Reccuring BM dreams or nightmares.....

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Reccuring BM dreams or nightmares.....

Postby Alchemy » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:34 am

At first my dreams were like real time experiances...before and after my first burn...I was like almost live on the playa...total bliss..
BUT LATELY..................
for the past two and a half years, I keep getting these reccurring nightfunks..Im going to Burningman but Im anxious and Im three days behind and I arrive on like thursday night and theres very few places to camp and I cant get into the groove...Everybody has their territorie scoped out and I feel like an intruder.
I cant get past all the time it will take to set up and then all the events that we/Ive missed.The GUILT. [what the hell does this mean?]

Or Burningman suddenly is being held on some funky sun baked lawn area,inclosed by chain link and the gate is in sometown like Jackson or Woodland. The road in goes in past someones driveway but you have to get in by wednesday and its wednesday night...or we are in but we arrive the night before the burn....camping is REALLY cramped.there are cocentric circles and Im stuck camping with people who avoid me because Im bugging about being late.

Or we get there behind and realize we dont have lites or batteries or water,or that we have food but no can openers and its all in cans..our tent is broken or that we have no rebar,no sun screen, no gifts...or that all of our clothes are dirty.

sometimes Im stuck looking thru the fence at everybody having fun and I have to go miles up the road to the gate and my car isnt going to make it...I think about jumping the fence...but I dont want to break the rules...

WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN??? does anyone else get these two variations? Then sometimes Ill get random images of the playa,or sounds,like soundbites with streaming vid in my head,at unrelated times..nano vacations...and its so pleasant.But it lasts as long as a wiff of purfume in the air......

Playaperculiarious.......
Alchemy

Postby Zephryus » Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:51 am

Wow. That's a bummer of a subconscious groove. What I see in your story is fear; of fear of abandonment, fear of exclusion, fear of falling behind, fear of losing something very important. What does burning man give you that you're so afraid of losing? What barriers in your life could that fence represent?
You don't have to answer that. It's just where I would start looking.

Oh, and you double posted. For the sake of cleanliness, could you delete the other post?

Thanks,
Zephryus
Zephryus

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:04 am

Heyyyyy Alchemy,

De FACTO here. Have'nt seen you in a long time on eplaya. Hope you are doing well.

I don't know about the dream thing. Maybe it's a tattoo thingie in disguise. :wink:

Really, maybe but dont let it get to you. you're still awsome. Are you going this year? Maybe you are just having withdrawls. :lol:

If you're going then hang in there, you'll make it to your fix.

caio, and welcome back.

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Markov Chaney » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:43 am

BM nightmares just makes me think of incontinence anxiety dreams. Surely I'm not the only one who finds this use of initials unfortunate.
Markov Chaney

Postby philosopher » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:30 am

I dreamed I was walking around naked in a crowd of people....

uh...

never mind
philosopher

Postby Chai Guy » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:38 am

WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN??? does anyone else get these two variations?

I have no idea what it means but yes, I have very similar dreams. In fact in all of my "playa" dreams, none of them have actually taken place on the playa, they are always in some weird location (like a parking lot, or on the beach, or in a corn field). So the first half of the dream is usually me wondering why the hell they moved it. I've also had dreams where the event goes year round.
Chai Guy

Scooby Dooooooooooooooooooo........

Postby Last Real Burner » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:10 pm

A Christmas tree shaped like the man..

New Years Eve Burn...

Burning Bunny

etc.......

probably,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".
Last Real Burner

Re: Reccuring BM dreams or nightmares.....

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:05 pm

Alchemy wrote: WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN???
Sounds like run-of-the-mill anxiety dreams to me. Just a different forum. And nothing to worry about, IMO. My college professor father 40 years out of school was still having the "show up at an exam and not know the subject/location/how to wear clothes" dreams.
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby AntiM » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:09 am

Ah playa dreams. I have recurring themes, but then, I remember a LOT of dreams. One is I can't find my husband the morning after the burn and I can't get the camp packed up by myself, or I want to show him something and he isn't there.

Repeatedly, the entire black rock city has been enclosed in plywood, like a maze or an old west saloon, and I can't find my way to the open playa. Sort of like flying dreams where you can't get very far off the ground.

Another dream featured a large retirement community from New York headed for Palm Springs and got lost; they had brought along a contractor with heavy equipment and were putting in an Olympic sized pool. Another group in the same dream the next night (serial dreams, really) was trying to pave all the intersections in black rock with that rubber mesh stuff factory workers stand on.

I have the change of location dreams too ... weird. Beaches, islands, a wagon trail full of sage and mesquite. And dreams of playa mud. Tons of mud.

The best dream was when all the dust was red, like we were on Mars. I was exploring deserted art installations, which were stylized houses and art studios out on the playa, during a vermillion dust storm. Then I looked up at the man and he was an archer, huge and enormous, rising out of the horizon, shooting a blue neon arrow into the sky. The arc of the bow looked like a moon or planet hanging above the playa. Very Sagitarian.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby headquarters » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:55 am

a BM dream that really messed me up was last year which was really fun but my camp situation wasn't exactly what i wanted and i was in some way kinda disapointed with myself. So it was monday morning after the temple burn and I had a dream right before I woke up that I was just getting to BM and everything was peachy. Then i woke up and realized i had to go home and i was kinda depresso. I wouldnt' read to much into the literal meaning of the dream. Like others said it could just be anxiety which you express in dreams about burningman cause thats what is on your mind.
headquarters

playa dream

Postby angelface » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:48 pm

The hardest burning man dream to wake up from was my first day home from my first time on the playa.. I was right in the middle of normal activities at burning man, and then woke up wondering where the hell I was and why it was so cold in my tent.

I too always have dreams that are half playa and half another location, one really vivid one was a combination of tall apartment complexes with tent cities in between. Another time it was in the mountains and there was snow everywhere and people were skiing and sledding between camps.
angelface

I a doppelganginbangin double poster clile....

Postby Alchemy » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:23 am

After bearin my soul and spillin my ill little dream I double posted {like much to my chagrin.....} I realized after that my dream was taotally a run of the mill variation of the naked at the final exam ,in a crowd of people but most of the people are naked anyway kinda thing....

I have been sooooooooooo cut off lately, and I miss all of you, who ever you are? Ive been all tied into the baby which is bliss but then Ive been pressured into attempting to move from my La Playa digs {anything but that ..to a more Sacramento location..no offence but been there and done that and I dont quite fit innnnnnnnnn....} Then theres the case , with my husband and the semitruck and the arm thing.....GOD AM I SICK OF THIS..and we still are tryin to find the witnesses..hellloooooooooo 2001? anybody?

And on a connective note..my dogs ass is soooo over tattooed and it bent the needles,so when we finished tatooing the last onion on her ass I saiz to her, These damn needolz are too hard to warsh so lets just pretend theyre clean,and put em away fer now..but Id be real shur to use lava soap to warsh im ifin somebody wants a real live tattoo "of you know who"..

yes in fact all of my dreams MUST be related to the fact that I have been out of touch to tattoo anybodyas of late. {actually defactomundo..I think in my own twisted lil way that its part of the picture but probably the part where ,the playa turns into the state fair...Anyone want to win a mirror?}

I have these funked out playamares about twice a week..but on the flip side , I have these lucid moments when Im awake that I get like a crashing wave of the REAL PLAYA ,just for a few seconds like a vision,be it sites or sounds or a feeling running through me, like a presence. Thats like a kiss for my owwwie... Anyone else?

Uh the tattoo thing.... To be real I need to clear my head of cobby webs and insecuritys with heffalumps and woozils....before workin on me bretherin Im shootin for a month from now......{no jokes guys........Im pretty disembodied .....lack of contact from the flamin world and just people in general has made a basket weaver of me...

and just in time fer Easter....Bunny you should ask.... :shock:

Its a releif to see that others are able to relate thou its a bummer dream dudes....
Alchemy

Postby Simply Joel » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:28 am

There are days that I can smell the playa, while smack dab in the middle of Illinois... yeah, I do think the wind carries that far.

I can see the road around Pyramid lake in my dreams and mind's eye because I have driven it so many times.

I recall the sunsets and sunrises, lots of them... without 20,000 fellow participants... just DPW crews... miles and miles of orange fencing....
Simply Joel

Its happened again!!

Postby Alchemy » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:03 pm

Okay you know how devine humor works..ironically right?!
Okay so about a week after I read the returns on my post I have another dream. ITS A COMBO OF ALL THE IMAGES YOU GUYS SHARED WITH ME!
Like I a cream pie in my dream face with all you's guys imagery..I woke up laughing.!!!

I wanna host a dream party at the burn this year...tattoos not included..
Alchemy

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:07 pm

Alchemy!

great ta see ya!

sounds like it could make for a great camp.

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Who hid the eggs?

Postby chickenfish » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:04 pm

I am the easter burny!
chickenfish chickenfish you are not a pelican
chickenfish chickenfish your love is like a flea
chickenfish chickenfish your fins are so delicate
chickenfish chickenfish chicken of the sea
chickenfish

Postby Worthy » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:47 pm

I had a nightmare about a month ago that I showed up to BM and got my camp all set up and realized that I had no food or water. So i jumped in the car to go and get some food in gerlach but there was none there, so I had to drive all the way to reno. and then pay some rediculously high price to get us back in. Luckily it was just a dream.
Worthy

Postby SilkenTofu » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:07 pm

The last dream I had about Burning Man ended up like Dawn of the Dead.
They burned The Man on Saturday, I partied, slept and when I woke up Sunday, people were eating flesh, killing the living and I had to try to hurry and pack everything to make sure I left no trace before I was killed by the undead. I woke up before I made it out of there.

This isn't uncommon for me though, a lot of my dreams end up with a Dawn of the Dead/28 Days Later theme. I do dream about BM at least 2 or 3 times a month and not all of them end in gore.
I am a bit tied up at the moment...but if you leave your name and number.....
SilkenTofu

Location: in a cold case in the healthfood eisle at your local grocery store

Postby Lorgasm » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:52 pm

I wanna party with you Saturday.

Wow, your dreams sound pretty interesting. Ever try to interpret them? Some of my dreams (when I am not dreaming of Burningman) involve sharks or cemetaries. Pretty wierd, huh.

Well, hope to see you at BRC. You sound yummy.
BOOBIES!!!
Lorgasm

I party on the playa, but only in my dreams

Postby chickenfish » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:19 pm

I dreamt the other night that they had made burning man last for the whole month of August. I was excited cause that meant I could go, albeit earlier in the month when there weren't as many people out there. I awoke to the cruel reality that I will not be able to go this year....
chickenfish

I party on the playa, but only in my dreams

Postby chickenfish » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:20 pm

I dreamt the other night that they had made burning man last for the whole month of August. I was excited cause that meant I could go, albeit earlier in the month when there weren't as many people out there. I awoke to the cruel reality that I will not be able to go this year.... :( :(
chickenfish

Postby Burp! » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:42 pm

I had a dream recently where BM was on concrete, there were stores near by. If I remember correctly there was a big chain link fence around the whole thing, you could see people through the fence who were playing basketball. It felt like a big giant street fair. at one point I was climbing on the outside of our dome and I caved it in.

NoFlash
Burp!

Return to Experiences at Burning Man