Camping alone

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Postby Elorrum » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:20 am

Katka wrote:the only scary thing is not having men/people-of-stature to help with building camp, pardon my sexism. Time to get self-reliant I guess. :D

hmm. what are you building? This may be a time where you see what you really are capable of. My mother used to insist she was not mechanical at all. But she could strip her sewing machine down and put it back together. Try a new set of lenses.
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket (BDV)

Postby Katka » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:22 pm

Well, the shade structure. I was thinking about a car port to go over everything, but, I've gone back and forth, especially because those things are about 10 feet tall. But, then again, I also can't imagine a small shade area doing much good.

In the years past, our shade structure was built from scratch by the guys in our camp and put together before I even arrived (lucky me), which is one of the reasons why, for my solo camp, I just want to buy something pre-fab and worry only about assembly. (Maybe I can tinker with home-made technology down the line.) Hope this isn't too much to manage?

I'm a first time burner & I'm going alone

Postby Bob Bitchen » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:24 am

I'm going alone too.

Looking forward to having a great time. hope to see you there.
Bob Bitchen

Those who want to be seen will never be seen even if they have already been seen.

Fuck Um if they can't take a Joke & Joke em if they can't take a Fuck.

Don't sweat the petty things just pet the sweaty things.
Bob Bitchen

there is no alone

Postby epic » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:37 am

there is no alone with 50,000 people unless you consciously avoid people. You just might not be 6 inches from someone else all the time. As long as you arent totally introverted you'll have a great time. If you act friendly and approach people people will talk to you.
If you hang out at center camp you'll have company 24/7.

I went alone my first time in 04

Postby taintedbytrolls » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:24 pm

I went alone my first time... and I loved it. Like others have said you are responsible only for yourself. You do what YOU want when YOU want to do it.

If you want to be with other people, you can always find others to talk to.

Return to Experiences at Burning Man