The Police Can Have BRC

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Postby unjonharley » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:52 am

listen learned from OP/troll

do Not carry you drugs with you outside your camp..

you can be easly profiled if your holding.. even if you don't want to believe it..

the op put his job before his drugs.. brought drugs onto federal land to play the cop game.. lost the game.. blames the cops.. protests when i call him a junkie?

he come to the Eplaya to find some one that will tell him he not a addict?
unjonharley

Postby spectabillis » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:19 pm

unjonharley wrote:listen learned from OP/troll

nah, the lesson learned is how easy it has come to rely on certain predictions. general trends in users are true enough to me now, this one is the informal nature of what emerges as comentary prominence of opinion, and the nature of guides and community leadership.

it happens in cycles with group turnover, yet what emerges is still the same - unfortunately its the standards of quality that never return with each cycle.

btw: 'listen' learned has to be one of the greatest ironic slips i've seen here
spectabillis

Postby klone138 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:48 pm

wayneal,
I am all for the event moving the fuck out of Nevada. But you did fail to mention that there was also many law enforcement agencies bussed in from California (and who knows what other states) to the playa this year. Calling BRC09 a police state is an understatement. I sat in front of my camp for an hour this year and watched 5 nevada or federal officers (normal), a Humboldt County Ca. Sheriff, and a Novato Police Ca. officer drive by. And I was all the back to G street. What the fuck is this shit? why are they even allowed in the event. Then there was burn night. I cant even count how many people I saw being arrested. Not to mention the fact that I was followed by undercover officers (very bad at what they did) when I went to go dance at El Circo/Do Lab's camp. When I confronted them and said "why the fuck are you following me, I haven't done anything illegal?" They just walked away and had new officers follow me. I felt like I was being watched for the rest of the night. Maybe next time they can focus their energy on some asshole selling drugs, rather than somebody just trying to dance.
klone138

Postby AntiM » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:55 pm

I feel so left out. No one followed me.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby LostinReno » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:15 pm

klone138 wrote:wayneal,
I am all for the event moving the fuck out of Nevada. But you did fail to mention that there was also many law enforcement agencies bussed in from California (and who knows what other states) to the playa this year. Calling BRC09 a police state is an understatement. I sat in front of my camp for an hour this year and watched 5 nevada or federal officers (normal), a Humboldt County Ca. Sheriff, and a Novato Police Ca. officer drive by. And I was all the back to G street. What the fuck is this shit? why are they even allowed in the event. Then there was burn night. I cant even count how many people I saw being arrested. Not to mention the fact that I was followed by undercover officers (very bad at what they did) when I went to go dance at El Circo/Do Lab's camp. When I confronted them and said "why the fuck are you following me, I haven't done anything illegal?" They just walked away and had new officers follow me. I felt like I was being watched for the rest of the night. Maybe next time they can focus their energy on some asshole selling drugs, rather than somebody just trying to dance.

Sounds like a little paranoia?? If your not doing anything wrong why would you care if someone was following you? Getting cocky with them is only going to make them assume you really are up to something. Oh and BTW they weren't from Humboldt County Ca., they were from Humboldt County, NV (we have one too, just not as notorious, not much grows in Winnemucca but potatoes and prostitutes) I never did see any marked vehicles from CA??, our camp had plenty of party favors, everybody kept it low key, never once had any problems with LEO's, in fact I found them to be much friendlier at Burning Man than they normally are in default Nevada. It cracks me up that all these people want BM to "move" due to LE, you are going to have LEO's, no matter where you go. With 40K+ people, unless like someone else mentioned (we move it to the moon) its going to be there. Someone on another thread mentioned Texas. OMG, yeah, that would make it better. LMAO! Let's throw TX LE and TONS of Burning Man hating rednecks into the mix.
LostinReno

Burning Since: 2009

Postby unjonharley » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:41 pm

every year, the same crap is posted.. might well cut and paste.

if you don't want to play the cop game don't bring your drugs to the game..

don't worry, the few asshole that
that play would not be miss.. just stay the fuck home..
unjonharley

Postby makoona » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:05 pm

maybe we could start a program to decorate their vehicles... my biggest gripe is how ugly all those cruising suvs are, and there were a lot of them. yuk.
makoona

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:01 pm

AntiM wrote:I feel so left out. No one followed me.

I'll follow you anywhere!
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:03 pm

As to moving out of Nevada--the event is in Nevada in part because it's not as nosy and persnickity as California.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

theCryptofishist

Postby unjonharley » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:07 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:As to moving out of Nevada--the event is in Nevada in part because it's not as nosy and persnickity as California.

could move it to Utah if we all set our watches back 20 years..
unjonharley

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:11 pm

theCryptofishist wrote: persnickity

I love the word persnickity. :D

Yah I have my doubts we could hold the event any where else than right where it is. Just my gut reaction but feel free to quote me and throw me in the frying pan.
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:45 pm

motskyroonmatick wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote: persnickity

I love the word persnickity.

Me too. For some reason my spell checker has problems with it.
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Postby spectabillis » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:15 pm

unjonharley wrote:if you don't want to play the cop game don't bring your drugs to the game..don't worry, the few asshole that that play would not be miss.. just stay the fuck home..

now thats funny

must have either spent your time stuck within the confines of an isolated camp, or just simply clueless. so here's a bit of a protip - literally THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE consume narcotics at burningman.

*gasp* yeah, shocking
spectabillis

Just curious....

Postby playa_buddha » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:12 pm

This is just from my own curiosity. I've missed the last two burns due to health and money issues. Certainly there have been arrests or citations for marijuana by BLM (feds) to Nevada, California, Oregon, Colorado etc. citizens who are card-holding medical marijuana users legal in their own states. BLM is federal land - but it's in Nevada, which is one of those 13 medi cannabis states. Eric Holder, Obama's AG, announced in February that their position is that state rights rule in this matter.
I would be curious to see what the statistics were - if BLM went by state or Fed rule, what the other law agencies did, and whether or not only Nevada state residents with provable medical cannabis papers/cards are protected from citation or in court, or if anyone from another legalized state (Province?) would win in court. Anyone got any stories?
What we do in life echoes in eternity - Maximus Aurelius
playa_buddha

Postby Kinetik V » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:20 pm

Spectabillis, you are a pompous ASS. Unjon's dead on and what he suggests is what I do. Leave the crap at home. And while I have a valid CO card, I felt it was best to leave it at home rather than deal with running afoul of the BLM and the vote crazy Pershing County Sheriff's Dept.

I can enjoy this event quite well without the need for any enhancements or side effects from my pain relief.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

way too many cops

Postby Sgt. Chowder » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:49 pm

waaaay too many cops this year right?
Live to eat, Eat to live
Sgt. Chowder

Postby oneeyeddick » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:00 pm

someone needs to make a donut camp to keep them distracted next year.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby The Chinese » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:07 pm

Much more visible. We had one just park at the 3:00 portal several days of the week. It was definitely a reminder of the default world.
The Biggest Distraction... Funk On the Playa, Live uncut Funk, TheBomb, Comin at you from the Transmorphogon, 500 Kilowatts of Pure Funk Power. You Will be groovin'. So when yer sick of the Boomp Boomp of the Burn, come down to the T-Dome and Learn....
The Chinese

Postby spectabillis » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:55 am

oh whatever k, check his posts out. anyone who relates to others disagreements by telling them to gtfo, will always be called out on intolerant ignorance.
spectabillis

Postby goathead » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:17 am

yes there where,
the fuckers took up almost the entire parking lot at Bruno's
cocksuckers just parking everywhere.
even right in front of MY PLACE.
pricks, don't they know that is MY PARKING SPOT.
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
Plug n Play camps have done to Burning Man what panty hose did to Finger-Fucking. Ratty
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Burning Since: 1999

Postby ygmir » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:59 am

goathead wrote:yes there where,
the fuckers took up almost the entire parking lot at Bruno's
cocksuckers just parking everywhere.
even right in front of MY PLACE.
pricks, don't they know that is MY PARKING SPOT.

I'd suggest you go out in your leather g-string with your bullwhip and explain it to them......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Kinetik V » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:39 am

From the minute I turned off Jungo Road we saw the very heavy police presence with the NHP pulling people over as we headed South to the Empire Store. But coming through Gerlach.... the place looked like a movie set for a film involving police states. Hell Kim Jong Il would have felt at home there with the overpowering authoritarian presence. The only thing we didn't see that would have felt right at home was SWAT or APC vehicles. Excessive and oppressive...it's the only way to call it.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
Kinetik V

Postby unjonharley » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:46 am

Kinetic V wrote:From the minute I turned off Jungo Road we saw the very heavy police presence with the NHP pulling people over as we headed South to the Empire Store. But coming through Gerlach.... the place looked like a movie set for a film involving police states. Hell Kim Jong Il would have felt at home there with the overpowering authoritarian presence. The only thing we didn't see that would have felt right at home was SWAT or APC vehicles. Excessive and oppressive...it's the only way to call it.

some how i can not get my head around the picture are painting..

on a two lane road with no turn offs.. the police were pulling car over by the twos? tens? hundreds?

"moving through" Gerlach the overpowering authoritarian presence.. ones? two? hundreds? excessive and oppressive..
unjonharley

Postby spectabillis » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:55 am

unjonharley wrote:some how i can not get my head around the picture are painting..

not a big surprise there
spectabillis

Postby Kinetik V » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:00 am

Unjun, what I saw on 447 was that the ratio of officers to burners on the day I arrived was 3 to 1. And once we crossed the railroad tracks and turned into Gerlach, we saw more police vehicles than anything else...literally for every 1 burner vehicle or local resident there was 4 or 5 more police vehicles and I'm being conservative with the numbers. Now granted I came in on Friday...but it made Gerlach feel like a camp for LEO's instead of a sleepy little Nevada town. And when every officer you pass is eyeballing you looking for violations...now I'm not paranoid but damn, when they literally have the window down and are eyeballing you like a pack of vultures checking out roadkill, it's oppressive. I'm simply calling it as my fiancee and I observed it. I wish I had rolled video of it...it was bad.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
Kinetik V

Postby unjonharley » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:01 am

spectabillis wrote:
unjonharley wrote:some how i can not get my head around the picture are painting..

not a big surprise there

correct, my hat size is nowhere near the size of yours.)
unjonharley

Postby unjonharley » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:12 am

Kinetic V wrote:Unjun, what I saw on 447 was that the ratio of officers to burners on the day I arrived was 3 to 1. And once we crossed the railroad tracks and turned into Gerlach, we saw more police vehicles than anything else...literally for every 1 burner vehicle or local resident there was 4 or 5 more police vehicles and I'm being conservative with the numbers. Now granted I came in on Friday...but it made Gerlach feel like a camp for LEO's instead of a sleepy little Nevada town. And when every officer you pass is eyeballing you looking for violations...now I'm not paranoid but damn, when they literally have the window down and are eyeballing you like a pack of vultures checking out roadkill, it's oppressive. I'm simply calling it as my fiancee and I observed it. I wish I had rolled video of it...it was bad.

WTF? Were they air lifting donuts in??

in 8 years i can remeber maybe one cop on the road west to Cedarville.. Gerlach must be the turn around.,
unjonharley

Postby Jiva » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:28 am

Everyone who is throwing the phrase 'police state' into every post with giddy abandon needs to take a step back and read some history. Stalin's Russia was a police state. Ceausescu's Romania was a police state. Burma today is a police state.

Burning Man is just a festival on public lands with a strong police presence.
Stay home; the man will burn without you.
Jiva

Postby mars » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:37 am

I saw water trucks all over the place! They drove by my camp at least twice a day, sometime more! In Gerlach I saw a parking area full of them...must've been at least 20! I think we're being taken over by the water trucks. And their water isn't even POTable!!!! I can't stand this reminder of the default world. Not to mention the porta-potty cleaning trucks. And the RV servicing trucks. BM is definitely OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Live as if everyone loves you and thinks you look great. Dance as if no one is watching.
mars

Postby Grazelda » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:01 pm

Does that mean we are now living in a water state?
Grazelda

PreviousNext

Return to Experiences at Burning Man