Branded on Exodus

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Branded on Exodus

Postby teardropper » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:26 pm

In addition to meeting and talking to folks, from all over the world, I saw something that was pretty burny. A guy had a Burning Man brand about 2, 2 1/2 inches high he was walking down the exodus line heating with a propane torch. When he went by he was looking for his 90th brand. We saw 3 get branded, two on the arm and a willing woman on the ass. I refrained.
\^/
/..\ Furthur
teardropper

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Postby Mosin » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:58 pm

If you're gonna get branded, IMHO Exodus is the time to do it. I'm just speculating, but it seems coping with a puss-filled burn wound in the shape of the Man on your ass during a 6-36 hour hot car ride home is easier than coping with a bubbling, frothy, playafied puss-filled burn wound of the Man on your ass during a 6-36 hour hot car ride home, if you knome sayne. :?:
Come down with fire - Lift my spirit higher -Someone's screaming my name - Come and make me holy again....
Mosin

Burning Since: 2007

Damn.....

Postby Yobi Bear » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:37 pm

Oh that's rich.....that's AWEsome.....THAT"S PLAYA!!!!!!Why wasn't I in your line? Because the Playa did not provode. It only provides what u need. Not necessarily what you would be WILD about. Thanks for that!
Don't return to default in the Default World.

Yobi
Yobi Bear

Postby Kinetik V » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:00 pm

Only the second year I don't get to go and I miss out on amateur branding night with the added excitement of no aftercare! That soon to be puss infected brand would be the perfect indelible souvenir of my trip to the playa.

Excuse me for being one of those who would not be so accepting of this playa gift. This is the sort of stuff that gives body modification a bad rep and might even make it into BME Magazine as an example of what not to do!

It never ceases to amaze me how people could be so stupid. Branding is really cool....but only if done properly by an experienced professional or someone operating under the direct supervision of the same. To be duly noted my wife thinks this is cool though....ugh!
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby Mosin » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Kinetic V wrote:Excuse me for being one of those who would not be so accepting of this playa gift. This is the sort of stuff that gives body modification a bad rep and might even make it into BME Magazine as an example of what not to do!

Indeed. The Man will look like an undefined, raised razor wire scar in about 3 months. But oh, the memories!
Come down with fire - Lift my spirit higher -Someone's screaming my name - Come and make me holy again....
Mosin

Burning Since: 2007

Postby K-mom » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:34 pm

I'm holding out until Henry Rollins comes out and does off-road tattooing.
You call it malt liquor, I call it breakfast.
K-mom

Postby Musicman65 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:29 am

I saw a one or two people that had been branded on the arm, and plenty of people with permanent tattoos of the man somewhere on their body. I'm personally not aching for a tattoo any time soon, but this seems more creative, definately in the spirit and a great way to take it home with you. If I saw someone giving them out I know I would have been tempted enough to do it.
Musicman65

Postby trystanthegypsy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:33 am

my friend got this done! brands are actually pretty idiot proof, and as they dont start healing for a few days as long as you leave the scab on you would be pretty ok until defaultia.

as for the final shape? well the brand was properly thin to allow for blowup but we shall have to see!
trystanthegypsy

Postby Miles » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:23 pm

........not a good look IMO
Miles

Postby teardropper » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:36 am

Don't know if I can post a butt on this forum. Not sexual. But he got a nice brand there. He was afraid his iron wasn't hot enough. He had a forge on the playa but ran out of fuel. So he just used a propane torch.
\^/
/..\ Furthur
teardropper

Postby junglesmacks » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:51 am

teardropper wrote:Image

Don't know if I can post a butt on this forum. Not sexual. But he got a nice brand there. He was afraid his iron wasn't hot enough. He had a forge on the playa but ran out of fuel. So he just used a propane torch.

Fkg AWESOME!

*bowing down*
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Sail Man » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:53 am

Maybe only sexual if the Man was sporting a woodie? :lol:

Ummm, personally though, not the gift I would want what with spending 4 days in the truck getting home.
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby sgtcrispy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:47 pm

As a farm boy who helped brand calves as a kid...

That's the dumbest fucking idea ever.
sgtcrispy

Postby teardropper » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:29 pm

You know, I never said I thought it was a good idea. I just saw it. It's something that happened in front of me. I didn't walk away with a brand.

But over 90 people decided it was a good idea.

I wonder how many got home thinking that...
\^/
/..\ Furthur
teardropper

Postby bud buddah » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:38 pm

Shit, sparkle pony camp over at about 5 o'clock and the esplanade had sparkle pony brands all burn long. I had a few photos of my drunk camp mates getting "branded". Some sort of sticky ink and sparkle thing. Woulda been a funny art piece to get the man brand on the pony's back. Or behind the pony, but we won't go there...
Bud
bud buddah

Postby bud buddah » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:38 pm

Shit, sparkle pony camp over at about 5 o'clock and the esplanade had sparkle pony brands all burn long. I had a few photos of my drunk camp mates getting "branded". Some sort of sticky ink and sparkle thing. Woulda been a funny art piece to get the man brand on the pony's back. Or behind the pony, but we won't go there...
Bud
bud buddah

Postby DesertRat » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:36 pm

teardropper wrote:You know, I never said I thought it was a good idea. I just saw it. It's something that happened in front of me. I didn't walk away with a brand.

But over 90 people decided it was a good idea.

I wonder how many got home thinking that...

i don't have a single tattoo -- but I do have a BM brand on my shoulder.

their camp was "Branding and Misinformation" around 5:30 and C

Awesome fellow, 16 yr burner. Is sending the iron to iraq to some of the guys that missed this year. I added a lamplighter charm in for the care package

no regrets here!
DesertRat

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:55 pm

Bump
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Dr Helix » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:14 pm

Okay, here's a tip from an old welder....Don't let anyone burn you!!!!! Sounds good now when your skin is young and supple, but remember, that's a scar you're burning onto yourself. Later on, it's just dead tissue that cracks and bleeds for no reason. Please consider this. I'm not saying you shouldn't....just make sure you know the consequences.
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"
Dr Helix

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Postby teardropper » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:56 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Bump

What'd you bump it for, Fishy? They wouldn't even let the pic of that branded ass stay up. Fuckin' shame.
\^/
/..\ Furthur
teardropper

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:36 am

teardropper wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:Bump

What'd you bump it for, Fishy? They wouldn't even let the pic of that branded ass stay up. Fuckin' shame.

The subject reared its head. I thought it good not to repeat the whole discussion.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby LindseyRaeFace » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:29 pm

sgtcrispy wrote:As a farm boy who helped brand calves as a kid...

That's the dumbest fucking idea ever.

Sgt CRISPY.

Hah-
LindseyRaeFace

Postby teardropper » Thu May 12, 2011 1:20 pm

Yes. There was some interest in branding. This is the image Photobucket wouldn't let me post. Yes, I know it's somewhere else, too. So, brand away. I'm sure she had a nice ride home...

\^/
/..\ Furthur
teardropper

Return to Experiences at Burning Man