Brand Picture

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Brand Picture

Postby Stormy » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:17 pm

Someone had asked to see pics of the brands.

New brand, still healing.

2002 brand.

Both brands by Fakir.
Be the change you seek in the world.
Stormy

Postby Kinetic » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:24 pm

Stormy:
What did you do for aftercare? Anything special?

I like both the pix but the top one would be something like what I was thinking about. I have friends that run a tattoo and body piercing shop and was thinking about having Nick or Shawn do one of those.

It's strange, I love tattoos and branding, but most piercings turn me off. But even that's changing...when you have a 15 year old sister running around with her tongue and belly button pierced, the shock value fades fast and you get used to things.

Now it's which one first. Tattoo or the brand?
Kinetic

Postby Stormy » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:47 pm

Kinetic wrote:What did you do for aftercare? Anything special?

I soaked it when I got back and then put peroxide on and did some scab pulling. I've completely descabbed it twice. I also try to soak in bath salts as an irritant. Have used salt scrubs and facial scrubs. Some people use ash very soon after the brand. You should only need to wear the bandage for 24 - 48 hours after the branding.

It's strange, I love tattoos and branding, but most piercings turn me off. But even that's changing...when you have a 15 year old sister running around with her tongue and belly button pierced, the shock value fades fast and you get used to things.

I've never really gotten into permant piercings. Every time I tried to add second and third holes to my ears they got infected and wouldn't heal. Used to have a nose piercing but had to remove it for work. It also used to bug the hell out of me having something in my nostril. Cleaning it was nasty. Thought about the navel, but so many friends have had icky infections. Doing the nipples or the clit would be kind of pointless since I'm already very sensitive.

However, I do like temporary piercings. I once had about 50 done around my chakras. Nipples are a real trip.

Have yet to get a tattoo. May add some shading to my new brand soon. Should get a little storm cloud one of these days, also.

Now it's which one first. Tattoo or the brand? [/quote]
Stormy

Postby Todd in Seattle » Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:30 pm

Wow! I'm impressed, Stormy! They look beautiful. Your new one is fantastic, but I am really envious of your Man. Am I correct in assuming that you got these during the event (this year's and last year)?

I want one. I want one real bad. If you can, please give more details.
Todd in Seattle

Postby Stormy » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:02 pm

Todd in Seattle wrote:Wow! I'm impressed, Stormy! They look beautiful. Your new one is fantastic, but I am really envious of your Man. Am I correct in assuming that you got these during the event (this year's and last year)?

I want one. I want one real bad. If you can, please give more details.

The Man was done in 2002 by Fakir at Temple of Atonement. It was a three strike brand, and he did quite a few that year. My only tip is NEVER try and make a single strike brand like they do to cattle. The skin in between the marks will die, or so I've been told.

This year Judge and I got matching brands. We designed the interlocking crescent moons (waxing and waning). Fakir did the brands with a cautery pen. They are big brands and took awhile to do especially since the generator was hiccupping at the time. The size I have is about as big as he will do.

Fakir and Cleo will most likely be gifting brands again. Please email me in the spring and I can let you know the when and where.
Stormy

Fakir

Postby Markov Chaney » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:34 pm

Stormy, is that THE Fakir you are speaking of?!? If so, I would be so excited just to meet the man.

-HC
Markov Chaney

Re: Fakir

Postby Stormy » Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:42 am

Holy Chao wrote:Stormy, is that THE Fakir you are speaking of?!? If so, I would be so excited just to meet the man.

-HC

Yes, THAT one. I've done some volunteer and paid work with his wife over the years. They're both amazing people with big hearts. I'm sure you'd get along famously with them.
Stormy

Postby Todd in Seattle » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:35 pm

Thanks Stormy! I will most definitely be in touch (ouch!) come spring.
Todd in Seattle

Return to Experiences at Burning Man