top douche bags fucktards at BM 2010

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Postby Savannah » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:00 pm

JTowne, if you fight at Thunderdome, watch people do it for a while before you enter & fight. It's easy for people to faceplant when they're first released (fighters are attached to bungee cords and pulled away from one another at the outset, and then sort of . . . shot at each other). Saw a guy break his nose the first time I was there. Made a note. "Get legs underneath you". :lol:
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby JTowne » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:06 pm

Oh so it's like a legitimate brawl? Or is it more like, whoever falls down first... gives up first, or ...bleeds first haha. All of my guy friends have forever been larger than me so I consider myself a professional scrapper. I don't mind a little bit of pain :twisted:
Guilty of being a 2011 Virgin BM Noob.
All wisdom and advice voraciously accepted :D
~I'm here to live life, all are welcome~
JTowne

Postby graidawg » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:32 pm

Bob wrote:Its hippie, not hippy, you illiterate ravefuck.

no i think you will find its hippy.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby Rice » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:41 pm

JTowne wrote:Oh so it's like a legitimate brawl? Or is it more like, whoever falls down first... gives up first, or ...bleeds first haha. All of my guy friends have forever been larger than me so I consider myself a professional scrapper. I don't mind a little bit of pain :twisted:

From what I can tell, watching Thunderdome fights for four burns, is that you are judged the winner. Sometimes the crowd disagrees.

Um, don't forget it is a 2 hr ambulance ride to the nearest hospital (which I suspect would SUCK).

Rice.
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby JTowne » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:21 pm

Noted, perhaps I'll wait to go against someone my size haha
JTowne

Postby Savannah » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Well, it's not quite a brawl (though it may look like one). You can bring your own opponent--in fact, this is probably for the best. The bats are padded, but you can still get hurt. There's a large crowd, referee/MC, and a couple of people to pull back on the bungee cords of each fighter. There are also medics.

I have noticed that the Thunderdome medic shifts seem to be snapped up before other medical shifts. :lol:

The best fight I ever saw was between 20-something identical twins. They had about 25 years of history between them to really give it verve, and went at it like wolverines (though I'm pretty sure they were also laughing).
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby ibdave » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:34 pm

JTowne wrote:Oh so it's like a legitimate brawl? Or is it more like, whoever falls down first... gives up first, or ...bleeds first haha. All of my guy friends have forever been larger than me so I consider myself a professional scrapper. I don't mind a little bit of pain :twisted:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2_qesFT30Y[/youtube]
8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby JTowne » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:01 pm

AWESOME :!:

Looking forward to making a friend after we beat each other senseless :lol:
JTowne

Postby moonrise » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:24 pm

JTowne wrote:AWESOME :!:

Looking forward to making a friend after we beat each other senseless :lol:

Sounds like you're from Western Mass.

Will you return to eplaya and give us a blow by blow account of your battle?
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby JTowne » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:45 pm

Eastern actually, bout 40 minutes north of Boston :)
I loved American Gladiators as a kid and as a lover of sky diving and similar adrenaline inducing activities this kind of thing is in my ballpark.
If I can I'll have a friend video tape it/take pictures, but I will without a doubt let you know how I end up, if for whatever reason I don't get to actually meet with you all there at some point over the 7 days.
JTowne

Postby Super Evil Brian » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:57 pm

JTowne wrote:Eastern actually, bout 40 minutes north of Boston :)
I loved American Gladiators as a kid and as a lover of sky diving and similar adrenaline inducing activities this kind of thing is in my ballpark.
If I can I'll have a friend video tape it/take pictures, but I will without a doubt let you know how I end up, if for whatever reason I don't get to actually meet with you all there at some point over the 7 days.

I miss the North East. I went to college in Newton, grew up in Connecticut, dad lived in Maine for a bit. I moved to Brooklyn then for some fucking stoopit reason, to Texas.

It will be rad to run into a Yankee, after being surrounded by dumb rednecks here.
"I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway."
Jesus fuckhole, what the fuck was that?
"Playa dust might be the cleanest, most corrosive filth you'll ever love," Savannah said.
Super Evil Brian

Postby JTowne » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Hahaha, see from where I am the "Yankees" are the evil empire of sports teams. We're more apt to get into fights with anyone considered a "Yankee fan" lol. But it will be nice to get away from the anal and impersonal feeling of this area and meet people who are more sociable.
JTowne

Postby moonrise » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:29 am

Super Evil Brian wrote:
JTowne wrote:Eastern actually, bout 40 minutes north of Boston :)

I miss the North East. I went to college in Newton, grew up in Connecticut, dad lived in Maine for a bit. I moved to Brooklyn then for some fucking stoopit reason, to Texas.

It will be rad to run into a Yankee, after being surrounded by dumb rednecks here.

@JTowne, be sure to check out the airport, sky dive camp is there and you can draw straws for ride-a-longs, gotta have 100 jumps before you can do any jumping onto the playa though, ultralites maybe you can tandem I heard...very cool to see all the sky divers landing most of the day, all day at BM...not your average party!

@Super Evil Brian, I'm from NYC/Conn, then to L.A. Ca....buuut, Texas, ouch! You might want to bring everything you own, save you a double trip after you decide to move to the region, lol

Barbie Death Camp, Dr Pyro has an annual eplaya meet n greet, Thursday eve at 6 PM....BRC is HUGE! miles and miles of streets...this would be the one place and time to try to meet most eplayans...bring some booze or mixer or wine if ya can
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby lambert13 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:01 am

JTowne wrote:Hahaha, see from where I am the "Yankees" are the evil empire of sports teams. We're more apt to get into fights with anyone considered a "Yankee fan" lol. But it will be nice to get away from the anal and impersonal feeling of this area and meet people who are more sociable.

Easy there tiger. This Yankee fan would be glad to enter the dome to sort out our allegiances. :lol: The weight class issue could be a hinderance as I am an over 6' 200lb street fightin man.

Out of everywhere I have been, I have never seen state/city pride like us New Yorkers have. Texas being a close second. I have lived here my whole life and love/hate it enough to want to stay.
It's pointless to walk when it's past time to run.
lambert13

Postby moonrise » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:23 am

Yup, New York is the heart beat of the world. I grew up in NYC, Manhattan.
When it was affordable, WoW! what a place...

I get the feeling Super Evil Brian might be the sort to relocate after burning man, hmmm let's see Reno or California over Texas? I know which I'd choose and it doesn't start with a T,
unless it means Time to get West coast-ized, an awesome right of passage
moonrise

Postby gyre » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:27 am

Austin is one of the hippest, most over-educated areas in the country.

Maybe it's not the place?
gyre

Postby Dr Jet Sinister » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:34 am

gyre wrote:Austin is one of the hippest, most over-educated areas in the country.

He's in San Antonio surrounded by military bases. It's not the friendliest environment for 'thinking outside of the box' or differently than the Stars and Stripes magazine.
Suck it. -PlayaWaste Raiders
"They're like a bunch of Honey Badgers in a sea of hippies." -Goathead
Dr Jet Sinister

Postby moonrise » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:41 am

gyre wrote:Austin is one of the hippest, most over-educated areas in the country.

Hiya gyre!

Maybe,,,, I can't tell you how many out of state freinds who've said "I'm staying out West" lol

I have no clue what SE Brian wants btw, lol, but if itchin' for a better part of the usa, we're it! There are still some affordable okay places to live out here, if you don't mind sharing a place to cut down on costs. It's called the hidden homeless. I qualify big time, I have so many housemates, it isn't funny anymore.

Oh, this is the douche bag award thread...hmmmm, I don't have any more, other than the gal pissing next to our unlocked potty, lol, poor thing, maybe she was ascared of the ol' outhouse :roll: it seemed to be holding her up, haha
moonrise

Postby gyre » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:03 am

And yet I seem to meet interesting people everywhere I go, including San Antonio.
Even Brooklyn.

Texas has a unique attitude.
They did used to be their own country.
gyre

Postby moonrise » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:41 am

Eh, seems we hijacked this thread, for a bit anyway, get out of Texas!! LOL

I've heard there are nice parts, they're needles in a hay stack probably.
moonrise

Postby gyre » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:57 am

About the same as nevada.
gyre

Postby JTowne » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:10 am

Ahaha! Naw it's alright, I let the sports teams dish it out on the field. I find that getting into arguments over sports is about as engaging as slamming my face against a brick wall and expecting some kind of positive response.

I've never been in NY city, but I plan to take a trip to Harlem this summer before I head to BM.

Anyone over 150 I'd rather just admit defeat and have a beer with 'em :D
JTowne

Postby Dr Jet Sinister » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:14 am

moonrise wrote:Eh, seems we hijacked this thread, for a bit anyway, get out of Texas!! LOL

As a Texan, I'm amused that the douche bag thread has ended up with SEB should move out of Texas. :lol:
Dr Jet Sinister

Postby gyre » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:07 pm

Texas used to be a country.
Why did we change that?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBe5Dx6kSJg[/youtube]
gyre

Postby lambert13 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:22 am

JTowne wrote:Ahaha! Naw it's alright, I let the sports teams dish it out on the field. I find that getting into arguments over sports is about as engaging as slamming my face against a brick wall and expecting some kind of positive response.

I've never been in NY city, but I plan to take a trip to Harlem this summer before I head to BM.

Anyone over 150 I'd rather just admit defeat and have a beer with 'em :D

I was only kidding with you about the sports stuff. I am a Yankee fan since birth and I love the rivalry with the Sox. I would much rather hang out with a Sox fan and have a good time than fight about it.

Everyone should go to NYC at least once. I lived there for a while and had the time of my life. Now I am upstate where it is affordable but still within a 2.5 hr drive to the city.

Heading to Harlem? Like Jamaican food? I know a good spot.
It's pointless to walk when it's past time to run.
lambert13

Postby C.f.M. » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:44 pm

Super Evil Brian wrote:
C.f.M. wrote:Man, I really wish I'd seen this trap y'all are talking about.

Aside from the usual hippie/frat boy fucktards mooping the toilets and being total, ignorant assholes, I got nothing to add to this whine fest.

Live Trap/Playa Gift Exchange Date Rape Box

Best new theme camp...

(In the creeper voice characterization I love to use) I gots me this van, it's flat black with some nice paneling inside. I found me a good mattress on the side of the interstate when I got out to drain my vain.

My van has a "free candy" sign and I like to crank Jefferson Airplane on my hi-fi 8 track.

Hey, baby, where's yo momma, wanna go for a ride? I'll pick you up from school.

Swap out the "candy" for "gin" and crank Jefferson Starship and you've got a deal. Bonus points if you're wearing a top hat.

Hey Jet, I think I might have someone here, for Raga...you could fit a small human-sized cage in the bus, right? Pick up in San Antonio?
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby Dr Jet Sinister » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:57 pm

C.f.M. wrote:Hey Jet, I think I might have someone here, for Raga...you could fit a small human-sized cage in the bus, right? Pick up in San Antonio?

We don't do pickups, but if you have the package shipped to us we can load it on the bus. I'll have to calculate the shipping fees and get back to you.
Dr Jet Sinister

Postby Kiro » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:19 pm

knowmad wrote:Being Rudely shaken down By the Ice Stations Crew (Via Megaphone) for Schwag, while waiting for Ice on Saturday during pre-event . and because I wasn't amused, I was forced to the end of the line.

You should have told them to eat a fucking dick and stayed right where you were.
Kiro

Burning Since: 2017

Postby tamarakay » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:27 pm

Dr Jet Sinister wrote:
moonrise wrote:Eh, seems we hijacked this thread, for a bit anyway, get out of Texas!! LOL

As a Texan, I'm amused that the douche bag thread has ended up with SEB should move out of Texas. :lol:

:P :lol: :lol:
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby jkisha » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:30 pm

knowmad wrote:Being Rudely shaken down By the Ice Stations Crew (Via Megaphone) for Schwag, while waiting for Ice on Saturday during pre-event . and because I wasn't amused, I was forced to the end of the line.

I have to say, my partner and I do at least two ice shifts, usually at the one at center camp, and sometimes the line people do get way carried away on that. I try to mitigate as much as possible, but it's hard from behind the registers.

When we go to get ice ourselves, we always take an ice cold six pack with us and just walk in the out door and right up to the counter--it's as good as a VIP pass.

But, it's rather ballsy of them asking for schwag considering that volunteering for ice is one of the best jobs on the playa--it's cool inside with the ice and you get great tips without even having to ask.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

PreviousNext

Return to Experiences at Burning Man