Input wanted on the cost of water

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Input wanted on the cost of water

Postby djzip13 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:20 am

I am try to price water for our theme camp. I don't know what I should be paying for water. Options include having the water delivered to our San Francisco location for transport or picking it up in Reno.

1. We are buying 300 gallons of water. What are people paying for this?

2. Where is the place in Reno people get water? Do they provide containers or do you need your own?

Any input is appreciated. We're trying to make our dollars go as far as possible so we can afford more for our open bar.

Cheers!
djzip13

Postby Silver 2 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:32 am

Main page, search: water
first result:
WATER: VITAL INFORMATION AND RESOURCES

http://www.burningman.com/preparation/e ... water.html

Note: 300 gallons will weigh about 2,450 pounds not including containers. Be easier to get in it Reno than haul it over the mountains. Scroll down to "Where to get water in Reno". They also discuss containers and whatnot.

You owe me a drink or two.
I like playing with fire.
Silver 2

Postby Fat SAM » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:05 pm

The place is Winco foods. There are two of them and water is 64 cents per gallon. Both Wincos are convenient to 395 and located at opposite ends of Reno. To get there from I-80, go to the 395 interchange and head north or south. North, get off on Exit 69 and turn right. Winco will be on your right. South, go to exit 60, turn right and Winco will be on your right.
Don't worry, they have lots of water.
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.
Fat SAM

Postby kiddo » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:09 pm

Or... you could just stop by the lake or in Truckee with a bunch of containers, fill 'em up off a spigot for free and the water will be better than any you can buy.
kiddo

Postby Icepack » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:21 pm

Check the link that was already posted. Buy the water in Reno. I think we paid less than 30 cents/gallon last year. We provided our own containers at Water Mart or whatever it was called.
Icepack

Try "Simply Water"

Postby XARAKITTY » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:11 am

Last year our theme camp got our water from Simply Water in Reno, it was next to an Albertsons supermarket, I couldn't tell you the street offhand, But they had the best prices for water. You could fil your own containers, buy gallon jugs already boxed up and ready to go, or get those reallly big 5 gallon water cooler type jugs. They were very friendly to burners.

-Casey
XARAKITTY

Return to 2004 Camps, Art & Activities