going home...

What does it mean to you?

going home...

Postby the fire elf » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:06 am

this year i am going home...

i have been a wayward traveller, walking through foreign cities and strange cultures for too long...

i have learned what the schools have to teach me...gathered what they have to contribute to my widening perspective...

i have expanded to the extent that a non- experimental art community will allow...

i have struggled against preconceived notions and ideas of what it means to be human...

i have attempted to function in a society of shadows and illusions...

i cannot speak the language...

i cannot create a home with strangers...

my home is already found...in a city that doesn't yet exist...with a people not yet covered in dust and smiles...

for one week humanity has a pulse...mankind comes alive...then i am seen...then i see clearly...

in an oasis of an uninhabitable land...in a landscape that just is, eternally the same in the moment, it doesn't claim a past and doesn't presume a future...

i belong to an environment that allows for unlimited expansion...a flat plain from which to launch myself into the heavens...within a community that propels me ever forward in my quest to become...

so i wait...and prepare...prepare myself...to lose all connections with who the world thinks me to be...to step beyond the image projected onto me by those who believe they can define me...to dispel that limited idea of who i am...to find myself in that moment when it is gone like so many shadows chased away by the rising sun...

the sun will rise...the new sun shines with new truth...but it will only be seen by those who have the eyes to see it...by those who are able to live through the innocent eyes of a child...by a city whose economy is love...

the innocent children are waiting for it...they prepare to build a mighty city to call it forth and recognize themselves as one with it...

and so it is...

we will collect outside the reaches of the conforming society...we will conspire to step beyond the boxes handed to us from past generations...and we will become...always, we will become...

together...to gather...

may your journey home be swift...to the city beyond the grips of illusion...where reality is seen...

~elf
the fire elf

Burning Since: 2002

Postby Badger » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:22 am

Dude, I wish so much I knew calligraphy. I'd ask permission to copy this and gift it to Bob.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby Sensei » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:15 am

Nice. He'd probably burst into tears...
Sensei

Postby With A K » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:26 am

Fire Elf, that was no IS BEAUTIFUL. Thank You :D
Sincerely,
"With A K"
With A K

Return to 2004 Theme: the Vault of Heaven