trailer crash sunday morning

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

trailer crash sunday morning

Postby gerlachedNloaded » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:32 am

did anyone see that rv pulled by the white truck that flipped over and exploded between gerlach and wadsworth? good god i hope no one was IN said trailer... we say lots of emergency vehicles headed that way after we passed by....
I am HORSE
gerlachedNloaded

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: ShadeWhores

Postby Starman97 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:16 am

We saw the pile of wreckage, glad it was only a trailer, not a full RV.
Some laws actually make sense, such as 'no passengers in trailers'.
Starman97

Postby skeive » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:19 am

There was a tow truck there when we went by. It looked like the pull behind trailer disintegrated but I was not sure whether the truck that was pulling it was damaged. I didn't see any ambulances so hopefully no one was hurt.

Skeive
skeive

Postby kickstart » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:34 pm

passed the wreckage monday morning. Saw a truck in front of it that looked like it could have been the tow vehicle. Group of about 6 people sifting through the pile of metal and ash trying to salvage anything they could.

And a lemonade stand across the street trying to make money...
kickstart

Postby Elliot » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:39 pm

The trailer chassis was still there Tuesday afternoon -- as were the fish-tailing skid marks on the pavement.

I wish there were some way to inform all burners of that particular spot on Hwy 447. That exact spot is Trailer Crash Central. Very steep downhill, and a pretty lake to look at off to the right. Let it roll too fast, glance at the lake,.... In my five years, I seem to remember a clone of that wreck each year.

I do believe in self reliance, but that hill could use a good warning sign at the top. Something like "Frequent Trailer Crash Zone Ahead -- Pay Hecka Attention Going Down This Hill!"
Elliot's Bicycle Service, Camel Saddlery and Beverage Salon 5 & G as before, probably.
Ali Elliot Fy Fasan, proprietor

Caravansary Black Rock 2014

ImageImageImage
Millicent The Bus; pedal-vehicles on Playa and in Kinetic Sculpture Races.
Elliot

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle & Beverage Emporium

Return to Experiences at Burning Man