Possible Craft Partners

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Possible Craft Partners

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:26 am

Okay, I'm not sure if I'll even volenteer for the org next year. I do have a couple of ideas for art projects that I might want to do in a camp next year, but I'd like to see if there are people who might want to partner with me on these things.

My ideas:
1--make frames incorporating gifts for people's playa photo
2--Make the Man out of wire.

I haven't actually done any prototypes, but I like both ideas. I'm not sure if the ESD camps are good sites and I'm not sure I want to do this alone. Anyone interested?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby geekster » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:50 pm

The man out of wire thing sounds interesting. I had in mind a little variation I saw of something posted in another thread about colored flames.

I was thinking of soaking steel wool in the chemicals stated in that thread that give the desired colors, letting the solvent dry, and then making a man out of the steel wool somehow attached to a wire frame. He could then be burned and the result would be a multicolored beauty. I also thought about adding sparklers to it too. Steel wool burns like crazy if it isn't too compressed or if some oxidizer is applied.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:02 pm

I haven't done a whole lot of work with wire jigs, but I've done basic jewelry wireworking and I think it would be easy to make something cute and colorful. You could add beads, do multiple sizes and have something solid or more modular.

Yours is good too. I just have a problem with the idea of breathing metal fumes.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby diane o'thirst » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:46 pm

Here's a nice bit of synchronicity for you...

At the same time this discussion rezzed up, I got an e-mail from Freecycle. Someone was offering heavy-duty wire left over from their campaign headquarters' lawn signs. It's probably too late to get that particular item but you might want to hit the campaign HQs later next week after the election is over and scoop up their old lawn signs. Keep the wire out of the landfill and lots and lots and lots of wire for your project for free.
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:24 am

It may be too hard to work with. . . Good thought. Right now I'm looking for partners to help me. (Incert Badger/Rob the Wop rant about not doing it all myself here.) I'm not going collecting until I know that I have persons to work with. I'll find something else to do on-playa by myself if I have to.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Return to 2004 Camps, Art & Activities