Looking for Burners knowing about The Kumbh Mela in India

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Looking for Burners knowing about The Kumbh Mela in India

Postby val » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:45 am

Hi there!

I am filming a 52' documentary this year on the BM and the Kumbh Mela in India. That would be great to get back to me if you have been to a Mela in India to share your view and thoughts . I'll be at Saturn and 4 from the 28th of August. Otherwise you can contact me at valerie.aubert@club-internet.fr

Cheers,
Val
val

Postby Badger » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:08 am

Check out some of the residents of Lush (2:30 and Mercury?) camp this year. More than a few have made the sojourn to the Kumbh Mela.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby Hottlotus » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:11 am

Ok so what is a Mela? please explain this india?.. Im indian and I dont even know this!
Hottlotus

Postby blyslv » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:41 am

A freind of mine brought back a lot of footage of the Khumba Mela. It is the largest spiritual gathering on the planet. A "minor" gatehring happens every 4 years, with the big one happenieng every 12 years. It attracted over 30 million visitors.

There was one sequence in the film about a bunch of sadhus and the disciplines they practiced. One had padlocked his penis and lost the key. Him and my friend went into town and looked all over the place for a locksmith. His friends disapproved becasue they thought he was grandstanding.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Return to 2004 Camps, Art & Activities