most clueless burner

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

dj big "E"

Postby dj big E » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:16 am

lmao call me sellfish but that temple burns so dam well to bad no birds this year lmao.set it up then burn it lmao dj big "E"
dj big E

Re: dj big "E"

Postby OregonRed » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:20 am

dj big E wrote:lmao call me sellfish but that temple burns so dam well to bad no birds this year lmao.set it up then burn it lmao dj big "E"

dj,
lmao is not a comma...find another way to express yourself.

I mean this in the nicest way possible.
M*A*S*H 4207 We're not doctors.

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

OregonRed

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Re: dj big "E"

Postby Zane5100 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:22 am

OregonRed wrote:
dj big E wrote:lmao call me sellfish but that temple burns so dam well to bad no birds this year lmao.set it up then burn it lmao dj big "E"

dj,
lmao is not a comma...find another way to express yourself.

I mean this in the nicest way possible.

I hate to tell ya, dj big "E" uses "lmao" like rest of the world uses punctuation.

He hasn't changed in... how long is it now?
middle-aged, wannabe-hipster, dilettante
Zane5100

Postby precipitate » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:28 am

> I hate to tell ya, dj big "E" uses "lmao" like rest of the world uses
> punctuation.

Which is why, though he may be a witty, charming, sparkling personality,
I wouldn't know because I can't stand reading the damn things. My loss,
I guess.
precipitate

Location: Somewhere near an ocean and a desert and a mountain

Postby OregonRed » Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:03 pm

precipitate wrote:> I hate to tell ya, dj big "E" uses "lmao" like rest of the world uses
> punctuation.

I guess.

One of my favorite things about e-playa is that most everybody who posts here is articulate, intelligent, and has something to say that (while I don't always agree with it) is worth reading.

dj big e's use of lmao is irritating because, even if he has something worhtwhile to say, he makes himself sound foolish by writing like a 14 year old in an AOL chat room.

Just my $.02

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

OregonRed

Postby Zane5100 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:07 pm

OregonRed wrote:
precipitate wrote:> I hate to tell ya, dj big "E" uses "lmao" like rest of the world uses
> punctuation.

I guess.

One of my favorite things about e-playa is that most everybody who posts here is articulate, intelligent, and has something to say that (while I don't always agree with it) is worth reading.

dj big e's use of lmao is irritating because, even if he has something worhtwhile to say, he makes himself sound foolish by writing like a 14 year old in an AOL chat room.

Just my $.02

And I fully support his decision to express himself however he chooses.

...even if it is irritating as hell.
middle-aged, wannabe-hipster, dilettante
Zane5100

Postby III » Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:08 pm

sometimes things that drive you up the wall can eventually grow on you.

i see a glimmer of real humanity in bigE's posts sometimes. the fact that it's peeking out from in between a bunch of webspeak makes it all the more intriguing.

fwiw, though, he's had the same advice from lots of people (including myself), and hasn't changed his style, so i don't expect your input will be the one to push him onto the path of literary righteousness.
III

Postby TestesInSac » Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:09 pm

OregonRed wrote:
> punctuation.

I guess.

Just my $.02

Dunno. I've read some of his posts, and found them refreshingly level-headed, as compared to the abject radicalism I'm seeing in other posts.
I am my own sock puppet.
TestesInSac

Postby OregonRed » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:42 pm

Dunno. I've read some of his posts, and found them refreshingly level-headed, as compared to the abject radicalism I'm seeing in other posts.

My issue is not with what he has to say (most of the time), it's with the fact that I have to decipher what he is trying to say because he is continously LMAO. I have the same issue with people who say "y'know" or "umm" all the time. I WANT to hear (or read) what he has to say, it's just frustrating to read his posts.

I didn't write my original post about this to be mean or condescending, I was just trying to express how really difficult I have found it to read dj's posts.

OregonRed

Postby TestesInSac » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:51 pm

OregonRed wrote:I didn't write my original post about this to be mean or condescending, I was just trying to express how really difficult I have found it to read dj's posts.[/color]

Point taken. Sometimes it isn't the language of the post, but the shear length, that'll make a post nigh unreadable.
I am my own sock puppet.
TestesInSac

Postby Badger » Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:39 pm

Sometimes it isn't the language of the post, but the shear length, that'll make a post nigh unreadable.

"Beep beep." hey Chimp, here comes the clue bus.
Last edited by Badger on Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby PJ » Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:43 pm

I, too, found DJ bigE's post's incomprehensible. At first. Later a poetic "English-as-a-second-language" cadence broke though to the surface, and now I can comprehend him as well as any of the third-world instrumentation electronics technicians I used to support via fax.

Treat him well and he'll provide you with coinz.
PJ

Postby Chai Guy » Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:29 pm

On Sunday afternoon he produced a display of dildos and other sex toys with the intention of selling them on the street. When told that selling things isn't allowed, he got indignant and said "this stuff is expensive, do you expect me to GIVE it away?"

This is too funny!

A few years ago some trustafarians pulled up and asked to camp next to us, we said "Sure". They had brought a dog with them that was not well taken care of and my girlfriend and I ended up spending several hours rehydrating the poor thing and cleaning it's foot pads.

They started stacking up box after box of gallon water bottles with a big for sale sign on it. When they weren't looking we changed the sign to read FREE WATER. When people started taking the water and not paying they got all pissed off, then realized the sign had been changed and then changed it back. This went on all day, the funny thing was they never figured out who was changing the sign (even after we explained the whole no vending rule). They finally gave up on trying to sell anything after most of their water had been taken by people reading the "FREE" sign.
Chai Guy

Postby Kinetic » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:17 pm

Uh, last time I looked BM was about radical self-expression and that should apply to BM's BBS too....if DJ Big E wants lmao every post, go for it.

I'm the master of the long post, if it's too long you have scroll buttons and can always click on NEXT.

Excluding Chunking and Joseph Dunphy everyone on here adds something, I had problems reading his posts at first but now I got the hang of his style and like 'em. Everyone got onto Dragontear when she first posted.....she changed a little bit but she still does some of the same things that annoyed everyone on the old BBS.

If everything was perfect or followed the "rules", this place would be so boring.

(Why is that sopabox creaking under me...is it because I've been standing on it too damn long? I'll shut up now!)
Kinetic

Postby Lydia Love » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:28 pm

Excluding Chunking and Joseph Dunphy

Even they added color and vitriol.

And eyestrain. don't forget eyestrain.
It's all about the squirrels.
Lydia Love

Postby Kinetic » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:29 pm

Yeah, serious eyestrain.
Kinetic

Postby nymphgonebad » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:57 pm

Kinetic wrote:(Why is that sopabox creaking under me...is it because I've been standing on it too damn long? I'll shut up now!)

it's creaking because i kicked the shit out of it out of sheer frustration.

sorry, man, but we should really be using something a tad more sturdy.

like a chunk of granite.
nymphgonebad

Postby Ivy » Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:38 am

Does soap even come in boxes anymore?
Ivy

Postby PJ » Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:56 am

Ivy wrote:Does soap even come in boxes anymore?

Yes, but they're cardboard.
PJ

Postby Rob the Wop » Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:18 am

My only problem with dj e isn't the punctuation or the grammar. It's the ass. If he's laughing his ass off every 5 miniutes, how much ass does he have? I caculated from the sum of his posts, he must have a 2 ton ass so support all the ass-laughing he does. Where is hell can he find pants to fit him?
Rob the Wop

Postby Ivy » Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:13 am

I caculated from the sum of his posts, he must have a 2 ton ass so support all the ass-laughing he does. Where is hell can he find pants to fit him?

Dude, he laught is OFF. He laughs so hard he must be losing all that weight. I bet he has the best toned ass on the eplaya (well, better than trey's anyway !)
Ivy

Postby PJ » Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:51 am

Ivy wrote:I bet he has the best toned ass on the eplaya.

I'll take that bet.
PJ

Postby Ivy » Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:09 am

Now PJ, just becuase the cow likes your ass...
Ivy

Postby nymphgonebad » Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:13 am

i'll pass. don't like wasting my hard earned dough on shitty odds.

too many shoes to buy.....

lemiwink understands me, dontcha?
nymphgonebad

Postby OregonRed » Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:16 pm

princess strych-9 wrote:i'll pass. don't like wasting my hard earned dough on shitty odds.

too many shoes to buy.....

Mmmmmm....shoes

OregonRed

Absolutely!! Wait,.. What?

Postby TheDude » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:42 pm

I agree totally! Wait,... What am I agreeing with? I guess I should just trust you, right? Actually, thanks to child labor and the sweet suffering that comes along with it, my shoes are cheep! I get them when I'm in Thailand. $5.00 a pair for any shoe you can think of! That's the cool side of child abuse. How did this go from moist glueless burners to shoes? :?:
Because moderation is better than just saying no!
TheDude

Postby Kinetic » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:56 pm

Uh, I think I'll stay out of these bets...there's some asses involved that I just don't wanna get up close and personal with to check them out.
Kinetic

Postby Kinetic » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:59 pm

Another thing, NEVER agree with anything on e-playa until you read up on it first. With a cast of characters around like these people, you never know what you'll get yourself into. You could be agreeing to post a pic of your own ass and see if it's better or worse than Trey's pic which makes the rounds quite often.

Speaking of pics, for some STRANGE reason I miss the weird pic of the guy with his hand inside the cow....I'm sure that pic is around somewhere. I mean that smile the guy has......
Kinetic

Postby nymphgonebad » Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:02 pm

Kinetic wrote:Another thing, NEVER agree with anything on e-playa until you read up on it first. With a cast of characters around like these people, you never know what you'll get yourself into. You could be agreeing to post a pic of your own ass and see if it's better or worse than Trey's pic which makes the rounds quite often.

Speaking of pics, for some STRANGE reason I miss the weird pic of the guy with his hand inside the cow....I'm sure that pic is around somewhere. I mean that smile the guy has......

just ask spokes - he e-mailed it to me.
nymphgonebad

Postby Kinetic » Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:04 pm

I don't want it for my personal collection but since we have so many new people around, they need to be properly broken in and shown the e-playa classic picture collections. We might not have the old threads but the pictures can make a reappearance.

I'd post some of them but I still haven't mastered the art of posting pix yet.
Kinetic

PreviousNext

Return to Experiences at Burning Man