

I feel like i missed all the fun this year. Must ... See .... Everything!
Maybe next year :D This was my second burn and I diddn't even use
the Eplaya last year.
Zeejay

Postby Zane5100 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:23 am

herself wrote:For some reason I was very surprised by Zane,
even though he'd posted some photos of himself.
Online Zane comes across, at least to me, as
a kind of take-no-prisoners gonzo type but in
person he's pretty cuddly! Not that I did any
cuddling w Zane but that's the (surprising)
impression I got. Also I think he looks a little
like Jim Morrison.

blush
Zane5100

Postby stu » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:39 am

if any of you get a chance to hang out with Jonovision and/or Stu do it, they are a great couple of guys and will keep you in stitches.

Aww, shucks IB, I'm gettin' all teary over here. Thanks.

As for the rest of you, it was great meeting in the flesh and thanks to all of you as well for one of the highlights of my year.

And more thanks to Jen. What a bundle of sexy energy you are. Next time, though, don't forget who's carrying the tequila. It was such a burden making sure it was shared in a suitable manner after we split from you at JOTS.
<i>What's</i> my fucking gift?
stu

Thanx to all

Postby Friendly Jen » Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:37 pm

It was wonderful meetinging everyone at the meet and greet! Hope everyone enjoyed the Jack I brought. Also Thanx everyone for your nice comments, but I think the romp was so great due to everyones FUN energy. I always say it only takes a few positive additudes to make a normal time wonderous. I am still curious what happened to the other half of the group and can only imagine the times they had. Lydia thanx for your help in herding our group of cuddly cats, and that fabulous look on your face at the Observatory! :) I'm glad everyone had fun and look forward to leading another fine romp. Incidentally the group did run into some lovers way out on the playa that were mighty thirsty....hehe...I think we can all figure out what they were up to on that dark night!
Friendly Jen

Postby Lydia Love » Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:44 pm

Jen - you kick ass!

Speaking of ass - that moment of realization at the observatory filled me with this complete sense of absurd and perverse joy. I loved the people who would make such a thing, I loved you for sharing it with me and I really loved my own ass.

What a good night.
Lydia Love

ass and thanks

Postby Yonder Burn » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:56 am

Lydia darling, I thought your ass was beautiful as well, but you wouldn't let me hold it when we were up on the man - :-) hee hee.

Have said it elsewhere but doesn't hurt to say here as well. Thanks for an awesome time on the M&G/FJPR night. You guys rocked. Friendship, sightseeing and lots of kisses and cuddles. Jen did the impossible in in cat herding.

Desert Pearll sweetie - I'm amazed you went out again after I said goodnight to you. You have staying power as well as being a damn nice kisser.

YM
Yonder Burn

Postby JonoVision » Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:32 am

The M&G was a real high point for me too -- I felt a bit like it was a school reunion and I was trying to spot the people I knew oh-so-well but looked so different. Thanks to Doc for hosting, Jen for romping, and everyone else there for being such good company. Hopefully our little cabal will remain though our beloved clunky old eplaya is not the same place it was.

Oh and thanks for the kind words Innocent Bystander. I know you were of two minds about attending and I'm glad you decided to in the end. You and Mrs.Bystander are lovely folks, to be sure.
JonoVision

I couldn't come...

Postby Rian Jackson » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:01 pm

Well, last minute the time for the pyro performers with cirque de flambe was changed. All of a sudden i went from being a mirror slave to a performer, and had to be there right when the meet and greet was starting. If i have a regret about this year's BM, it's not getting out to meet all of you... but i don't do regrets, so next year.

I did, however, get to meet Zane thanks to his months of SHAMELESS camp plugging! See, it works! Thanks!

-the de-virginized
Rian Jackson

Re: I couldn't come...

Postby RebA! » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:08 pm

Rian Jackson wrote:I did, however, get to meet Zane thanks to his months of SHAMELESS camp plugging! See, it works! Thanks!

See now I thought I plugged our camp a ton. yet, We only really had 2 vistors. Booker and Dyna-lite ok.. 4 if you count a drve by, by Tiara and R-pod.

Ya know.. Its not like we were giving away free beer or anything.
"My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We can't decide whether to ruin our carpets or ruin our lives."
--Rita Rudner
RebA!

Postby Lydia Love » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:47 pm

Kicking myself repeatedly...
It's all about the squirrels.
Lydia Love

Postby Ivy » Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:49 pm

Shit, i had to write my own address on myself so i could remember where I was camped, much less attempt to find anybody else...
Ivy

Re: I couldn't come...

Postby Kinetic » Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:08 pm

RebA! wrote:
Rian Jackson wrote:I did, however, get to meet Zane thanks to his months of SHAMELESS camp plugging! See, it works! Thanks!

See now I thought I plugged our camp a ton. yet, We only really had 2 vistors. Booker and Dyna-lite ok.. 4 if you count a drve by, by Tiara and R-pod.

So wait a minute...I had a bottle of playa pale ale that you let me indulge myself with...was I in your camp or R-Pod / Tiara's camp? Now I'm really confused!
Kinetic

Postby RebA! » Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:11 pm

You were at R-pods/Tiaras "Mouth full of playa dust" camp. Cause we (hubby, I and you) walked to Solo Co to go find Ivy. which we never did find.
"My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We can't decide whether to ruin our carpets or ruin our lives."
--Rita Rudner
RebA!

Postby Kinetic » Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:39 pm

Thank you for clearing that up.

Next year, regardless of what everyone has said otherwise, I plan to have the damn prominent event schedule clearly posted inside the "magic box" right as I go out the door so I can't miss it. And I'll keep a working timepiece...or maybe 7 of them so I don't have to leave in 04 kicking myself in the rear for missing things like this.

Oh don't set any expectations, don't overbook...I got to meet some very good people but there are a lot more I missed and wanted to see. Blyslv, Precip, Ivy, Anti-Telephonica....and more.

The one person I met that really inspired me was Playaquest. I run into him by chance while talking with R-Pod and then once again on the playa. Between talking to him there and then seeing his website when I got home, he's got some stories to tell and a lot of experiences I'd like to have. Definitely very interesting.
Kinetic

Postby JezebelinHell » Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:16 am

I was supposed to be at the Meet-and-Greet, but caught a little caught up in that whole Playa Time thing ("Wait, you mean Thursday already happened?") I used to post on here as Datura, but this new board didn't remember me, but still wouldn't let me use the name again. Anyways, sorry I didn't get to meet all you crazy kids. I too had my camp name and address written across my arm in magic marker, since I kept getting lost. Would have been fun to see someone who'd done the same. Anyways, there's always next year.
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Next

Return to Experiences at Burning Man