most clueless burner

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Postby JezebelinHell » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:32 am

And saying what exactly? Now I'm all nervous.
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Is it too early to nominate for 2004?

Postby Blenderhead » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:43 am

We have an early candidate. From General Discussion:

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:50 am Post subject: Anybody want to do some flame throwing?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as some may have noticed i have put up some topics that have bothered some and humored others. there are a lot of people that would love to take some pop shots at me and that's all good. (that was kind of what i was trying to provoke with the posts.) these i would like to call "flame throwing". (well i did'nt create the name but anyway)

i just hink there are a few that need to let off some flame and there are some pretty good flame throwers here. some are not so good and i myself love to throw some flame every now and then. i can take a little burn myself.

not only that, Hotblack Desiato has a point:

Hotblack Desiato wrote:
It might be a good idea to designate an area for threads that don't belong anywhere else.

Like troll threads, or threads with a catchy header and no substantial opening post, et cetera.

If a thread surfaces which appears to be more or less useless, it could be moved to the aforementioned area, so interested parties could participate and uninterested parties could, well, not.

Just a suggestion.

and also i really am kind of upset about kenetics sudden depature. so i want to see if i can deflate some of the pressure cookers out here with a flame throw. a punchingbag of sort.

(is that ok?)
Blenderhead

Postby TheJudge » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:45 am

Right. Make a section just for trolls and have them post only in that section. That'll work.
"Be at one with the dust of the earth. This is primal union." - Lao Tsu
TheJudge

Re: the Datepicker

Postby jinx_sf_burner » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:25 am

You forgot the part about how he slugged back a 12-pack of cheap beer on the way out to the playa... Marty had the patience of a saint with him.
genghis wrote:
...... We get to the playa, he camps with us, and does the "hang out in camp for a day, disappear for two days" thing. Fine. When he's in camp, he sleeps, and he smokes. He smokes a lot. In one of the MIA periods, someone in camp decided his new name was Datepicker. It stuck.

..... Ah, the Datepicker...
~jinx
jinx_sf_burner

Postby shitmouse » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:45 am

"He dropped the glasses on the way, so it really was just a box of broken glasses".

nice.
"here want some stinky, melted, candy? how about some glass........"

i am so blown away at the folks that think they can just show up and leach off of others.........

i'm so glad the brc is such the deadly, harsh environment. can you imagine if tickets were cheaper and it was easy to go to??? the thought scares me. --(of course we'd all like cheaper tix )...

we had a "clueless" camper with us this year. actually two of them. -(friends of friends).

before the event, i sent out an email asking questions of allergies, lung problems and a genral inquiry about the new people at our camp so i could better prepare for somehting gone wrong whether it be an allergy or what ever........ i asked 1 guy if he was on any medication. he stepped around my medical question 3 times. i finally gave up aksing. so at the burn, i gave him several *gifts*, in which he kept saying: "i don't feel anything"......... which was impossible. believe me.

after the burn when he got home, he sends me this frantic email saying he can't stop tripping. he's getting side effects and his vision is squirrely.....................then he goes to the doctor. the doctor tells him that his "meds" are interacting with the *things* he ate in the desert.........................this could have been avoided if he would have just said he was on meds in the first place! and i was the one to blame for "bad gifts"........................?

then get this!!!
this is really good!
we had a fucking medical doctor stay at our camp this year. another friend of a friend thing........
one night late while we were all coming down sitting by the camp fire after a great playa ride, our camp nieghbor comes over and asks: "can you help my friend? something's wrong!!"......

i go over and look at this medical doctor, -(can you see this irony here?) and he's all sweaty and looks like fuck, all shakey and basically looking like he ate too much candy or speed. i ask him: "what did you do", and he tells me:
"i ate a pot cookie"..................... i'm like ok?........ riiiight..........sure is a strange reaction from a harmless pot cookie......?
then a couple at our camp said he was taking riddelin! --- but he wouldn't tell me that when *i* was asked to help him out....... -(so i started to talk to him and prod to the point where he yakked on himself.......idiot.)

that is one dangerous and stupid game. if you ask someone to help you because you fear you need to go to the hospital or you over-dosed. tell people what you did! if your so embarrased by the drug you choose to be stupid with, then you need to sit down re-think about who you are, and where your bad psychosis is leading you.
=-=-= \<>/ =-=-=
shitmouse

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:23 pm

why
thanks for noticing blenderhead.
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Postby Hotblack Desiato » Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:40 pm

TheJudge wrote:Right. Make a section just for trolls and have them post only in that section. That'll work.

It wouldn't, but it might work if we have moderators who are empowered to move said threads as soon as it becomes obvious that nothing substantial is being discussed.

I don't think moderators should be able to do anything BUT move threads. But if there are sixteen different threads on the same subject, or a whole bunch of attention-seeking "vanity projects" lying around, or if JD turns up again, wouldn't it be nice to have it all somewhere other than GenDisc or 2003 Theme? Just so making real use of this resource is easier, and there's less dross to slog through?
Hotblack Desiato

Postby Tiahaar » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:15 am

The clueless burner tidbits are great! More, more please : ) I only have a small one to report, if I'd been sharper it could have been much more fun: a rather ordinary frumpy looking fellow wandered up to my bus while I was puttering around outside one evening and asked if I had any "magic chocolate"...? Magic chocola...? * oh, duh, mind altering stuff...sorry, I said, we're a drug-free camp. He wandered off, then I remembered I had some peanut M&Ms inside. That will be my magic chocolate handout for next year, heheheh (yes, this is the good stuff!)
Burning Man 2003-14; Desert Carillon, HypnoHorse, Ulaume's Chimes, Iron Native, Black Rock Solar, Portal Collective, Center Camp Café Stage and Sound Tech
Keru's Phenomenal Phantasmagoria of Terrors and Delights
Tiahaar

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Postby keepthebeat » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:03 pm

Sometimes being clueless can work out for the better. I need to share my own clueless behavior.

This year I went to the Burn alone, having broken with my Burnmate from last year. I arrived Monday at dusk, excited and optimistic for adventure. I located a great spot, not to close but still walking distance to Center Camp. The people around me smiled but no words were exchanged, just pleasant nods. I quickly set tent, shade canopy, carpet, inflatable mattress etc. I grab a quick bite and then take off on my bike to visit the man. That night I sleep like a baby after a cold one.

The next AM I awaken before the heat of the day and on the way to the potties, realize I am spread out in a theme camp area. What an idiot I am. I wander over to the nearest person and introduce myself. They don't have a clue as to which camp I have crashed on as it is not theirs. I then wander over to the second person I see and they tell me that I should move as they think that the area will fill up and they will need the room for the rest of their camp.

Here I am, spread out and unpacked, thinking how the fuck am I going to stuff everything back into my compact car as the heat of the day is coming. Faced with this fact, I decide to ask a third person who appears to be part of the camp I have crashed and also happens to be a total fox. I tell her how I realized my mistake and that I was at her mercy but that I really did not relish the idea of packing up.

A brief pause and then the glorious words, "would you like to join our camp"

"hell yeah", I reply.

In the end made some great friends and find out that the person who said I should leave was actually from an adjacent camp area and didn't know her own boundaries.

Thank you to Shira and the JC Cirque de Sacrilege
keepthebeat

Postby JonoVision » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:11 pm

shitmouse wrote: strange reaction from a harmless pot cookie

Don't underestimate the effects of pot cookies -- I've seen hardcore drughounds flattened for days by them.
JonoVision

Postby ramen » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:47 pm

JonoVision wrote:Don't underestimate the effects of pot cookies -- I've seen hardcore drughounds flattened for days by them.

I guess this would qualify as a clueless newbie routine. A couple of burns back my mate and I ate pot brownies before leaving the burn thinking it would help us chill out for the long drive back.

The tasty little morsels practically flat-lined us before we got to Empire. We had to pull over in this hideous little factory town (at least it seemed that way to our twitchy eyeballs) in the dead of night and basically freak out for a couple of hours before we got it together enough to get out of there.

In a fit of paranoia I abandoned my cool blinkey light bike in a ball field. Makes you wonder what the kid who found it thought of it. We will never go there again...Empire or pot brownies.
Short Attention Span Theatre
ramen

Postby Badger » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:00 pm

Most clueless Burner? On the playa or on the e-playa.

Somehow I think the candidate I have in mind qualifies for both and has this thing for 'insest.'
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:03 pm

Badger wrote:Most clueless Burner? On the playa or on the e-playa.

Somehow I think the candidate I have in mind qualifies for both and has this thing for 'insest.'

hey looks like you have a thing for me.

you have a lot of time on your hands huh?
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Postby Kinetic II » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:07 pm

Badger wrote:Most clueless Burner? On the playa or on the e-playa.

There's 3 people with almost the same name...which one were you thinking of? (just kidding)
General Discussion has turned into a general disaster. Miss Sparkle, where are you?
Kinetic II

Postby Badger » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:07 pm

Your level of delusion is exceeded only by your insipidness.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:11 pm

Badger wrote:

Your level of delusion is exceeded only by your insipidness.

you like big words :lol:
did you learn that one today?
that's right you turned me on to that dictionary for mac's huh?
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Postby Badger » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:14 pm

you like big words

Yes and I also walk upright without the use of my knuckles.

Lessons are available.
Last edited by Badger on Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:15 pm

Badger wrote:Yes and I also walk upright without the use of my knuckles.

Lessons are available.

hey i know how to chew gum walk and talk at the same time.
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Postby Kinetic II » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:17 pm

Someone is about to get outplayed, outfoxed, outwitted, whatever you call it, this is a NO CONTEST.

Digimon, you'd be better off finding another thread to post in. You won't win a war with Badger. You might as well call on St. Jude, the patron saint of lost causes because your going to need all that help just to play.
Kinetic II

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:21 pm

hey i was'nt trying to create a war with badger.

hey does'nt anybody including badger remember i was the one trying to make nice by giving fucking gifts.

i hope no one is thinking i'm trying or have bad ills with badger.

hey i've always learned from badger.
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:24 pm

and what is this with everyone if i respond to those who have something to say about me?

this is'nt the thread for this but hey.

or mabey it is.

someone wants to make it seem that digiman is cluless.
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:40 pm

Badger wrote:
i was the one trying to make nice by giving fucking gifts.

Far be it from me to horde your gracious benefaction. You might first consider gifting yourself and the larger readership here by swilling a cup of hemlock.

"sip"

wow that was goood......hey wait a minute.....heeeyyy.....i'm starting to feel......wooozy...........oh ...oh ....oh that feels really good....i'm starting to feel .........clueless
Last edited by THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN on Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Postby Badger » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:40 pm

someone wants to make it seem that digiman is cluless.

Muuuuuuust.....

........resist.......... fish...in

a.....

................barrel
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby alice » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:42 pm

if you keep your mouth shut, then no bugs can fly in.
bitch all you want - it won't change nothin.
alice

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:43 pm

alice wrote:if you keep your mouth shut, then no bugs can fly in.

hey your starting to grow wings..........
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Postby Patience » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:53 am

My parents have this miniature dachshund whom they named Tara. I call her Humanities 232, because they bought this purebred flea farm at a pet store for about the same cost as one of my college courses, all of which I paid for by myself because they couldn't afford it. I don't resent my parents though--I blame the dog.

I'm none too fond of this mini-weiner dog. Aside from the tuition bit, it is just a stupid and unattractive roly-poly little creature that stinks and hides under blankets all day because they're bred to burrow. It yips those little dog yips when you're trying to sleep off a hangover (it does this on purpose). I hate the weiner dog.

So I play this game with Humanities 232 called "Come Here, Go Away." As the name suggests, the game consists of me calling the rat-dog over to me excitedly as if I actually like it. "Come here! Come here!" It runs over as fast as its little legs can carry its weird body, tail wagging happily. As soon as it gets to me, I act very unhappy with the dog, and scold it in the bad dog voice, "Go away." She obeys, head down, like she just pissed on the carpet. Then I repeat the process for as long as I feel like fucking with her.

Now, it's obvious why I play this game. I am a sadistic dog-hater. The question is, why does the dog keep coming back for more?
It's not that I hate you. It's just that I'm a much better person than you.
Patience

Postby Alpha » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:11 am

Because she's got 10,000 years of breeding behind her that makes her crave your attention. If you did that to a child you'd be locked away for such abuse and I'd probably come over there and kick your ass.
Alpha

Postby ecliptic » Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:41 am

Patience wrote:"Come here! Come here!" It runs over as fast as its little legs can carry its weird body, tail wagging happily. As soon as it gets to me, I act very unhappy with the dog, and scold it in the bad dog voice, "Go away." She obeys, head down, like she just pissed on the carpet. Then I repeat the process for as long as I feel like fucking with her.

Now, it's obvious why I play this game. I am a sadistic dog-hater. The question is, why does the dog keep coming back for more?

I hope you're kidding, that's some pretty sick stuff. Did you intend your eplaya name to be an oxymoron? Maybe you're just a troll. I don't know.
ecliptic

Postby Lydia Love » Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:51 am

Am I the only one who assumed patience's story was a parable of sorts?
It's all about the squirrels.
Lydia Love

Ghastly

Postby Markov Chaney » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:04 am

I hope it was a parable. In my book, torturing a dog is akin to mocking your retarded cousin for kicks.

Torturing cats, on the other hand... :wink:
Markov Chaney

PreviousNext

Return to Experiences at Burning Man