experienced DJ available - eclectic grooves

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

experienced DJ available - eclectic grooves

Postby poetcrab » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:47 pm

Hello beautiful Burning Man Community!

Here's an opportunity to bring to your camp an eclectic phusion of world (African, Latin, Brazilian, roots reggae dub), electro (ambient, downtempo, broken beat, dnb, techno, house - No PsyTrance); conscious hip-hop, nu-soul/jazz, & old skool (80's, disco, etc). I call it Funky International Liberation Dance Music.

Points of reference include: Gilles Peterson, Jazzanova, Compost records, 4-hero, Minnie Riperton, Oneness of Juju, Fela Kuti, Cheb i Sabbah, Pharoah Sanders, Olatunji, Dead Can Dance, The Congos, Masters At Work, Roots, Nina Simone ... to name a few heavy hitters.

I have been helping dancers soul uplift for over ten years now. Through positive musical messages drawing connections from beats and grooves across the nations I create dynamic patterns of new and familiar rhythms designed to inspire and move people towards unity and inner spiritual liberation without borders.

This will be my second time coming to Burningman and so i offer my gift of DJing to BRC this year. If you provide the cd decks and space i will come share what i do best. Bring some global soul to BRC and let's all get free!

Contact me directly at poetcrab@yahoo.com.

Thank You ALL for doing what you do to make BRC soo beautiful.
One Love! Marcelino Sepulveda.
ona move, ona good groove
poetcrab

Return to 2004 Camps, Art & Activities