top douche bags fucktards at BM 2010

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Re: top douche bags fucktards at BM 2010

Postby atomicray » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:15 pm

I hear what everyone is saying and I am logging it all down in my brain pan!

Hopefully any feathers ruffled on anyone's end can settle now :D

The gate and entry sounds like a nightmare. As noted I watched as much as I could...in reality as I am retired military I actually watched more like 12-14hrs on a couple days...and I would most assuredly come as early as possible (hopefully help with setup) and leave as late as possible (hopefully help with teardown).

Watching the playa fill from Monday to Monday night was crazy...and then through the following days was mind boggling...I respect the event and the process.

I was speaking in general and without hands on burning man experience...hopefully the known apple who becomes surly will find something else to do next year? lol

It is all good on my end...I do not like playing the internet boxing game...hugs all around...unless you are a stinky hippie, then you get the water hose!

Cheers all!

Atomic Ray
"Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane."
— H.P. Lovecraft
atomicray

Postby Isotopia » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:50 pm

If the gate is that stressful then something needs to be done...my first thought would be to not put A-type personalities on the gate

Thanks for sharing. Now, would you mind getting back into your fucking car?
Isotopia

Postby atomicray » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:56 pm

Isotopia wrote:
If the gate is that stressful then something needs to be done...my first thought would be to not put A-type personalities on the gate

Thanks for sharing. Now, would you mind getting back into your fucking car?

Hey hey! I have learned that "fuck you" is a term of endearment, with that in mind I welcome your greeting and offer that you also go fuck yourself!

:mrgreen:

This is fun...now if only I had some dust, bacon, cog, and sparkle pickle (which is full of salty glitter) I would be set!
— H.P. Lovecraft
atomicray

Postby ibdave » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:53 am

In Bobs case, it really means get the fuck back into your car......
and a fuck you from Bob is just that...... No "love"... i's a bob thing....

Atom, you seem to worry about a lot of things you have no control over. Stop trying to fix something that ain't broke. To you it's broke, to us it's Burning Man.

Yes room for improvement, but it's burning man.... relax and wait for the tickets and then buy the fucking ticket and come see for yourself... Then your comment form your past will seem silly...... 8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby moonrise » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:49 am

+100

Yep, and expect to get burned or at least suffer one minor injury, it is camping first, safety 3rd afterall...seems you'll assimilate fairly quickly (drinks do help) maybe add a bar to the MV you intend to build :P
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby atomicray » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:02 am

ibdave wrote:Atom, you seem to worry about a lot of things you have no control over. Stop trying to fix something that ain't broke. To you it's broke, to us it's Burning Man.

I can live with that...it is in my nature...natural born troubleshooter and career troubleshooter...can't be helped, but I will do my best to tone it down.

:D
— H.P. Lovecraft
atomicray

Postby atomicray » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:27 am

moonrise wrote:Yep, and expect to get burned or at least suffer one minor injury, it is camping first, safety 3rd afterall...seems you'll assimilate fairly quickly (drinks do help) maybe add a bar to the MV you intend to build :P

Hopefully being a trained desert survival expert/instructor I won't get too burned lol.

As for the bar...I am planning to bring my huge baking oven...making fresh breads throughout the event...most likely the bar will be a more private situation but that said I am considering making a shot machine on my art car (for others not myself as I will be driving lol)...I even have the recipe written and will test it out soon...Volcano Kisses...a blend of white alcohol, carrot juice, coconut water, my signature hot sauce (it is hot but still within the range of tasting good)...I have played around with this before and it is undeniably hot on all fronts...a little bit sweet, salty, then pepper hot, followed by the alcohol heat.

Looking forward to the actual event.

I need to do more research such as within the great arch are there particular zones? Hushville, Kidsville, Red Light, etc. It seems at this point I will most likely be looking to set up camp on the outer edges but I am still looking for a good starting point. And I could see this as another "just go and see for yourself" target, but that is not how I burn :shock:

I am planing to invest quite a bit, bring a handful of people, have a small camp with an art installation, as well as an art car...so please allow me a few questions and considerations.

I respect your choice to thrust yourself forward without any thought if you will allow for my excessive thought processes :D (A hypothetical "you", no targets or even directions)

Cheers all!

Atomic Ray
— H.P. Lovecraft
atomicray

Postby ibdave » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:35 am

atomicray wrote:
ibdave wrote:Atom, you seem to worry about a lot of things you have no control over. Stop trying to fix something that ain't broke. To you it's broke, to us it's Burning Man.

I can live with that...it is in my nature...natural born troubleshooter and career troubleshooter...can't be helped, but I will do my best to tone it down.

:D

Hey atom, thanks for seeing it in this light and not getting all bent... 8)

while your reading this site, look at what the burgins posted about having a bad burn or it didn't "get it"..
If you look back at some, you'll see that they came to BM with EXPECTATIONS. Best plan EVER.
Back in 98 is when the website really started giving good info on what to plan for... I went with no expectations or real working knowledge of the in and outs if the city and just had to let it go.
I to am a troubleshooter guy looking for where it's going to fail or cause me or someone to fix.. BURNING MAN CAN'T BE FIX (to all the new burgins)

if it was fixable then it turns into just another music event. (puke) :roll:

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Postby atomicray » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:52 am

ibdave wrote:
atomicray wrote:
ibdave wrote:Hey atom, thanks for seeing it in this light and not getting all bent... 8)

If you look back at some, you'll see that they came to BM with EXPECTATIONS. Best plan EVER.

Although it may seem differently I am not looking for a fight, not at all...I have a fairly thick skin but I am also not shy about expressing a thought or opinion...I try to mind my Ps and Qs to not step on toes, even hippie toes...I reserve a special hammer to deal with hippie toes :roll:

I have seen some write ups of disappointment and unmet expectations as well as far exceeding expectations.

To be truthful I only expect:

1. to be prepared as much as I can
2. make an art car for me and mine to enjoy...if others appreciate it then that is so much better
3. provide as much comfort as is possible within reason...a retreat that offers a dark, quiet ( :shock: ), and hopefully cool option to rest
4. my art installation to survive the event...at this point I have no intention on burning it as the majority can be reused and has investment value
5. get in and out without serious issue of general health

That is about it.

I want to see as much as I can, spend as much time with family and friends exploring as much as possible, and having a generally good time.

So as long as I can satisfy my inherit preparation needs than I suspect the potential expectation issues will be minor.

I am not seeking to see naked bodies/boobies (but, I will certainly include these on my "hey did you see..." list), get hammered day/night, bother anyone, etc.

I am just from the other side of the tracks I suspect and my drive/methods are different...but I suspect this time next year everyone who is willing to give my processes a chance will see they are for me and my brain; not to insult or pester anyone.

And I will do the same...I am open to consider new things within reason, but I may need to digest the potential a bit more than most...I tend to look at least twice before I jump the first time.

Thanks again for all the constructive input and communication.

Cheers

Atomic Ray
Last edited by atomicray on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
— H.P. Lovecraft
atomicray

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:53 am

ibdave wrote:In Bobs case, it really means get the fuck back into your car......

What's an Iso thing? and how do Bob and Isotopia react when you confuse them with each other?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby ibdave » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:04 am

theCryptofishist wrote:
ibdave wrote:In Bobs case, it really means get the fuck back into your car......

What's an Iso thing? and how do Bob and Isotopia react when you confuse them with each other?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

ibdave

Postby jkisha » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:07 am

Isn't Iso Bob's sock? :shock:
theCryptofishist wrote:

JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Super Evil Brian » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:10 am

I went with few expectations other than the sun will be hot and everything will be dusty. I planned as best as I could and tried to be prepared.

I'm a nit-picker as well but I was mostly too busy getting wrapped up in Black Rock City to notice or care. I had a blast.
"I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway."
Jesus fuckhole, what the fuck was that?
"Playa dust might be the cleanest, most corrosive filth you'll ever love," Savannah said.
Super Evil Brian

Burning Since: 2011

Postby moonrise » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:44 pm

Oh man atomicray, you have HUGE plans, I hope you pull them all off, and thanks for whatever you do bring to the burn. :P

I wonder...would actually meeting an experienced 'burner" through regionals or whatever means you can afford, help you pull off your plans best. Reading can only prepare you so much when you have big plans.

Hmmm, I made sure everyone I closely burned with was burned and or injured, haha, it just fuckin' happens out there (unlesss you hide in an RV, heh heh) and if I didn't burn them (with firedust or whatever) they'd burn me and the injuries are plentiful, so most had that base covered within a day or three... minor injuries count (boo hoo I have a blister type injuries or diaper rash or whatever)
p.s. we don't hit our hippies fyi.

Again, maybe a thread other than top douche bags would be best? Maybe start one titled; My HUGE burngin plans, advice needed please. That would seem happier and more productive to me. Maybe look into an LLC storage container asap and a parking spot in Gerlach for your MV.

Peace (and it's back to the salt mine for me) Moon :wink:
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby lucky420 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:07 pm

reminder * bring fire suit and plenty of bandaids the next time I get to meet moonrise :wink: :lol:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby atomicray » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:54 am

moonrise wrote:Oh man atomicray, you have HUGE plans, I hope you pull them all off, and thanks for whatever you do bring to the burn. :P
I wonder...would actually meeting an experienced 'burner" through regionals or whatever means you can afford, help you pull off your plans best. Reading can only prepare you so much when you have big plans.

Are the plans that large?

Yikes.

I am intrigued by the opportunity to participate in this art city/event. I can see why the sparkle ponies see it as a party but I see it as a huge art camp for adults.

As such I would not consider going without bringing some sort of art piece, something.

Not being a gregarious (which is a funny word, means to prefer being in a herd/crowd lol) type, I do not seek out large groups of people and do not require/desire the contact of the same...the event is a challenge for me. But the rewards to seeing the other art, meeting artists, and experiencing the whole of the event...much like one would when visiting a park, the beach, or other aspect of nature rather than a rave, house party, or other.

The art car will allow me a measure of direction, a mission, and a way to get from A to B in style that is just not available unless in mardi gras or fantasy fest.

The oven will allow me an opportunity to give in a manner that makes sense to my addled brain and the smells of fresh bread uplift the soul of all who partake.

The small forge will present an interesting ability to create small art at nearly no cost yet will have measurable value; depending on the person (recycling drink cans to cast into sand molds of the man or other relevant object...for necklaces, charms, ornaments, etc.)

The art installation is an interesting one. I have a sponsor who was planning to move the art piece to his ranch but after watching the even this year on Ustream we are talking about something else...most likely I will be making a piece for him and his ranch and he will grant some funds to support a more appropriate piece for the event.

Hmmm I guess that is a lot...but I am planning for 2013 so I have sometime.

Atomic Ray

PS
And keeping me busy will hopefully keep me from hunting hippies and playa poopers :shock: lol
— H.P. Lovecraft
atomicray

Postby moonrise » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Oh, planning for 2013 should give you plenty of time atomicray (maybe fly out and do the early half of the week in 2012, or the entire week for that matter) and try to join a regional and/or get some help from someone who has some experience with burning man and it's unique challenges. Remember to give rides on the MV atomicray, it's proper and you're sure to meet fantastic people. Good luck, time to get 'er done... :P
moonrise

Postby atomicray » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:42 pm

moonrise wrote:Oh, planning for 2013 should give you plenty of time atomicray (maybe fly out and do the early half of the week in 2012, or the entire week for that matter) and try to join a regional and/or get some help from someone who has some experience with burning man and it's unique challenges. Remember to give rides on the MV atomicray, it's proper and you're sure to meet fantastic people. Good luck, time to get 'er done... :P

I have a veteran burner on tap but he is in Oregon and I am in Tex'ass, so I will search for someone a bit closer to Corpus.

As for the rides on the mutant vehicle...I have been reading and asking as many questions as I can, and to my addled mind the difference between an art car and a mutant vehicle is that art is for arts purpose...so thusly a mutant vehicle is a vehicle first.

Art car is mostly to look at and appreciate...cupcakes come to mind as a fine example

and

Mutant vehicles are made to cruise and assuredly carry personnel...the double decker mirror bus is a good representative

and

Then we have the ones that cross the lines as it were...like the one that finally convinced me to take the invitation to attend...the Victorian house vehicle, Neverwas Haul

I am currently thinking art car with spectacular night time lighting options; driver, navigator, and room for two perhaps? But the run and jump on options on not on the design table at this point. In the end, if their is room then absolutely! Any would be welcome...well...nearly anyone...I suspect no drunk agro frat boys...no hippies stinking of BO/weed/and patchouli...and sparkle ponies would not find me all that charitable...but nearly anyone else would be welcome :shock:

lol

Atomic Ray
Last edited by atomicray on Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— H.P. Lovecraft
atomicray

Postby Lassen Forge » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:46 pm

atomicray wrote:Then we have the ones that cross the lines as it were...like the one that finally convinced me to take the invitation seriously to attend...the Victorian house vehicle, Neverwas Haul

Lotta hometown pride for that one, love those guys, even know a couple... most certainly NOT fucktards!!!

(Damn, I wanna do a steam scooter some year!!!)
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby atomicray » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:56 pm

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:
atomicray wrote:Then we have the ones that cross the lines as it were...like the one that finally convinced me to take the invitation seriously to attend...the Victorian house vehicle, Neverwas Haul

Lotta hometown pride for that one, love those guys, even know a couple... most certainly NOT fucktards!!!

(Damn, I wanna do a steam scooter some year!!!)[/b][/color]

No nonononono...my comment is misplaced if you think I was saying that the above art/mutant vehicle types are in any way fucktards...no noonononono

I was just finishing a thought...I fully appreciate the art cars and mutant vehicles, all of them.

I LOVE THE VICTORIAN HOUSE VEHICLE!

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Atomic Ray
— H.P. Lovecraft
atomicray

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:16 pm

All those are MVs. A "mutant vehicle" is something so radically re-designed or covered up that you can't tell the original make and model. An "art car" is more on the lines of five thousand plastic bunnies glued onto a car. MVs are typically not street legal either.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby atomicray » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:38 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:All those are MVs. A "mutant vehicle" is something so radically re-designed or covered up that you can't tell the original make and model. An "art car" is more on the lines of five thousand plastic bunnies glued onto a car. MVs are typically not street legal either.

Gotcha...does this referenced plastic bunny car need to stay in place?

The rules about mutant vehicles notes that they are versions of art cars, it is a curious thought.
— H.P. Lovecraft
atomicray

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:40 pm

Yeah, the bunnies must remained parked for the duration.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby atomicray » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:10 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Yeah, the bunnies must remained parked for the duration.

Gotcha, now it all makes sense...I want to make a mutant vehicle then lol.

Atomic Ray
— H.P. Lovecraft
atomicray

Previous

Return to Experiences at Burning Man