Help Identify the Burner we saw die on the road home

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Help Identify the Burner we saw die on the road home

Postby Amyl » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:25 am

Dear BRC Family
It is with great sadness that I wish to tell you about a fellow burner,who we saw die on the way home.
It was sunday at 7:00 our time about 10 miles outside of Elco Nevada.
We were driving along and saw dust rise from the side of the road. Another car had stopped and people were running out to the roadside with a first aid kit.
A light bronze SUV, possibly a GMC, had flipped end to end twice- then rolled several times before stopping.The engine was still running- there was no one inside.
Jim was first to get to her. She had been thrown about 12 ft from the car. It was a horrible site her body was broken and she was obviously dead. The other witness checked for a pulse- there was none. Then he reached in to the mangled vehicle and shut the engine off. I walked up to the car just after he had shut it off. The dark interior did not hide the amount of blood inside. I was looking underneath the car for possibly another victim when I made the horrible discovery of her left arm (about 14 ft away from her body). It was next to the passenger side wheel. The hand was palm down. A large skin flap from the shoulder was bunched at the top. Her arm must have been caught in the seatbelt she Obviously was not wearing and was then ripped from her body.
Nearby was her bloody bra and tshirt. A boot here, chapstick there... Another witness and myself covered her arm with what was left of the shirt that had also been ripped from her young body.
She had medium length dredded light brown hair-she was a taller girl in her early 20's. She had a blue decorated playa bike and a dark leather cowboy hat with a rolled brim.
She was headed back to Colorado from the burn and her body is being flown back to her family in New Jersey.
She had almost no camping gear ( of what was spread about the field where we found her) so,I think she must have camped with others- or slept in her car.
There was a pipe nearby.
PLEASE- Oh PLEASE, Learn from her mistake. She obviously didn't sleep enough, partied too hard and may have smoked on the way home and fell asleep at the wheel. This beautiful life with so much potential ended so horribly.
If you think you know the identity of this girl please email me. I am still very disturbed by witnessing her death. I worry about her friends who don't know what happened to her. I wish to send flowers to her funeral.
Please- remember her next time you leave Black Rock City- wear your seat belt and ask yourself- Am I too tired to drive?
Sorry if this is too graphic- but you should be affected by the severity of her poor deathand perhaps remember her.
Love to you all
Amyl and Jimbobwe
Amyl

My heartfelt sympathies goes out to her family and ours

Postby TheCrw » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:33 am

:(
~Kaw Kaw~

goes theCrw
TheCrw

Postby funkymonkey1111 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:16 am

This is from a Denver Post news in brief section:

Nev. car crash kills Evergreen woman

An Evergreen woman was killed when she lost control of her car on Interstate 80 near Elko, Nev.

Kimberly Pisarcik, 33, was traveling east about 6 p.m. Sunday when her sport utility vehicle drifted off the road, the Nevada Highway Patrol said.

Authorities said the woman overcorrected, sending the vehicle into a skid across both eastbound lanes. The vehicle overturned and Pisarcik was ejected. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
funkymonkey1111

Postby diane o'thirst » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:16 pm

Folks:

LEAVE MONDAY MORNING

Your job ain't worth your life. Get a full night's rest and be fresh for the drive home.
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby tonka » Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:11 pm

:(

this was obviously posted a long time ago. and may not be replyed to again. but i have to write this:

i too have been wittness (well, the scene afterwards like this story) to an almost equally disturbing vehical accident, this one involving one of my close friends, his dog, his truck, and a semi-truck. this was the last friday of september, 2003. every day i pass by the corner in which this horrible event took place and it acts as a chilling reminder of how dangerous driving really is. to this day, even after many harsh canadian winter storms, rains, and winds, the tire tracks and scortch marks are still on the ground, next to a wodden cross and flowers placed there for Mike.

please, DRIVE SAFELY, SOBER, AND RESTED

take my word

Sara
baring your soul kinda feels like taking off a PVC catsuit after dancing in it all night at a techno rave party...
tonka

Return to Experiences at Burning Man