If I gave you a pipe, it needs to be oiled

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

If I gave you a pipe, it needs to be oiled

Postby Angry Butterfly » Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:00 pm

I used to make wooden pipes and sell them, and I took some extras as playa gifts, i was so exited about the whole gifting thing i gave them all away fast, If you got one, it needs to be oiled periodicly to keep iti in shape, salad bowl oil is best, but any oil, like olive oil will do. Enjoy!
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.
Angry Butterfly

Postby Flux » Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:10 am

I always carry oil (or its equivalent) for my pipe with me, just in case those I offer my pipe to don't have sufficient lubrication at hand (or at whatever...).
Flux

Postby Borris » Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:45 am

I was gifting people with Olive oil from israel.
Shit, where was i for the last week... ehm...
Borris

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: DPW

Postby blyslv » Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:10 am

Borris, on the last night 4 of us were cooking dinner when Kirk said it was hard to cook the potato(e)s without any oil. Out came your bottle and perfect fried potatos ensued. That was a perfect gift, thanks!
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:56 pm

blyslv wrote:Borris, on the last night 4 of us were cooking dinner when Kirk said it was hard to cook the potato(e)s without any oil. Out came your bottle and perfect fried potatos ensued. That was a perfect gift, thanks!

Tastes great on pipes too!

A II Z
Apollonaris Zeus

Return to Experiences at Burning Man