JOY CAMP

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

JOY CAMP

Postby arcaduk » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:21 pm

What do you think about the Joy Camp?

Joy decompression to you :D
arcaduk

joyboy klasius here!

Postby joycamp » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:46 pm

ARCADUUUUUUUUU!

I hope Ill see you tonight before you leave....othervise i wish you the best in life and Ill see you at the playa next year!

LOVE YOU, MAN!/

KLAS
joycamp

Postby Niacin » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:25 pm

Joy Camp absolutely rocked, if this is the same Joy Camp that tolerated myself and four of my friends from RantRadio screaming your camp name, and even gave us drinks when we wandered past you guys for the fifth time.

Cheers,
Max
lebenskunstler - noun, German - someone for whom life is an art form.
Niacin

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Zondermaan

Neighbor luv!

Postby Alexiis » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:50 pm

As your closest neighbor from Goddess Camp in Nuc Family, I gotta say you guys ROCK!!
I was in my tent, Saturday afternoon, getting a little snooze in with your exquisite Ragas drifting thru my head and heart as the sandstorm blustered by. Then my tent mate and I broke into peals of giggles as a very sound, traditional Klezmer struck up a stupendous beat for us to get our groove on to. :wink:
Excellent neighbors and fine participants all around. The "puppy piles" of people on pillows as I rode by everyday to fetch ice or harass the BRCPO always had a snappy "Joy Morning!!" to offer.
Hope to see ya next year or sooner than that here in LA!
Chinchilla-love and hugs,
Alexiis*[/b]
Alexiis

Joycamp!

Postby madmatt » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:39 am

Hi Alexiis,
thanks for the wordup. With Nuclear family to the right and Beyond Beauty to the left, how could we go wrong!! You guys were great neighbors, thanks especially for helping us get moved in (how could we fit 20 people in such a small space?!)

Always great to meet people from the LA area, we'll see you at the LA Decompression party RIGHT?

Hi Giovanni, it was so awesome you and Florencia came all the way from Italy, you guys rock. We had the best time ever. Joyrules! Hi Joyklasius, I'll call you. Hope you found your camera.

Matt.
madmatt

Re: Joycamp!

Postby Alexiis » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:56 am

see you at the LA Decompression party RIGHT?

What???
Where????
When???????
411 puhleeze.
Alexiis

Alexiis 411

Postby madmatt » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:58 pm

It's not yet known, but keep checking the threads, it'll be posted as soon as the date is set. The San Fran decomp is Oct. 12. I doubt we'll be driving up for that, since there are so many events here in LA. One thing you can count on...PINKY'S PLAYAWEEN!!! Pinky lives in LA and has big ole hoedowns quite often, and they are better than some of the parties we saw at BM. Yes its possible. Also Mutaytor plays at all the big LA parties. You can check their website. They actually just played last weekend at LA Music and Art (or whatever) festival. Anyway, glad to see a cyberian I met at BM. Bye!! Matt. PS - are you feeling normal again yet? Not me.
madmatt

JOY TO ALL OF YOU !!!

Postby simo » Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:23 pm

As my third year at BM I had the best of all times, because of the most FENOMENAL people we had a JOy Camp!
Full of energy, always ready to improv, and very creative group of talented motherfuckers! so much FUN!
Loved the people randomly passing by and/or stopping by for few hours to get some entertainment by the "Joy Boyz" so called by :Skeleton Woman" across the street.....(who often entertained us in our moments of Joy depression!!!)
Joy to all of you!!!1
Simo
simo

I THINK ITS TIME FOR A JOYCAMP PARTY SOOOOON!

Postby joycamp » Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:07 pm

I NEEEEED A DECOMP PARTY NOOOW!

JOY TO YOU ALL!

Klasius Maximus
joycamp

Postby madmatt » Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:20 pm

Klasius, I know, I do too. I had to study so much this weekend, I couldn't go to the first LA party, it was at Paynies loft downtown. Wished I coulda been there. Sounds like you've got playa homesickness bad. Hold strong, not long till Pinky's Playaween!!!! Matt.
madmatt

Postby madmatt » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:15 pm

:shock:
Oct 4, 9pm-6am
DJ Wolfie, Serotonins, Mutayor and Clan Destino throw the biggest party ever, blah blah blah. Come decompress, if you idea of participation is watching yet another 'taytor performance and getting drunk and shaking your ass. $10 presale, $15 in "casual" playa wear (WTF?)/$20 at the door.

Oct 14, Downtown, somewhere, Clan Destino party.

From Inge: "Hey..I will host one Nova Express LA burners decomp get together!
Only one , yes.
And that will be next Friday, 9/19.
So everyone better be there!
Ivy , can you bring all your friends???
Inge

Nova Express
Fairfax Ave ( still don't know the number)
Across from canter's
between Beverly and Melrose
Friday 9/19 at 9PM
madmatt

What up matt!!!!

Postby joycamp » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:26 pm

were getting all the pics together.....all the joyboys and girls will come together to go down memory lane.....and just smile....

soooon!

klas
joycamp

Postby madmatt » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:17 am

Ok, all you Joycampers have been quiet waaaaayyy too long. I know you're at work suffering the mental anguish that is off playa existence. Let's hear you moan! ggggggghhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkk...
madmatt

Return to Experiences at Burning Man