PBS Travel Special, features BMan...

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

PBS Travel Special, features BMan...

Postby Last Real Burner » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:49 pm

Wow! :shock: the PBS travel show, "Travel America" (www. funroads.com), highlighted a road trip feature that took a side trip to Burning Man, great piece that showed a lot of the awesome stuff and many of the great people and art exhibts you see there.

Experience America
Nevada
30 mins.   
Intriguing characters living in Nevada are profiled. Also: a trip to Great Basin National Park, site of the awesome Lehman Caves. Paul Ryan hosts.
Release Year: 2001

It was well shot by couple of the younger guys in the travel show crew (The other hosts happen to be in their 60's and 70's, so I was pretty glad it wasn't done by one of them it would have been a little more Howell Hugeseryish type piece instead), and you could see that the burning bug had smitten the reporters. They started the show kinda of as straight laced type of reporters, and by the time they were doing at the ending interviews, they were painted blue, naked, drunk and running around the ashes of the man. They give good solid advice though on what to bring, what to expect, and ticket info and surprisingly, they paid the utmost respect to the citizenship and the entinty that is Burningman and showed the event almost in a inreverant light, and left you with a distinct reminder that this event will change your life for ever. All in all, well cut informational piece about the Burn that really let you know that it was They also played a small snipet of the conversation between you're truely the lil ol rebbi, (where I was espousing some rabbical ramblings about the beauty of life or some such musings) and the reporters. If you saw it, I had the long braids.

"Blessed are they, who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
unbelievably,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".
Last Real Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:52 pm

I saw it . that was on a month ago here in San Fran. nice episode.

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Return to Experiences at Burning Man