to dj when needed

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

to dj when needed

Postby mighty merkin » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:40 am

i am bringin vinyl and cds.i worked @ club cherry,bang,club 1970s(the original) and other L.A. clubs.i am offering house party ass-shakin songs you may know to break up the techno/house/trance vibe.i like to play good older stuff with big,broken or break-beat.we are camping all 7 days@ 3:45 and earth. the camp with the kieth haring neon men.my name is sean.i want to help.
mighty merkin

make that two.......

Postby minimalistik » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:23 am

i dont promise to shake any booty, i worked at lots of clubs both as patron and bar back, i do dj at several clubs but only for drinks and for our own occasional blow outs, plan to bring a few records but no place to play yet, not overly concerned about playing for a hundred dancing people, just chill space maybe....

dub/minimal/glitch
minimalistik

DJ with cool little portable rig

Postby Rage » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:53 pm

I spin it all! Trance, Techno, Goth, Punk, Hardcore, Funk, Rock, Ambient, Goa, 70's, Bhangra, House, blah,blah blah.

I have a cool little rig w/2 personal CD players, a 4 channel mixer, an old laptop with Rebirth & a Mixman DM2 and an Altec Lansing computer speaker rig with subwoofer. It won't shake the earth but it will do small bars and camps well. It's moderately loud. Of course the mixer can be plugged into amplification.

Email me via my website: www.micrage.com
"I was dreamin' when I wrote this
Forgive me if it goes astray..." - Prince
Rage

forgot to mention

Postby minimalistik » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:27 pm

oh yeah, i forgot to mention that i dont suck, or at least they wont tell me. I just dont like DJ culture or giving myself any "props". I am really a club burnt techno coniseur (spellcheck) and I would rather not be stuck playing at some huge candy raver event. Think of it as intellegent listening.

Down with Sasha VanOakenweed!

Full Set Here

http://www.soundfixer.com/Live_Re-Konstruckted_Set.mp3

Perhaps i can play naked and painted, now thats an attraction. Your camp could advertise a 6'9" naked polka dotted dj
minimalistik

Postby diggum » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:30 pm

i ain't bringing any vinyl down, but I'll be toting a huge collection of cd's. Ain't no sissy house in this setlist. Feel the monster that is ARE Weapons, club yourself with the homostylings of Scissor Sisters, Try and keep with the the style changes of Fiery Furnaces, Stroke your beard to Classic ZZ Top, get on the good foot with funky James Brown, Wonder how you ever forgot about Shirley Ellis and her clapping song, zone on breaks laid over hunter s thompson yammering something about goddamned bats.

i'm available for playa weddings, bar miztvahs, bat mitzvahs (you're a woman now!) playa divorces, group sex (but no cuddle parties,) fashion shows, fashion hides, arrests, convulsions, sleep interference, motorized events, etc.

Lemme know if you need what I have. I'll do the same for you.
diggum

Return to 2004 Camps, Art & Activities