“The Machine” from the movie “Contact”

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

“The Machine” from the movie “Contact”

Postby august » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:20 pm

I wanted to inquire about an installation I saw near center camp early in the morning following the burn. I was dancing under the “Kaleidosphere” and at one point I looked up and saw what appeared to be “The Machine” from the movie “Contact”. It totally blew my mind. (This was my first Burning Man and I was getting my mind blown often!) I went outside and stared at it for a long time with the thought that I would come back in the daylight to really check it out. Well long story short, my bike was stolen and we were leaving that afternoon and I never got back to see it again. (I can’t believe that I didn’t notice it on any of the days before …….. distracted by ground events I guess!!??)

I was hoping that someone could tell me about it and possibly give me a link to their site.

Thank you,
August
august

Postby glam_daddy » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:42 pm

it was called ''speheres of transformation'' and it never got working properly. i am curious why. it was supposed to have blinking lights on it that would look all trippy while it was spinning.
glam_daddy

Postby glam_daddy » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:46 pm

glam_daddy

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:39 pm

too bad it never got working, but that happens alot on the playa!

A II Z
Apollonaris Zeus

Return to Experiences at Burning Man