Toxic Death Clouds @ Burning Man

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Toxic Death Clouds @ Burning Man

Postby taintedbytrolls » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:46 pm

I seriously got a dose of carbon monoxide poisoning from a nasty toxic cloud coming from a gross-polluting mutant vehicle. Disgusting. It made me totally sick and I had to gulp and gasp for fresh air. That is my absolute least favorite thing about Burning Man. Other than that sad fact (which I did not allow to taint my experience in general), I had a fantastic time this year, as always.

Some of those mutants though, are just destroying our health as well as the planet's. Seriously, out of all the shit that gets consumed out there, toxic petroleum clouds are the ABSOLUTE WORST.
taintedbytrolls

Postby thirt33n » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:57 pm

I can always smell "the fish" before i see it. That old dodge van's got a fuel spew somewhere. I LOVE it. partied on that thing many times.
blow.
thirt33n

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:15 pm

Oh come on. 51 weeks a year you're breathing the toxic fumes from the refineries that are really fucking you up. I know they are not responsive, but that's a much more important fight.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby thirt33n » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:22 pm

fishy,
i wish i coulda been there...now the only thing i have to bitch about is all the people bitchin' about stuff.

:shock: 8)
blow.
thirt33n

Postby Mosin » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:36 pm

There was one MV this year that definitely had some engine /tuning/carb (?) problems, resulting in the worst deisel clouds I have ever inhaled on the playa. It was the one-story articulated city bus (not the Purple Palace) that flies the Jolly Roger at the rear, and sports a large el-wire "nose". I'm relatively color blind but I believe it is blue. Anyway, it was nothing that walking quickly in the other direction didn't cure, but I noticed it several times over the week... figuring the owners were well aware of the problem since it would have been impossible not to smell. And on that note, I wonder how many revelers onboard had to jump off to puke every so often?
Come down with fire - Lift my spirit higher -Someone's screaming my name - Come and make me holy again....
Mosin

Burning Since: 2007

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Just remember, people don't buy new cars to make them into mvs.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Mosin » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:53 pm

Who forgot? Obviously the bus I am referring to had a major timing and/or carb/fuel injection problem that made it impossible to stand near the vehicle. We breathe fumes all week long, but this was different. I didn't complain then, nor an I complaining now... just saying that I noticed an MV with serious emissions issues beyond the norm for modified vehicles. As a relatively advanced gearhead I thought of offering my assistance but figured anyone who owned such a large MV that has been to the playa repeatedly must be aware of the situation and/or able to remedy it.
Come down with fire - Lift my spirit higher -Someone's screaming my name - Come and make me holy again....
Mosin

Postby thirt33n » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:03 pm

Mosin-
just remember,...don't forget. mmmm'kay.

:wink: :P
blow.
thirt33n

Postby Mosin » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:04 pm

I won't! 8)
Mosin

Return to Experiences at Burning Man