Come build Mud castles on the Playa @ the "Castle"

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Come build Mud castles on the Playa @ the "Castle"

Postby The Great Quentini » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:05 pm

The Castle is an evolving "sand castle" of Playa mud. We will be mixing playa and water to make clay then cutting it into miniture bricks and bulding the mud castle of your dreams. There is plenty of playa dust and plenty of room. Bring a little water ( one gal is plenty to get started) and a willingness to get your hands muddy. Look for the location of "Castle" on your playa guide and come out. Hours will vary according to when we wake up/ collapse. but we will try to leave dry bricks to play with. Let the play begin
The Great Quentini

Postby Badger » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:07 pm

Let the play begin

NOTE: some disassemby required.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Disassembly thoughts

Postby The Great Quentini » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:50 pm

Last year I made a lot of clay in large chunks and when it dried out i bashed it to dust with a sledge. My test so far with the thinner bricks its that they crumble to dust. So instead of burning this year i am bashing.
The Great Quentini

BLM Stipulations

Postby raya playa » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:45 am

Please note that the BLM Stipulations forbid this kind of project. If this type of project were to occur, the Burning Man event permit could be jeopardized in future years. Let's all work together to comply with the BLM's requirements this year. Please respond to if you have any questions. Cheers!
raya playa

Return to 2004 Camps, Art & Activities