That Bloody Camp seeks groovy musicians

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

That Bloody Camp seeks groovy musicians

Postby morgbert » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:59 pm

That Bloody Camp is a harbor of recovery for the morning after, soothing afflicted souls with communion, mellow music, and really damn good bloody marys.

We have piles of vodka and lots of comfy chairs and cushions, but one thing we don't have is musical talent of any sort whatsoever. This is where you, the groovy musician, come in. If you would like to come hang out with us some morning to play your instrument or sing some nice, mellow, welcome-to-the-day tunes, then we would certainly love to hear from you. Drop me a line and let me know what day you want to come by. The bloody factory will be open Thursday - Sunday from roughly 10:30ish to 12ish (in the morning).

Good morning!
morgbert

Postby morgbert » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:08 pm

Ah! If you were to want to email me, an email address would be helpful, wouldn't it? Please drop a line to beth_m0rgan(at)hotmail(dot)com. Note that the O in Morgan is a zero.

Thankee.
morgbert

MUSIC TO SOOTHE THE SOUL

Postby david zahrt » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:01 pm

We have a Barbershop Quartet, that is practicing in absentia and will hit the playa singing. Would you like to try a little Barbershop Harmony with your Bloody Marys?

david
David--After silence, that which comes the nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.--Aldous Huxley
david zahrt

blues, banjo, the works

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:56 am

Hey HRU this natas, I am bringing goodies galore for instruments, amps, ect, what do I look for?? or u probably will see me. Heavy metal, with portable amp and PA, wandering around rocking the playa. See you at the sand.

Postby carpetface » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:56 am

i play a lot of blues/funk/jazz/reggae guitar and drums and have a lot of poetry/rapping/songs that can be done mellow, but i only have a mic and a backing cd with me! i'm up for anything musical......
i'm a London based hiphop/funk/reggae producer/singersongwriter/MC/beatboxer/all round musician
- i'll be at the festival until 2nd september
- if there's any other places i can play that you know of then please let me know!
. check my site www.newbias.com if ya like to see what i'm all about and what some mags have said about my tunes and live shows.

email carpetface@newbias.com

many thanks
adam aka Carpetface
peace!!!
CARPETFACE (one man band) -have mic, will travel!!!
carpetface

Postby pescadorr » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:32 am

sounds like my kind of morning...finally i find some friends who like bloody marys as much as i do. we will have 1/3 the band known as BURN! (my sisteer and I) to mellow up your morning, we just need a location, have you tried a BM with tequila? sounds wierd but tastes great :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:pescadorr[/b]
pescadorr

Play Harmonica / have cordless amp.

Postby TonyBee » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:57 am

Let me know where to go, I'm down.
T Bee.
The HarpMan
Musician / Burner.
TonyBee

Postby morgbert » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:26 am

Thanks for your responses! That Bloody Camp will be at Earth & 8:00... I think we're suited best for mellow and unplugged, as the space to project to is a cozy 20' x 20' and people will be wanting to chat about their evenings, etc. Come by and check in with the red-aproned serving wenches, who can coordinate any performace opportunity and of course, coordinate getting a bloody into your hand.
morgbert

Return to 2004 Camps, Art & Activities