Feeling bad about something I did -- camp etiquette

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Postby Jane Eric » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:17 pm

I miss the fine sarcastic word play of the playa of olde. Where people understood sarcasm when they saw it and played with it accordingly. I miss the wordsmiths and twisted sarcasm. I miss knowing I was among sarcastic people who used their gifts for good. Truly I do.

p.s. You did the right thing by showing him the tent flap door.
Jane Eric

Postby Hotblack Desiato » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:05 am

Is my face red... sorry, Supastar.

Usually I'm pretty good at detecting sarcasm, but there are people out there who would concur with your post, sarcastic or not, and it seems like I've dealt with most of them... I swarmed all over your post because I've had that fucking argument before, with the folks who claim that equal division of labor, boundaries, standards, et cetera, are "not in the Burning Man spirit". These are the people who scam and steal and refuse to lift a finger, and they are plentiful.
Hotblack Desiato

Postby MrChevere » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:18 pm

I scored some fungus along with some of my camp neighbors. I cooked some up with dinner and tripped so much I had to come back and lay down for a couple of hours. (chewing them up dry is a waste and kinda disgusting) My neighbors went out carousing and lost thiers somewhere.

The next night they asked if they could have some of mine and even though I swore them off the night before for the rest of BM, I told them I wanted to keep them for later because I don't come across them too often.

I went up to Humbolt last month and we found about two pounds in the landscaping of a freeway off ramp.

I'm a fuck head. I won't be like that next year.
It was like this when I got here, honest.
MrChevere

Postby jupiterokid » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:27 pm

that was me you stupid idiots!
hehehe :twisted: im just playing...
no you did do the correct thing
there is only about 29,899 other people there to ask
yep i was the idiot who slept through the burn, my first burn
jupiterokid

Previous

Return to Experiences at Burning Man