Contact Info for Cubitron Creators?

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Contact Info for Cubitron Creators?

Postby Mark Hinkley » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:29 am

I was thrilled by the Cubitron, the cube with the grid of color-changing ping pong balls. None of the art that was registered in the last weeks of the registration period has been updated on the website yet, does anybody know who created that marvel or how to get in touch with them?

I stood there watching the patterns and thought it is just a matter of time before those ping pong balls are pixel-sized and pixel-spaced and we are watching 3d television. My companion remarked that BM is like a new World's Fair of new technology and its applications. In that vein, we turned away from our amaze at the Cubitron to be treated to a dj's set on the Space Cowboy's Unimog, with audio and visual broadcast live from Bali.

Mad props to Cubitron and its creators. I hope they will bring their beautiful project out to some of the regional decoms and events.
Mark Hinkley

Postby bradtem » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:52 pm

Mark Lottor from our camp made the Cubatron.

But honestly, and I know this is going to sound a bit rude, but all you had to do was type "cubatron" into Google and Mark's page about it is the
first hit you get.

(Admittedly if you think it is cubitron you will get the 3M procduct.)
bradtem

Burning Since: 1998

Postby Mark Hinkley » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:10 pm

Sorry for my laziness. I just thought I would ask here and add my compliments. Thanks for the spelling correction and point in the right direction.
Mark Hinkley

Link to the cubatron site

Postby Gadget » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:09 pm

For those who are lazy, here's the link:

http://www.nw.com/nw/projects/cubatron/
Gadget

Return to 2004 Camps, Art & Activities