canadian beaver eating

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

canadian beaver eating

Postby Mistress of Mirth » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:49 am

Does anyone know what camp hosts this and if it is returning to BRC?
Mistress of Mirth

Postby Dustdevil » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:51 am

It has always been at Gigsville, but sorry to report it is not going to happen this year. I spoke with Wicked Sunshine a couple of weeks ago and he is unable to attend and put the event together. He did say next year will be bigger and better.
Those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right.
Dustdevil

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Brain Freeze / Got Stickers Camp

Postby Mistress of Mirth » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:13 am

DD

Thanks for getting back to me....beyond sad to hear this. The contest was always fun..but watching the crowd watch the contest was better.
Mistress of Mirth

Postby Fat SAM » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:47 pm

From everything I've read about this, it's a "no watching" event...What's the deal? I keep seeing three sort of different views on stuff like this...

There's the elitist, "Me-and-my-friends-are-the-only-people-cool-enough" vibe. These people are often saying that noone should be allowed in and everyone but them is a jock or a yahoo.

There's the "everything-goes" pov like that public masturbation joker has. Everyone do whatever they want type people.

And then there are the moderates.

So what's the deal? How is it, really? Are people allowed to just go check stuff like this out or is there some bouncer who tests people for coolness factor like outside a club or is it that you can see stuff like this if you're not a drunk belligerent? I'm not particularly interested in a giant muff dive but I would like to know the rules of stuff like this before some guys tells me to "get away from the door of our theme camp; you're not cool enough." I just want to avoid feelings of hurt or suspicion.
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.
Fat SAM

Postby Dustdevil » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:50 pm

It is a spectator event. Positively a "no media" zone. Really well organized. In fact spectators often end up joining the action AND bribing the judges is encouraged.
Dustdevil

Postby Tancorix » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:55 pm

I've read elsewhere that single guys are forbidden. In any event this is the kind of event you want to participate in, not sit back and spectate. But I'm single so this is one event scratched out for me.

This year I plan to check out more stuff than I usually do like HeeBeeGeeBee Healers and various camps...I get shy and am afraid to check things out. Not this year. And maybe I can find someone and enter this contest yet. Who knows. On the playa, anything is possible.
Tancorix

Postby Dustdevil » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:05 pm

Tancorix,

You are correct. I had forgotten about that little stipulation. Single guys cannot spectate. Howver, as you so eloquently stated, "anything is possible on the Playa". Are you going to Meet & Greet on Thursday?
Dustdevil

Postby BurnScar » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:07 am

Are people allowed to just go check stuff like this out or is there some bouncer who tests people for coolness factor like outside a club or is it that you can see stuff like this if you're not a drunk belligerent?

Guys with hockey sticks at the door.
BurnScar

Postby Fat SAM » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:39 am

BurnScar wrote:
Guys with hockey sticks at the door.

Like I said, I want to avoid any unnecessary feelings of hurt or suspicion.
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.
Fat SAM

Canadian Beaver?

Postby Gothalot » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:16 am

Ive never eatin a Canadian beaver. Are they good?
Gothalot

pity to hear

Postby Yonder Burn » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:28 pm

Pity to hear there is no CBEC this year. I tried to get in there (with a female friend from the M&G) last year but the lines were just too long. Now it'll be an even longer wait, as in another year. Not to worry, there will doubtless be other fun to be had on the playa that night.
Yonder is my name and Yonder is my home
Yonder Burn

Postby Dustdevil » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:22 pm

YB,

If I had to guess I would imagine that you don't read directions when you get home with a new fun toy. You just start playing with it. Reading the directions at the GCBEC was very helpful. My wife and I went from the middle of that long line to a good spot inside in an instant. The directions clearly stated "bribing of judges and staff is highly encouraged" At least it worked for us. Actually I read the directions because I was bored from standing in line too long and I took that statement literally. As well I should have.
Dustdevil

ummm

Postby Yonder Burn » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:29 pm

Err ummm - sometimes I look at long lines and just think "no chance"...in this case we waited for about 15 mins and then went off to other things. Should have read the instructions on the box, I now see!!
Y
Yonder Burn

in place of CBEC

Postby ziamah » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:36 am

Well girls and boys. What can we find to replace the CBEC???? There must be an event that will be a good substitute for such activities.
The potential opportunities and experiences of life are so tremendously vast that trying everything you can should be your only philosophy
ziamah

Postby giantmonster » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:27 pm

damn! i just got my beaver back from the drycleaners today and then i read this thread. wwah-waaahhh. oh well - sorry beaver! there's always next year.
<font size="2" color="333333">enjoy your version reality while you can ...</font>
giantmonster

Re: in place of CBEC

Postby BurnScar » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:55 am

ziamah wrote:Well girls and boys. What can we find to replace the CBEC???? There must be an event that will be a good substitute for such activities.

That's the ticket. When something gets really popular you need to make several similar (not duplicate) events as the traffic gets insane.
BurnScar

Postby nostratomas » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:42 am

Fat SAM wrote:From everything I've read about this, it's a "no watching" event...What's the deal? I keep seeing three sort of different views on stuff like this...

There's the elitist, "Me-and-my-friends-are-the-only-people-cool-enough" vibe. These people are often saying that noone should be allowed in and everyone but them is a jock or a yahoo.

There's the "everything-goes" pov like that public masturbation joker has. Everyone do whatever they want type people.

And then there are the moderates.

So what's the deal? How is it, really? Are people allowed to just go check stuff like this out or is there some bouncer who tests people for coolness factor like outside a club or is it that you can see stuff like this if you're not a drunk belligerent? I'm not particularly interested in a giant muff dive but I would like to know the rules of stuff like this before some guys tells me to "get away from the door of our theme camp; you're not cool enough." I just want to avoid feelings of hurt or suspicion.

Hey fatty, take it easy man. You just have to have a muff in toe, so to speak, and some room to breathe - or not.
If you can't ride it, burn it.
nostratomas

Postby Simply Joel » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:39 am

I am going to keep practiving at home, maybe I will make the team next year.
Simply Joel

Postby Simply Joel » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:41 am

practicing...

no fucking edit function.... damn damn damn....

ladies, keep those beavers warm, clean and fresh!
Simply Joel

Postby Yonder Burn » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:51 am

I second that!
Yonder Burn

Postby Lostfolio » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:57 am

Keep your giny shiny with vagi-seal and it's patented liquid rubber formula. Another fine produc from Dunbar.

Dunbar: Fighting for an America worth fighting for.
Love pussy, hate Bush
Lostfolio

Return to 2004 Camps, Art & Activities