Best watering holes on the playa

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Best watering holes on the playa

Postby silenus » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:00 pm

This is a post strictly for the over 21ers, those with progeria, anyone who has been to war, or those with very convincing fake IDs...
I want to know every watering hole out at the playa this year as well as what is showcased for drinks and any specialty drinks that are known only to that particular camp.
ie: Special shots, cocktail names, any beer or wine really, or special events involving the creature known as drink.
Thanks,
Silenus.
Lets go have a drink, grab a bite, than swing from the treetops.
silenus
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:36 am
Location: Independence, OR, USA

Postby gaminwench » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:07 pm

First post, and all you want is info about bars??? Who are YOU??? Why should I want YOU in my bar??
User avatar
gaminwench
 
Posts: 1718
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:57 am
Location: Shangri-la
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP

Postby ygmir » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:14 pm

First Camp Bar, always rocks...........good booze, hot chicks, hats.........

near center camp............no signs, but, ask for "the Hat".
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25984
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Best watering holes on the playa

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:14 pm

silenus wrote:I want to know every watering hole out at the playa this year as well as what is showcased for drinks and any specialty drinks that are known only to that particular camp.


Don't think every bar is here on eplaya, or that people here know every bar around. I've seen bars pop up for one day on the backstreets as well as the old standbys year after year.

Also, don't think every bar will serve you- they won't, legal or not. They're gifting the booze, that means they get to decide who they want to give it to, and since they paid for it......

Now, if you want to know favorite bars, that's more do-able.

Mine was that bar who's name I can't remember (I was drunk, surprise) that only served top shelf liquor and refused to pour single-malt into my cup because it wasn't clean enough. She poured it into my mouth instead. Good times.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
User avatar
Eric
Moderator
 
Posts: 7103
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: Best watering holes on the playa

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:22 pm

silenus wrote:This is a post strictly for... those with very convincing fake IDs...

Thanks,
Silenus.


No fraking way - ask this question, you show up in OUR bar you will kiss playa dust.

THis is not my gig, nor is entrappment. Go away, and tell your Lt your cover is officially bown.

Idiot. My EX was a cop. You tink I don't see this shit a mile away?

Troll...
User avatar
Lassen Forge
Moderator
 
Posts: 5322
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:35 pm
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby bluesbob » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:35 pm

Stop thinking what the bar can do for you...and start thinking what you can do for the bar.
bluesbob
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: Fullerton, CA.
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: AV

Postby Token » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:29 am

Image
User avatar
Token
 
Posts: 2302
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:55 pm
Location: Gold Country, CA
Burning Since: 2001

Postby Lassen Forge » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:32 am

Token +1
User avatar
Lassen Forge
Moderator
 
Posts: 5322
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:35 pm
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby Fire_Moose » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:48 am

Best drink on the playa is Whiskey and white gas. 3 to 1 ratio.
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
User avatar
Fire_Moose
 
Posts: 2486
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:40 am
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

Re: Best watering holes on the playa

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:55 am

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:
silenus wrote:This is a post strictly for... those with very convincing fake IDs...

Thanks,
Silenus.


No fraking way - ask this question, you show up in OUR bar you will kiss playa dust.

THis is not my gig, nor is entrappment. Go away, and tell your Lt your cover is officially bown.

Idiot. My EX was a cop. You tink I don't see this shit a mile away?

Troll...


jeez, some people make jokes. It's a human trait, have you not observed them?

The Booby Bar has always been a standby for me.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
User avatar
Ugly Dougly
 
Posts: 16312
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:31 am
Location: San Jose, CA
Burning Since: 1996

Re: Best watering holes on the playa

Postby cahlm » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:31 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:
Bay Bridge Sue wrote:
silenus wrote:This is a post strictly for... those with very convincing fake IDs...

Thanks,
Silenus.


No fraking way - ask this question, you show up in OUR bar you will kiss playa dust.

THis is not my gig, nor is entrappment. Go away, and tell your Lt your cover is officially bown.

Idiot. My EX was a cop. You tink I don't see this shit a mile away?

Troll...


jeez, some people make jokes. It's a human trait, have you not observed them?



Seriously. Calm down there. I'm 99% sure he was making a funny.
User avatar
cahlm
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:59 pm
Location: Reno
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Geodesia

Re: Best watering holes on the playa

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:09 pm

cahlm wrote:
Ugly Dougly wrote:
Bay Bridge Sue wrote:
silenus wrote:This is a post strictly for... those with very convincing fake IDs...

Thanks,
Silenus.


No fraking way - ask this question, you show up in OUR bar you will kiss playa dust.

THis is not my gig, nor is entrappment. Go away, and tell your Lt your cover is officially bown.

Idiot. My EX was a cop. You tink I don't see this shit a mile away?

Troll...


jeez, some people make jokes. It's a human trait, have you not observed them?



Seriously. Calm down there. I'm 99% sure he was making a funny.


I'll calm down when you get me a damn drink!
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
User avatar
Ugly Dougly
 
Posts: 16312
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:31 am
Location: San Jose, CA
Burning Since: 1996

Postby Stickygreen » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:13 pm

best bar I ever went to was back in 07 Lost was the name of the place, they were at the last street of the 2 o'clock arm. I think they were one of the first places open that year.

I remember they came back the next year and got prime placement. lots of cops! and lots of rockstar frat boys.... everything has it's prime time, I guess....
)'(
User avatar
Stickygreen
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:17 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Best watering holes on the playa

Postby bx1 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:23 pm

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:... ...Idiot. My EX was a cop. ... ...


You know that doesn't mean that all cops are evil.
Braden aka BX1 aka -=B=-

THE BUSH (Returning bigger and badder in 2011):

http://www.placesafterdark.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=872

Image
User avatar
bx1
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:10 pm
Location: Palm Springs, CA


Return to Experiences at Burning Man

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest