money bucket

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Re: money bucket

Postby Elderberry » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:06 pm

I really like this social experiment. Plus it provides an afternoon of entertainment just watching people's reactions.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby JCarter » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:47 pm

How much did you end up having at the end of 2010? Myself and Forbes are curious to see what the BMMB(Burning Man Money Bucket) Index looked like in 2010. Actually, do you have the totals for the other years as well? They are looking at doing an article about if the BMMB Index was illustrative or predictive of the ecoeconopocalypse.
If Neil deGrasse Tyson pulled me off the street to tell me about astronomy that would be awesome. If I was in Amsterdam when this happened and could convince him to tell me about it at a coffeeshop it would be ideal. Just sayin'.
JCarter

Postby ygmir » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:24 pm

the end of 2010 ( I forgot to report) was 97.55 US, 2.44 CAN, and, misc. toys and a rubber glove.
One Japanese 5 "yen", too.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:59 pm

And I hope you saved it.

You spent it didn't you?

:roll:
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby JCarter » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:23 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:And I hope you saved it.

You spent it didn't you?

According to the official policy of the BMMB Index the money was most likely spent on, and I quote, "fiffery, nonsense, and folderol vaguely related to the event known as 'Burning Man' ". Don't blame me, the BMMB Index was originally from 1875. They talked very differently in those days.
If Neil deGrasse Tyson pulled me off the street to tell me about astronomy that would be awesome. If I was in Amsterdam when this happened and could convince him to tell me about it at a coffeeshop it would be ideal. Just sayin'.
JCarter

Postby ygmir » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:11 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:And I hope you saved it.

You spent it didn't you?

no, I spent none.
year before last, some hippy raver kid spent it all.....so, I had to replenish.
This year, it's starting where it left off......well, I may add something.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Ugly Dougly » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:18 am

I hope some day we'll see the BMMB index posted at Center Camp, up-to-date, 24/7 so all burners may be kept informed as to the status of this important factor in Burning Man life.

Hi guys!
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby JCarter » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:51 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:I hope some day we'll see the BMMB index posted at Center Camp, up-to-date, 24/7 so all burners may be kept informed as to the status of this important factor in Burning Man life.

Hi guys!

Well, even though the BMMB Index is very important it isn't the only metric by which the economic health of Black Rock City can be measured. For example, there is the BMHR(Burning Man Hug Rate), the SMFE(Soul Mate Futures Exchange), and, of course, the BMCM(Burning Man Commodities Market),with such assets as tiny plastic things, frank confessions, etc.
JCarter

Postby ygmir » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:23 am

the money bucket is replenished, and ready to return. come on by and give or take.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Previous

Return to Experiences at Burning Man