GRUMPY SPEAKS [on gettin' busted]

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

GRUMPY SPEAKS [on gettin' busted]

Postby vulgaris » Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:48 pm

Stop getting busted for drugs out on the playa. Getting busted for drugs is totally avoidable. I wrote unavoidable at first 'cause I'm retarded. People sittin' around doin' nitrous hits in the middle of the street. Can I get a "WTF?" No, I can't. Because it's commonplace. Just like all the complaining. So here's a couple quick pointers:

Don't leave your shit out in the open.

Don't leave your shit out in the open.

God dammit don't leave your shit out in the open it's not that difficult to put your bong in your dufflebag.

It's a bong! That shit is not going to magically explode on its own.

But it might get you a fine and some jail time.

If you have a tent. Or an RV. Or a tent and an RV and a U-Haul truck. What do you think you paid the money for? Sweet zombie Jesus. Use it.

There are 29,000 other tents RVs and Uhaul trucks leaving pock marks in the playa. If you're too retarded to use your own or you're one of those wild people like me who only touched camp to eat dinner and rub lotion on her feet then ask someone to lend their chill space. Share that dope you greedy..dope..heads... Maybe you'll make a friend who'se not as stupid as you are. :x
Last edited by vulgaris on Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vulgaris

As long as we are being grumpy...

Postby Angry Butterfly » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:14 pm

I HATE the smell of pot! I'm buying my hubby his own tent. For our HOUSE!! LOL!
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.
Angry Butterfly

grumpy frumpy

Postby vulgaris » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:06 pm

i personally would probably not let someone use my uhaul for to clambake but i'm sure there were plenty of burners who would. if somebody lit up in my apartment i would punch them. then, my cat would punch them. then my ferrets would double team them. my boyfriend would be under the bed hiding. i'm pretty sure that is exactly how it would go.
vulgaris

Postby Angry Butterfly » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:15 pm

LMAO!
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.
Angry Butterfly

Postby Sylvia » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:57 pm

Two words: Pot brownies.

There are other means of avoiding LEOs, such as creating diversions. If you want to get ripped in the open, find someone who's acting like a drunk, dangerous asshole and have your smoke about 20 yards away.

You could also think of it like this--wanton drug use killed off the best part of the 60s counter culture, and it will do in Burning Man, too. Drugs and sex should only be part of the experience, not the focus of it. Perhaps a little restraint would actually enhance the event, and possibly even preserve it.

If it gets to be about just sex and drugs, then we will be infiltrated by pushers and perverts, and the LEOs who always tail them.
Have a nice hot cup
of Shut the Fuck Up!
Sylvia

Postby Alpha » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:11 am

Sylvia wrote:If it gets to be about just sex and drugs, then we will be infiltrated by pushers and perverts, and the LEOs who always tail them.

I'm sad to report that this more or less summarizes my experience in '03. (Not to mention the drunks)
Alpha

Return to Experiences at Burning Man